Author Topic: Fetih 1453 (Fall of Constantinople)  (Read 12873 times)

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Grandmaster Ultimate God Of Swashbucklin'
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridgeburners
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
  • IRC nick: Buff Swashbuckling
Re: Fetih 1453 (Fall of Constantinople)
« Reply #60 on: June 08, 2012, 02:19:10 am »
Uh... had a brainfart, I skipped most of the US and focused on Canada xd

I'll look into that when I get the time, thank you.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
The Narwhals, dedicated swashbuckler part of FCC

Stabbing is my speciality and one hitting people, my art

Offline Vingnir the Wanderer

• Knight
  • Renown: 50
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Snowhawk
  • Game nicks: Ving
« Reply #61 on: June 08, 2012, 03:02:39 am »
Its not common knowledge at all.  If I hadnt been tasked w/ the TW skins, I wouldnt have known those details myself.

But, The Canadians where far kinder to the natives, if its any consulation. i'm no expert, and consider myself lucky to have stumbled upon this, although, its all out there for those who care to pull back the facade, and see the real truth.

Offline Vingnir the Wanderer

• Knight
  • Renown: 50
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Snowhawk
  • Game nicks: Ving
« Reply #62 on: June 08, 2012, 05:44:53 am »
+4
Anyway, I'm glad the conversation turned a bit, and I'm glad people from both sides of the argument that was getting a bit nasty, have come forth and essentially agreed that mass murder and strife, can be called different things, but essentially should be recognized as basically the same thing, and avoided.

I think, we all have our foibles, but in the end, Playing games based on wars, rather than fighting real ones, and learning about each other, is really REALLY a step forward.

I honestly think its cool that there is a huge Turkish community here, interacting with a western one - We learn from one another, and as we find how much alike we are, and that we enjoy the same every-day stuff, we realize that we should all just be happy to have met. That was not likely or even possible 30 years ago.

My avatar to some is just Hergir from 13th warrior, but his interaction with Ibn Fhadlan, is one of the reasons I chose it proudly, and one of the reasons i loved that movie.

I know i'm being preachy, but, hey, its a good cause.  Watch that nationalism and pride stuff though, alot of it is romanticism, to make us feel better about where we came from, but with it comes the danger of not recognizing the ills of our fathers, and then to repeat it.  It made me sad to see you guys getting angry with each other.  Patience, we can do this, without fiction and rose colored glasses!

Man that was corny. F it!
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 11:56:57 am by Vingnir the Wanderer »

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #63 on: June 08, 2012, 02:53:18 pm »
Turks are offering forming a joined team of histroical researchers to find out what really happened in 1915 but Armenian government declines which means they hide something .They claim over 1 million armenians were killed while documants say there were only 400.000 armenians who forced to be exiled...

Without knowing more facts I can't judge this. Perhaps they refuse it because they fear the Turkish researchers would be biased and for example not publish all encounters they make or reinterpret hints they find and so on. You know what I mean.

So no , nor you or rest of the world can know turkish history better than a turk.

Just to give you an extreme example: in North Korea the people are told that the food rations which are regularly delivered by other nations are delivered out of respect and fear of North Korea. And people believe it.

It all depends on what information is accessible to you. Of course, North Korea which doesn't even have an internet access is an extreme example, but if most foreign information tells me something bad about my land/government, but most domestic information keep telling me it's not that bad as everyone claims, I will believe the foreign ones, because they have less motivation to... bend facts... of course the foreign information could be "enemy propaganda", but just ask yourself about the motivations, and things will be clear.
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Cicero

• Duke
  • Infamy: 418
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • scourge of god
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: BashiBazouks_Cicero
  • IRC nick: Cicero
« Reply #64 on: June 08, 2012, 11:32:20 pm »
Without knowing more facts I can't judge this. Perhaps they refuse it because they fear the Turkish researchers would be biased and for example not publish all encounters they make or reinterpret hints they find and so on. You know what I mean.

Just to give you an extreme example: in North Korea the people are told that the food rations which are regularly delivered by other nations are delivered out of respect and fear of North Korea. And people believe it.

It all depends on what information is accessible to you. Of course, North Korea which doesn't even have an internet access is an extreme example, but if most foreign information tells me something bad about my land/government, but most domestic information keep telling me it's not that bad as everyone claims, I will believe the foreign ones, because they have less motivation to... bend facts... of course the foreign information could be "enemy propaganda", but just ask yourself about the motivations, and things will be clear.
You are the most retarted person i've ever seen on internet.
Giving examples from north korea when talking about turkey and genocide totally logical

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #65 on: June 08, 2012, 11:40:24 pm »
+2
You are the most retarted person i've ever seen on internet.
Giving examples from north korea when talking about turkey and genocide totally logical

It's not illogical.  The two countries are COMPLETELY different, but the concept he is trying to convey, that governments give "spun" information to their citizens, is totally universal across all nations.  Not only nations, but corporations and even families do this.  It's a human condition.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 08, 2012, 11:46:09 pm »
Cicero poor intellegence
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Cicero

• Duke
  • scourge of god
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 08, 2012, 11:49:28 pm »
It's not illogical.  The two countries are COMPLETELY different, but the concept he is trying to convey, that governments give "spun" information to their citizens, is totally universal across all nations.  Not only nations, but corporations and even families do this.  It's a human condition.
Hey harun do we have a leader that we cry after his loss for weeks but then shout his heir's name for weeks ? I'm totally a nerd that not openning tv just looking to games please help me harun i missed something btw yesterday i mistakely broke communist propaganda symbol in my room , i hope goverment wont genocide my family =(

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 09, 2012, 01:19:50 am »
The idea is completely lost on this one.
* [ptx] facepalms

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 09, 2012, 11:10:39 am »
I am ashamed of him.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Cicero

• Duke
  • scourge of god
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 09, 2012, 12:50:06 pm »
I am ashamed of him.
This guy got a signature as quote from ABAY

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 09, 2012, 05:12:01 pm »
I am concerned of his mental health now
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Cicero

• Duke
  • scourge of god
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 09, 2012, 10:35:07 pm »
I am concerned of his mental health now
still not giving a single fuck

Offline Harafat

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Harafat_HRE
« Reply #73 on: June 11, 2012, 02:35:55 am »
Congrats one and all, you've just provided a perfect example why ALL religion, and national pride, is complete horseshit, and the primary cause of the murder and misery of millions, for generation after generation, millenia after millenia.

lol.  At least your only talking, and not stabbing/shooting/bombing each other....  :rolleyes:

Should all have a beer together and tell your governments and religious leaders to go jump off a cliff.

Sorry to interrupt, just trying to interject some sanity. 

One of these days maybe we will evolve, neither East or west should be bragging about shit, both sides should be ashamed of being nothing more than baboons with a long history of insularism, selfishness, and murderous intent.

Ah, but it is the curse of man, as we sit here, all playing a game pretending to murder each other with sharpened sticks.  As if glorious battles where anything more than organized murder.  As if cultures are anything more than a way to identify someone as an outsider, dehumanize them, and then treat them like shit.

Human pride, religion, nationalism,  its all just a sign that we've not got much further than 2 troops of baboons beating each other over the head with a thigh bone.

See ya on the killing fields, i'm guilty too.

I think i'm falling in love!

Offline Imloxion

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: imloxion
« Reply #74 on: July 11, 2012, 09:45:22 am »
Well,in a scale of 10 i would put a -3 to this movie,even as a parody there wouldnt be any chances of me laughing...