Author Topic: nerf horse xbow my old friends  (Read 5510 times)

Offline Ad1no

• Count
  • Renown: 165
  • Infamy: 284
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Of The Codex
  • Game nicks: The_Sosarian_Knight
  • IRC nick: Sosarian
nerf horse xbow my old friends
« on: March 01, 2012, 07:06:38 am »
asap
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 11:54:09 pm by Kalam »

Offline KillerofFlowers

• Baron
  • Renown: 122
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lost Legion
  • Game nicks: LL_Emperor_KillerofFlowers
  • IRC nick: KillerofFlowers
Re: nerf horse xbow my old friends
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 07:08:43 am »
they should deff reload a lot slower due to the fact that it would take a lot of strength to reload an xbow on a horse. Correct me if im wrong but im pretty sure why that's y they would put it on the ground to reload it...

Offline Dravic

• Knight
  • Renown: 78
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Not playing
  • Game nicks: Not playing
  • IRC nick: Most likely Dravic
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 07:15:54 am »
+1
Do not nerf HC!

It's proper counter to HA's and enemy cavalry...

Thing is, HCs have their downsides as opposed to HAs ALREADY, do not nerf them further!

Offline Macbeth3

• Earl
  • Renown: 379
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Meow? :3
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macbeth_Plisskin_TheCat Mordecai_Heller_TheCat
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 10:18:32 am »
they should deff reload a lot slower due to the fact that it would take a lot of strength to reload an xbow on a horse. Correct me if im wrong but im pretty sure why that's y they would put it on the ground to reload it...

To me, this is a valid opinion, and would definatly be the case in real life. Sadly this is a game so... in my personal opinion, I think horse-xbowers are fine.

First of all, they are very slow to begin with. They ofcourse already suffer the same penalties that archers do while on horseback. Also know that the "strongest" crossbow available for people on horseback(in order for them to reload on them) is the light crossbow. It's definatly not a "very" powerfull crossbow to begin with. If you compare them to archers wich can use a horn bow or Yumi on horseback, and wich have a fire-rate of rougly 5 times of a Horse Xbower.
*Meow* I'm a Cat.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline EyeBeat

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 175
  • 20th BEST PLAYER IN HOSPITALLER
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: EyeBeat_The_Wanderer
  • IRC nick: EyeBeat
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2012, 10:49:37 am »
+1
I am thinking about taking a long break from CRPG till this shit gets nerfed or taken out. 

Also half my team is running around with no weapons and trying to get kills by punching people.

6 Horse Crossbowmen on one team running the clock down to 10 seconds every round.

It is getting ridiculous.  Let me know when you make crpg more fun.

Being a smallish community doesn't entitle you to act more like a dick than other communities.

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Grandmaster Ultimate God Of Swashbucklin'
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridgeburners
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
  • IRC nick: Buff Swashbuckling
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2012, 10:50:51 am »
+2
Thats what siege is for, no horse xbow there.
The Narwhals, dedicated swashbuckler part of FCC

Stabbing is my speciality and one hitting people, my art

Offline Kivlov

• Knight
  • Renown: 27
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tungsten_HATS
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2012, 11:20:58 am »
Do not nerf HC!

It's proper counter to HA's and enemy cavalry...

Thing is, HCs have their downsides as opposed to HAs ALREADY, do not nerf them further!
The downsides being....?

Highly accurate weapon? Check
Pierce Damage? Check
Ability to get 5 HA and 10 Riding? Check
Low upkeep? Check
Relatively fast firing speed? Check

Bows are far less accurate than the crossbow on horseback, especially so when you can get another HA if you go 7-30 pure horse xbow. Most rounds on NA1 are delayed far longer than they need to be by horse crossbows riding around like mouth breathers. If their horse gets killed out from under them, they drop their xbow and start punching people. If they can't afford a horse (STF), they stand around spamming whistle until they get one called over to them.

It really is silly and not fun to play against or wait in spectator for 2-3 minutes for the last couple retards to just die when your team is losing 24-2.
HATS CLAN
meow

Offline rude

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 4
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Rudecael; Shauna
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2012, 11:49:17 am »
defend your ranged

Offline buba

• Count
  • Renown: 193
  • Infamy: 33
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Buba_theVagabond
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2012, 11:58:39 am »
+3
I was playing on the NA server this morning and was suprised about the amount of HC compared to the EU server (wich has 1 maybe 2 at most).
I was suprised becouse i played as a HC aswell a few gens ago and stopped becouse it sucked so much compared to other options you have, but thats my opinion.
I dont think HC are OP, and they are not a good counter to HA really.
I mean i can shoot 5 to 6 arrows while the is HC reloading, and their dmg is not very good.

I think what you got here is 1, there are to many HC on one server, and 2 the attitude or sportmenship of some of the HC's is questionable (delaying and such).
So i think do not hate on the class, but more some of the players behind the class.

And to the OP, if you have to complain about something, or adress a problem, dont open a post with: nerf horse xbow my old friends!1!!1 lulz bullshit.
Makes you look like whining crying 10 year old.

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
    • mod :D
  • Game nicks: LC
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2012, 12:04:07 pm »
I don't think this will work because if they nerf the light-x bow then the light xbow will become much useless than other x-bow. Which means other x-bow will have to nerf as well. Then because after the nerf, the HA are much stronger than x-bow horseman. So the dev will have to nerf the bows. Then because arbalest no longer can shoot through some shields so the dev buff the xbow again. Then because horses are OP so they nerf the horses. Then now all horse can get 1 hitted if you hit right in the head. Then the dev buff the horse again with 5hp or 10 hp. Now because the bump is ridiculous so horse bump will do no damage when shield is raise, then because the pole stagger from polearm is ridiculous too so they remove it. Then 2 handed users has become the most powerful class in CRPG because most of the dev play as infantry (2 handed, cheap for upkeep and it has the best lol stab.  Solution: Nerf all class, happy?

Well if you don't play as x-bow please just shut it because if you really think they are OP why don't you play as that class before complaining it? All the time itÂ’s like infantry complaining about ranged and infantry complaining CAV and CAV complaining about archers. How would you feel if your class keep getting nerf? I rarely see people want to complain about their class because everyone wants advantage to their class, is that so?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 12:05:57 pm by AlexTheDragon »

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2012, 12:04:48 pm »
+1
Another NA only problem, just like the bec was
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Slamz

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Norse Horde
  • Game nicks: NH_Slamz
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2012, 12:12:38 pm »
+1
I could go on about this topic for a while but I think the short answer is this:

Slap a "cannot reload on horseback" tag onto the Light Crossbow.

Want to be a horse xbowman?  Fine.  Enjoy your Hunting Crossbow.  That's a sizable step down in damage from the Light Crossbow and I suspect a lot of existing horse xbowmen would reconsider their decisions if they had to use it.  This would have no impact on foot xbowmen, which I don't think are a problem.

Horse archers I don't think are quite as bad of a problem for various reasons, probably the greatest of which is it requires a lot more points be invested in order to be remotely viable.
Crush your enemies; see them driven before you; hear the lamentations of their women.
Norse Horde

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2012, 12:13:20 pm »

Out of the 10 rounds I played on the CHN server when the NA ones went down, I think 8 of them ended with 1 horse crossbow rolling around, shooting pikemen haha
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Kivlov

• Knight
  • Renown: 27
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tungsten_HATS
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2012, 12:16:46 pm »
Kind of like the Arabian being an EU problem? Nobody rode it on NA and now it's 7 riding. That drastic of a change seems to me to be a result of a few players doing really well with it on EU.

The prevelence of HC on NA is mostly due to ROHYPNOL riding around with x3 everything and doing well with it. Before he went xbow, there was amatsuka and release arrows and neither are particularily good at it. Everyone is trying to emulate ROH but lack the heirlooms and the understanding of how projectiles are released while moving to do it as well. However in contrast to that, now that there are 6+ of them on a team, their lack of skill is overcome by sheer numbers.
HATS CLAN
meow

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
    • mod :D
  • Game nicks: LC
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2012, 12:18:41 pm »
Want to be a horse xbowman?  Fine.  Enjoy your Hunting Crossbow.

People who has +3 Light xbow will rage