Author Topic: nerf horse xbow my old friends  (Read 5547 times)

Offline Lichen

• Count
  • Renown: 184
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: nerf horse xbow my old friends
« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2012, 07:22:22 pm »
+1
6 Horse Crossbowmen on one team running the clock down to 10 seconds every round.
Yet the other team still can't adapt after that happening every round. Smart players would've changed tactics by then to prevent that. What are the lancers, archers,crossbowmen and throwers doing? Going after infantry for easy kills is my bet. And that's why they lose.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 07:25:42 pm by Lichen »

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2012, 07:28:21 pm »
+1
Yet the other team still can't adapt after that happening every round. Smart players would've changed tactics by then to prevent that.

This.

Archers and xbowmen can probably focus them down easily if they would choose to adapt.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Penguin

• Duke
  • Renown: 670
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player
  • JesusChrist
    • View Profile
  • Faction: [A]rrows Incoming!
  • Game nicks: [Y]Retreat!
« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2012, 07:39:41 pm »
Strength crutchers and 2H spammers get countered, meanwhile shielders, agi characters, pikemen, and good archers have no problem dealing with horse crossbowmen. The only people really complaining about horse xbow are the ones who try and chase them down on foot and end up dying. One good archer or xbowman can counter 2-3 HC's by just being there. I know I've been in plenty of situations where I've forced a couple HC's to circle around the entire group and stay at a good distance while my team fights.

Anyways here are some tips to dealing with HC's without having to sacrifice strategy:

-Shoot the horse; HC's are always going to be incredibly fast riders (Release_Arrows the exception...) and they are difficult targets at full speed. Once you down their horses, HC's are pretty much already dead.

-Don't chase; There is no reason to chase a HC unless you are horseback and certain that your horse is faster, you will not catch them

-Direct your archers to focus down HC's; often times in battle I see archers completely ignoring them, you always want HC's to be under some kind of fire, there is nothing they love more than inattentive archers

"As you gaze upon the cross, and long for conformity to him, be not weary or fearful because you cannot express in words what you seek. Ask him to plant the cross in your heart. Believe in him, the crucified and now living one, to dwell within you, and breathe his own mind there."

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2012, 08:05:09 pm »
Archers and xbows on foot rarely focus on horse crossbow or horse archers.  And generally when the horse xbow is the last one alive your team's archers and xbow are dead.  So you can try to get your team to hide until flags spawn, or if you have an idiot or two in the bunch dying, just hope that they are dying far enough apart where motf spawns.

Really this whole thing would be a non-issue if MotF just spawned every time the round was down to 1:30 left (or some other number).
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #49 on: March 01, 2012, 08:09:05 pm »
+2
Strength crutchers and 2H spammers get countered, meanwhile shielders, agi characters, pikemen, and good archers have no problem dealing with horse crossbowmen.

Sure about that bolded part?
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #50 on: March 01, 2012, 08:19:22 pm »
+1
Wear modern clothes, go find a horse, see if a horse charge at you at "Full" speed see if you will be disabled afterward IRL
Congratz on winning the "retarded post of the year" AND "I no read what i quote" awards. "Makes perfect sense from realism standpoint, but its retarded balance wise."
Also, I've seen a guy with a destrier and a shield (no armor, no weapon (no kick poll :(. ) with a balanced K/D, due to magic eternal shield hitbox I was bumbed down about 90% of my health each round by this guy, those 90% were also from three fucking bumps. I wore a heavy kuyak,no IF, 21STR, is that fucking balance to you?

Please note I'm a cav, a jarrid throwing cav, whenever I'm not cav I'm going with my throwing-melee fighting style on EU_3...
...holy fuck, I can't believe I'm agreeing with Leshma and even defending her/him...
...my brain must be fucked up...
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Penguin

• Duke
  • Renown: 670
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player
  • JesusChrist
    • View Profile
  • Faction: [A]rrows Incoming!
  • Game nicks: [Y]Retreat!
« Reply #51 on: March 01, 2012, 08:23:02 pm »
Sure about that bolded part?

Should have clarified.

Most good pikemen/shielders/agis will have no problem. Peasant tactics will not always prevail.  :mrgreen:
"As you gaze upon the cross, and long for conformity to him, be not weary or fearful because you cannot express in words what you seek. Ask him to plant the cross in your heart. Believe in him, the crucified and now living one, to dwell within you, and breathe his own mind there."

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
    • mod :D
  • Game nicks: LC
« Reply #52 on: March 01, 2012, 08:24:30 pm »

Also, I've seen a guy with a destrier and a shield (no armor, no weapon (no kick poll :(. ) with a balanced K/D, due to magic eternal shield hitbox I was bumbed down about 90% of my health each round by this guy, those 90% were also from three fucking bumps. I wore a heavy kuyak,no IF, 21STR, is that fucking balance to you?

I do not believe on what you are saying, make a video on that before saying any more crap on this matters bullshitter

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #53 on: March 01, 2012, 08:35:39 pm »
Should have clarified.

Most good pikemen/shielders/agis will have no problem. Peasant tactics will not always prevail.  :mrgreen:

HC will stay out of reach when facing pikemen and agility builds, shooting them with no chance for them to retaliate. Only cover may help them. Shielder, well, since bumping deals tons of damage it favours HC there too. Ride with crossbow ready at full speed, shoot + bump if he take his shield down to attack, only bump if he doesn't. Rinse and repeat.

Only other ranged can take out a good HC, but I don't mind that.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline EyeBeat

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 175
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 20th BEST PLAYER IN HOSPITALLER
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: EyeBeat_The_Wanderer
  • IRC nick: EyeBeat
« Reply #54 on: March 01, 2012, 09:11:58 pm »
Kicking and warning fisters usually works, always does for me. I quoted a specific part of his post, not the whole thing. What exactly is your problem?

Yeah supposedly this is a valid class now and I got a lot of grief from everyone on the server when I kicked the people that were spawning naked with only gloves on.

Wear modern clothes, go find a horse, see if a horse charge at you at "Full" speed see if you will be disabled afterward IRL

In this respect...  If the said horse was going full speed and the horse died from range and tumbled down AT FULL SPEED.  Wouldn't the rider take a lot of damage as well?

For some reason this is not coded in the game.  It should though.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 09:13:31 pm by EyeBeat »

Being a smallish community doesn't entitle you to act more like a dick than other communities.

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 01, 2012, 09:14:37 pm »
I do not believe on what you are saying, make a video on that before saying any more crap on this matters bullshitter
Fuck you, make a video of a horse charging you down IRL at full speed before saying any more crap on this matter, you bullshitter.
Fact is, either I was wearing my kuyak on my main OR I was on my alt NCB with tincan armor all the way but only with 16STR and 5IF...
What'd you rather have as the truth? (BTW: I think I was on NCB due to eventually breaking his shield which would never happen without a morningstar...)
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
    • mod :D
  • Game nicks: LC
« Reply #56 on: March 01, 2012, 09:18:47 pm »
Fuck you, make a video of a horse charging you down IRL at full speed before saying any more crap on this matter, you bullshitter.

You were copying what i said copy cat

Fact is, either I was wearing my kuyak on my main OR I was on my alt NCB with tincan armor all the way but only with 16STR and 5IF...
What'd you rather have as the truth? (BTW: I think I was on NCB due to eventually breaking his shield which would never happen without a morningstar...)

there is no way if you wear a heavy kuyak a horse bump will make you lose 90% of hp. thats just bullshit.  Want to see real people getting bump IRL? Search it in google you will see, in documen...reality...... you might as well getting bump by a 13 riding player.

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 01, 2012, 09:25:46 pm »

You were copying what i said copy cat

there is no way if you wear a heavy kuyak a horse bump will make you lose 90% of hp. thats just bullshit.  Want to see real people getting bump IRL? Search it in google you will see, in documen...reality...... you might as well getting bump by a 13 riding player.
I said it took THREE bumps from a destrier, sure the guy went far away in order to charge back at full speed, but still, this shit is too retarded with the invinci-shields.
Also, I didn't want to see PEOPLE getting bumped IRL, I wanted to see YOU and your retarded "video or it didn't happen" argument getting bumped IRL.

Offline Zanze

• Earl
  • Renown: 366
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
  • Game nicks: Raven_Zan
« Reply #58 on: March 01, 2012, 09:51:55 pm »
Nerfing the item will still only remove half the horse crossbows. The rest are simply trolling. No point for a single horse crossbow to run around shooting for 2 minutes when he is alone versus 21 people.

Offline Dravic

• Knight
  • Renown: 78
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Not playing
  • Game nicks: Not playing
  • IRC nick: Most likely Dravic
« Reply #59 on: March 01, 2012, 10:09:07 pm »
Kicking and warning fisters usually works, always does for me. I quoted a specific part of his post, not the whole thing. What exactly is your problem?

Umm, sorry. Forgot it's still only internet.

I meant, that guy complaining about rule-breakers while being admin was a fail - fail big enough to require facepalm.

I've got nothing to you, Tears.

Did I already say I love your avatar?