Author Topic: Who else here plays Stainless Steel for Medieval II Total War Kingdoms?  (Read 35345 times)

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
Maybe we can set up a hot-seat campaign? I've always been interested in doing one again now that I have the time.

The Stainless Steel Forums:
http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=314

My guide for the hopelessly lost on how to install (still applies well for 6.4 not just 6.3):
http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=407822
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Tavuk_Bey

• Earl
  • Renown: 409
  • Infamy: 233
  • cRPG Player
  • herrroo, my näym iz bokkkseee änd i'm fukken ugry
    • View Profile
  • Faction: bashibazouk, the official jihad clan
  • Game nicks: tavuk
  • IRC nick: Minister of Shitstorm
that mod is osom but i'm not going to play it with you
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

roast and roast again until lambs become kebab

Offline Zanze

• Earl
  • Renown: 366
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
  • Game nicks: Raven_Zan
The sheer awesomeness of that mod made tons of other mods almost unplayable for me. I am definitely going to re-install medieval once they update SS.

Offline ManOfWar

• Count
  • Renown: 243
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • No crutches at all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Remnant_ManOfWar (Formerly Takeda)
  • IRC nick: ManOfWar
The sheer awesomeness of that mod made tons of other mods almost unplayable for me. I am definitely going to re-install medieval once they update SS.

Ya waiting for the new update
Just a soldier

Offline Berserkadin

• Duke
  • Renown: 592
  • Infamy: 145
    • View Profile
  • Faction: -
  • Game nicks: Krewl_The_Urist_Fox
If you feel like SS is to easy on its own (especielly endgame, just steamrolling the whole world is kinda boring) try out BYG, especielly the new fifth version. Just started out a VH/VH campaign as Denmark and it's really challening. Instead of 2 rounds per year you get 12, feels alot more realistic, supply system, totally different recruitment system, everything feels so much more realistic and much more challenging. Tried to start on gracul AI, but since I, as the player, cant play as recklessly as usual, it was a very punishing 50 rounds since the AI did that. Gangbanged between Norway and HRE and the pope hated me for fighting back, goddamn pope. A really awesome addition to SS if you think its to easy.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
VH/VH, really?

Are you masochistic much?

If I'm correct, the AI gets insane bonuses, while you get shafted.

That's nowhere near realistic, I'd stay with H/H if I were you.

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Berserkadin

• Duke
  • Renown: 592
  • Infamy: 145
    • View Profile
  • Faction: -
  • Game nicks: Krewl_The_Urist_Fox
Always playing on VH/VH since I as a player have alot more intelligence then the AI, I can adapt, it cant, so it's much more challenging (and fun). Already finished campaign as Eastern Roman Empire on VH/VH without BYG and it just got too easy halfway in. The battles are still abit to easy on VH imho. If I really where a maschochist, I would play BYGV with gracul AI, now thats just too goddamn hard.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
This thread is funny coz I just started it some days ago, and its clearly a major mod for anyone wanting a REAL challenge on a total war campaign game; it clearly delivers, hopefully, coz the 5 minutes loading time at each turn suck balls.

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
    • View Profile
Does BYG give AI garison script? I forgot which mod does.

I've played a ton of TW games, my main problem with single player is the AI doesn't know how to garrison cities properly so mods that give cities some basic garrison are ++. Even STW2 copied this and you get castle garrison units.

So even if you give the AI a shitload of cheats, he will still be a dumbass moving his stacks outside city and leaving nobody inside. cCheating AI that's fine, I could still win for a while but it just gets tedious fighting wave after wave of cheat stacks, and all nations around you basically hating you by default. It removes a lot of the diplomatic and economic aspects from the game.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
Does BYG give AI garison script? I forgot which mod does.

I've played a ton of TW games, my main problem with single player is the AI doesn't know how to garrison cities properly so mods that give cities some basic garrison are ++. Even STW2 copied this and you get castle garrison units.

So even if you give the AI a shitload of cheats, he will still be a dumbass moving his stacks outside city and leaving nobody inside. cCheating AI that's fine, I could still win for a while but it just gets tedious fighting wave after wave of cheat stacks, and all nations around you basically hating you by default. It removes a lot of the diplomatic and economic aspects from the game.

In my campaign (no ai garison script but all BYG-5 IA activated), they perhaps misjudge some defenses (principally those who you can reach in a few turns with transport navy), but they man the borders accordingly and I still need to find a weakness in them. Even the poorest defended cities have at least 2/3 units or if they dont, they always have a medium to large army in a one turn radius of them.
They even man the interior of their country, so that if you break their border defenses, they often turn up with some army intercepting you.

Offline Cyber

• Count
  • Renown: 237
  • Infamy: 49
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Cyber
Re: Who else here plays Stainless Steel for Medieval II Total War Kingdoms?
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2012, 03:31:06 pm »
I mainly play medieval 2 campaign with only this mod, BYGs grim reality and on VH/VH, im not specially good at this game but just stomping everybody is really boring imo, with this i can sometimes lose myself aswell. Kingdoms or even SS is just too easy even on VH/VH, even though AI manages to mass more forces thanks to retarded battle AI almost every battle ends up as a heroic victory, would recommend it for anyone who haven't tryed it yet.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 03:47:40 pm by Cyber »

Offline Janis_Corp

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GK_Janis_Corp
We can Play if u want .if u See any members of my Clan assas u can ASK them too

Offline Zanze

• Earl
  • Renown: 366
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Raven_Zan
Heh. So I finally caved and reinstalled 6.4. I can't believe im still listed as a beta tester! ><

Oh wells. Back to doing the same things I always do... Sicilian Empire / Kievan World Domination.

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
    • View Profile
BTW if you haven't checked the Stainless Steel forum recently do so, they posted previews for 7.0, really nice looking.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=523256 pt.1
http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=527534 pt.2

Offline ThePoopy

• Earl
  • Renown: 411
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • .l..
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: PolePoop
+2