Author Topic: Who else here plays Stainless Steel for Medieval II Total War Kingdoms?  (Read 35341 times)

Offline Zanze

• Earl
  • Renown: 366
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
  • Game nicks: Raven_Zan
Why would you expand into Scandinavia as Norway? Oslo is a natural chokepoint.

Doing a Norway campaign right now, just finished eating up all of Britain. Took forever because the Pope thought it would be cool to threaten to excommunicate me for anything I did...while whoever I fought constantly sieged and attacked me.

Offline ThePoopy

• Earl
  • Renown: 411
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • .l..
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: PolePoop
i took whole scandiv with my crusading army :D

Offline Zanze

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Ah. Sense made. I had planned on doing something similar, but by the time I had a spare army(and yes, you need a lot for England. Raiders, Drenjar and even Huscarls don't treat to cav very well with their short weapons. And spear militia. lol spear militia.) to move around Denmark boxed me in. So I gave the pope the finger for threatening me so much and finished off England anyways with those spare raiders and drengjar. So hard to use raiders effectively but they are so good :'(

Occupy Raiders-recruitment-in-england!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 05:24:56 pm by Zanze »

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
Downloading it now.
Never played it actually. Basicly played Vanilla quite a fair amount of time and used some smaller mods.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
+2
I remember it took ridiculously long for a turn to be processed in this mod. I remember putting my guitar next to the pc to deal with the waiting, I think I eventually GTX a pretty awesome campaign due to it.

Offline Zanze

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
There is a mod that takes out a bunch of scripts. Turn times aren't instant, but they are pretty fast now. The thread tells you which ones it removes.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
Downloading it now.
Never played it actually. Basicly played Vanilla quite a fair amount of time and used some smaller mods.
Well, I kept trying to install it for 2 days with an overall amount of time invested of... probably 3 hours and I am not willing to invest any more.
No Stainless Steel for me.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Hmm I'm playing medieval 2 total war. Do you have any strategies or tactics you care to share? Not that I can't find good ones in internet. Let's just discuss for the sake of having a conversation.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
Vanilla, or Modded?

Which faction?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Vanilla preferably

Any faction
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
Vanilla sucks, get a mod.

You'll thank me for that.

Also, for all the factions, really? :o Pick one.

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Ok then. I am still fairly new to M2T so I just played vanilla until now, so let's stick with vanilla for the time being.

I have been played with England(finished), Venice(lost) Scotland, Denmark, Turks, HRE; had the most fun with the turks That it offered a differed kind of play. A more creative and abusive, to be honest. So let's go with the eastern factions that have good missile cavalry. Muslim factions, Byzantine, Hungary and such.

I think that having an army consisting of mass missile cavalry offers a powerful tactic. Surrounding the enemy from every side with your horse archers, and use heavy infantry to charge from front if necessary (or let enemy charge). This way the enemy won't be able to use their shields to cover from ranged. This tactic is called as "crescent tactic" by the eastern cultures if I am not mistaken by it's name. Not meaning "false retreat tactic", as some people refer the "crescent tactic" as the "false retreat tactic".
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 11:52:33 pm by Ronin »

Offline Adalwulf

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Adalwulf
Hmm I'm playing medieval 2 total war. Do you have any strategies or tactics you care to share? Not that I can't find good ones in internet. Let's just discuss for the sake of having a conversation.

Best tactic in M2TW is Hammer and Anvil. If you don't know what it is go google it. It's been used since antiquity. Also a good sub mod that i'm currently playing is in the link below.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=455434

Offline Baggy

• Count
  • Renown: 199
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player
  • Sup brah
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Baggy _Potato Blight_ Famine Emigration
  • IRC nick: Baggy
BGR V is better.

Offline Zanze

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
For any of you who enjoy a good read, I just finished the third of this guys AAR's. He is an amazing writer and is phenomenal at actually playing the game. They are all pretty long, but well worth the read. He tries to make a habit of putting the actual story update in the first post of every page. He does include battle scenes and gives somewhat tactical advice through them, so I can say as a whole reading and watching his tactics has made me a slightly better TW player.

This is the link to the first AAR that started it, the rest are in his signature. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=320711