Author Topic: Khorin's Mod Recommendations  (Read 12977 times)

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
Re: Khorin's Mod Recommendations
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2013, 04:55:53 pm »
I didn't really care for their design. Last time I looked at it their plan was to add a billion new provinces, cities and forts. Just stupid. Adding a fuckton of micromanagement and making the mod a siegefiest where the MTW2 AI has never been able to properly handle sieges.

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
Re: Khorin's Mod Recommendations
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2013, 07:13:59 pm »
Heh. Waited 5-6 years for Dominion of the Sword.

Same.

But OP needs updating because they have announced they will continue on with development though they require another team member to help with coding etc, of course this means the release date will yet again move further into the future but it's looking a lot better in terms of the mod being released.

They wasn't stopping development because they were bummed that their mod became part of SEGA's/CA's property etc. I think it was to do with the third party modding tools that they do not"own" or do not belong to SEGA/CA, which basically meant that if the tools are required to be released with the mod, then people would have to pay for the license of the third party modding tools to use them to play the mod, which I imagine in turn means someone is earning money out of the mod and breaks SEGA's/CA's EULA or whatever it is. Or the other thing I concluded which may have been the problem was that the person who the tools belonged to didn't want them becoming apart of SEGA's/CA's property, which would have happened if they were apart of the mod.

That is at least what I made of the clusterfuck of hard to comprehend posts, I imagine it's atleast something along those lines, not just they were bothered about the actual mod becoming SEGA's/CA's property, I'm pretty sure they understood that before they even began creating the mod.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 07:17:41 pm by Leesin »