Author Topic: nerf horse xbow my old friends  (Read 5505 times)

Offline Dravic

• Knight
  • Renown: 78
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Not playing
  • Game nicks: Not playing
  • IRC nick: Most likely Dravic
Re: nerf horse xbow my old friends
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2012, 05:13:58 pm »
+2
Maybe add a rule that if they are last they have to dismount? Like the way archers had to jump off roof pre-ladder removal.

No.

Add some kind of new way for the flag to appear. If the flag appears when there are (like Leshma said) 10% of one of teams left - it will be completely fair and "get-off forcing".

That fixes CHANCES for DELAYING by HC or HAs, but, compared to whatever else you can think of, won't nerf any of those.

And it shouldn't nerf them.

Because apart of ability to delay if in such a mood, HC are completely OK and balanced.

Offline Nasturtium

• Count
  • Renown: 203
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2012, 05:15:06 pm »
People are only doing Horse Crossbow as a gimmick because ROHYPNOL has been wrecking people as one for a couple weeks (but he is amazing at all cavalry so you can't say it's OP just because he does well with it). The only problem is that there are 5-10 Horse Crossbow on each team which isn't that fun as melee but the gimmick will pass soon.

So either take a break and play on siege for a week or do what I did and respec to HC and have fun delaying every round and making people rage.

I have mad respect for ROH, but he never really wins the round, it ends up being him vs 5-10 poor sweaty infantry until he runs out of bolts. I really wish there was some kind of last player gimmick in crpg, like if you dont get a kill in 30 seconds you start beeping and explode. It works great in other games.

Offline Dravic

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2012, 05:23:58 pm »
It works great in other games.

Pics or it didn't happen.

Also, consider this:

Warband is different game.

Offline Uumdi

• Duke
  • Renown: 651
  • Infamy: 59
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Ready to Die
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Uumdi_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: Uumdi
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2012, 05:37:55 pm »
+1
Its been a thing for a long time.  Rohypnol's success definitely revived its popularity as a "troll build", and I wouldn't say its OP at all.  The one problem it faces is that you only need 7 str, and can amass 10 riding skill, paired with an arabian warhorse or a courser is frustrating to deal with for most people.

I don't think it needs to be changed.  They can start shooting from a rouncey at level 9 for full piercing damage, while a regular horse archer can't really accomplish much of any damage until his 20's.  We have to understand though, that they're crippled by the slow reload, and pretty much any... ability... to do anything else.  Horse archers are forced into balanced builds - If xbow were forced into a more balanced build, people might complain less, but please god don't ever make the light crossbow require 12-15 STR.

Like Meow said earlier, pick em off, they have 42 hp at level 30, and usually light armor.  Not only do they get the velocity dmg bonus, but you do too when they're coming in your direction.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 05:39:42 pm by Uumdi »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Ten shots of prayers, ten shots a day
A shot of thrill to hide the pain.
They can`t win, they just don`t cry,
The troopers know they live to die.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2012, 05:42:47 pm »
The only slight problem is the bump damage you get from courser with 10 riding.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Dravic

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2012, 06:46:47 pm »
Sure, good idea. Nerf riding now.

I also suggest some more balance-wise changes, like removing agility, athletics, blocking, moving... That kind of things.

Let us finally right swing 1 hit people without having that boring need to move... or block... Really. Stupid things need to be removed or nerfed.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2012, 06:49:55 pm »
+1
Also half my team is running around with no weapons and trying to get kills by punching people.

As an Admin, you can fix this exact problem rather easily.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Dravic

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2012, 06:53:14 pm »
As an Admin, you can fix this exact problem rather easily.

When every fucking facepalm on the internet is not enough...

... use standard one, because every facepalm is always same facepalm.

<facepalm>

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2012, 06:57:16 pm »
+4
No need to nerf.  It's a pretty shitty class to play in terms of effectiveness.  The only problem is It's Annoying.

How do we solve this?  Just wait a couple mins for the round to end for flags to pop.  That's it.  Just wait a couple mins.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2012, 06:59:48 pm »
+1
When every fucking facepalm on the internet is not enough...

... use standard one, because every facepalm is always same facepalm.

<facepalm>

Kicking and warning fisters usually works, always does for me. I quoted a specific part of his post, not the whole thing. What exactly is your problem?
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2012, 07:03:59 pm »
No need to nerf.  It's a pretty shitty class to play in terms of effectiveness.  The only problem is It's Annoying.

How do we solve this?  Just wait a couple mins for the round to end for flags to pop.  That's it.  Just wait a couple mins.

Unless they keep killing 1 person every 30 seconds then MotF won't spawn...the bigger issue is that flags need to spawn every single round when it gets to a certain time.

Also tears, they made pugilists/boxers into a "valid" melee class...I think it's retarded...but that's a pretty typical response when there's a decision made in crpg.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2012, 07:05:51 pm »
Also tears, they made pugilists/boxers into a "valid" melee class...I think it's retarded...but that's a pretty typical response when there's a decision made in crpg.

My thread petition to pass that worked?  :lol:

Ah, beautiful.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1853
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2012, 07:09:08 pm »
Sure, good idea. Nerf riding now.

Riding speed and maneuver are fine, horse bump was never fine. It used to be only way for certain individuals to gain kills and feel good about themselves, then chadz fixed that. It was really balanced during that period (almost non existent bump damage even from champion elephant) then chadz decided to buff bump damage. Big mistake!

It's pain in the ass to play in light gear with current bump damage values. Even if you have a lot of body armor, heavy horse in full speed can chop of nearly 30% of your HP in one go. Makes perfect sense from realism standpoint, but its retarded balance wise.

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
    • mod :D
  • Game nicks: LC
« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2012, 07:15:24 pm »
It's pain in the ass to play in light gear with current bump damage values. Even if you have a lot of body armor, heavy horse in full speed can chop of nearly 30% of your HP in one go. Makes perfect sense from realism standpoint, but its retarded balance wise.

Wear modern clothes, go find a horse, see if a horse charge at you at "Full" speed see if you will be disabled afterward IRL

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2012, 07:21:32 pm »
My thread petition to pass that worked?  :lol:

Ah, beautiful.

I'm assuming it must have since they made some heavier gloves do more damage, and I've seen people running around with said gloves and no other weapons and not get kicked from servers. 
 - Stolen from Macropussy