Author Topic: 1h Cav Build + Weapon Choices  (Read 613 times)

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deus_Mortis
1h Cav Build + Weapon Choices
« on: March 31, 2012, 04:26:45 pm »
When I finally level to 31 I'm going to retire from 2h and switch to 1h cav.

Now I got some ideas in my mind what weapons I will use but why not see what other's people think? So here I am doing this thread.

For a build I was thinking something around these 3:

(click to show/hide)

Unless someone else has a better build in mind.

My intent is to use a heavy horse with a 1h weapon and shield so keep that in mind.

For weaponry I was thinking on having a sword (Got long espada which imo is awesome with 31 piercing thrust at +3) trying to get a loomed elite cav shield and a 2nd weapon either blunt or pierce. (But I'm leaning more to blunt for the knockdown to aid people)

As a 2nd weapon I was thinking about the military hammer for the 80 length it has. (Still short but it's the longest non cut weapon)

Anyway what do you people suggest me doing as build and/or weapon choices.

Cheers.

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
Re: 1h Cav Build + Weapon Choices
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2012, 04:32:09 pm »
not enough STR.  5 riding is all you really need.  with only 5 or 6 PS you'll have to be at max speed + bump in order to 1shot anyone.  you'd have to hit tin cans 3 or or more times to kill them.

Get 7 PS and a real weapon like NCS/KAS/ACS and you'll 1shot people hitting them in the head at half speed or bump slash.  thrust attacks v infantry will only get you so far.  Its MUCH easier to land right swings and do bumps than it is to thrust attack and run them over.

military hammer is just a gimmick on horseback, doesnt do any more damage than the swords and you give up 20-25 reach.

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deus_Mortis
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2012, 04:46:20 pm »
I know 5 riding is enough for the heavy horses but I need speed to outrange the cav with lances and having 5 imo won't be enough.

I could try this maybe:

(click to show/hide)

I understand what your trying to say regarding these other swords I'll see what to do even though I really like the long espada. (While 30 cut is not that much at +3, it has high speed and length)

So you suggest me on having only a sword as weapon? I was thinking on having a pierce or blunt weapon for the tincans and/or if my horse dies and have to fight on the ground.

Thanks

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2012, 05:35:42 pm »
I've been doing pretty well with this build:

Strength: 15
Agility: 21

Ironflesh: 5
Power Strike: 5
Athletics: 6
Shield: 6
Riding: 7
One Handed: 111

I ride an arabian warhorse and I use a MW Italian, MW Broad 1-handed Battle Axe and a MW Military hammer.

With the maneuverability of the arabian, I have no problems hitting people with the axe. 38 cut to the head with speed bonus 1-shots a lot of people even with 5 ps. I like the military hammer on horseback mostly because it's funny. If I miss the horse bump I usually knock them down anyway. I'm sure with speed bonus I do more damage with my axe though. With 7 riding on an Arabian, I'm faster than any other horse on NA unless they're a horse xbowman or on a courser. Makes it easy to dodge the lancers. It also means I can get behind them easily and start cutting them up with my sword. Also with 6 athletics if I get dehorsed I'm perfectly fine on the ground.

If I was 1-handed on horseback and I had no looms I'd probably use a military cleaver. It's long enough and does 35 cut damage. Not too shabby.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2012, 07:39:14 pm »
5 riding is all you need.  remember that 90% of lancers are coursers which have terrible maneuvering, its not really hard to avoid them at all.  I get killed more often by ones that I DONT see coming than ones that chase me or I noticed TRYING to get me.

Sword is best weapon.  I've tried picks, blunts, Morningstar, etc..they really dont do anything special from horseback that sword cant do.  Sword is speed & reach plus tons of dmg for your speed.  Weapons arent any good if they cant reach the enemy.  The longer your reach the less danger to yourself and horse.

The cleaver weapons are decent starter weapon but not ideal since they lack thrust.  Its good for killing infantry and learning to do bump slashes, but you will be at a bid disadvantage fighting other cav without a thrust attack.  Shaska is a good starter weapon to, or when you have bad multi

If you have 7 PS and high dmg sword, no need for a backup/ground weapon of any kind.  In fact I carry throwing axes/javs & daggers with me to threaten other horseman and pikers that think they're safe from me.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 07:41:37 pm by Digglez »