Author Topic: New Market Rule  (Read 76740 times)

Offline isatis

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ink+water showing their true potential!
    • View Profile
    • le Clan des Cochons!
  • Faction: Le clan des Cochons!!
  • Game nicks: Cochon_Furtif_Isatis
  • IRC nick: Isatis
Re: New Market Rule
« Reply #90 on: March 03, 2012, 02:25:58 am »
lol... snap!
So the new response to ranged ragers is not "get a shield", it is "learn to chamber ranged nub!"
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #91 on: March 03, 2012, 01:16:16 pm »
yep, viewing existing offers shows you a denominator *golfclap*, it DOES NOT however show up when you are typing in YOUR offer amount...exactly when it would be the MOST useful in preventing careless mistakes and make it so admins dont HAVE to do any of this nanny work in the first place.  Its pretty advance programming, like those forms that auto insert -'s when you type in a phone number
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 01:24:03 pm by Digglez »

Offline Kherr

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Kherr
« Reply #92 on: March 03, 2012, 01:34:57 pm »
Imho a common sense solution is good. cRPG has got a small, but stable playerbase and the developers, admins and equus africanus asinuss do a really great job. Of course you can make a technical solution for a lot of problems. But you need time to think about a technical solution and the implementation. Then the developers have to do that in their spare time. Of couse a simple message box "Do you really want that" is easy to implement, but something like an average price is not.
I dont like the idea to force technical solutions for a team who works for free.

Edit:
the forum converts d_o_n_k_e_y (without _) to equus africanus asinuss... LOL
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 01:36:36 pm by Kherr »

Offline Wraist

• Knight
  • Renown: 44
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 04, 2012, 01:40:14 am »
yep, viewing existing offers shows you a denominator *golfclap*, it DOES NOT however show up when you are typing in YOUR offer amount...exactly when it would be the MOST useful in preventing careless mistakes and make it so admins dont HAVE to do any of this nanny work in the first place.  Its pretty advance programming, like those forms that auto insert -'s when you type in a phone number

Highlighting works fine.

Offline TurmoilTom

• King
  • Renown: 1089
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Doesn't really play that much anymore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
« Reply #94 on: March 04, 2012, 03:51:59 am »
+2
the forum converts d_o_n_k_e_y (without _) to equus africanus asinuss... LOL

donkey donkey donkey donkey donkey

Offline Haze_The_Hobo

• Baron
  • Renown: 139
  • Infamy: 296
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pantheon
  • Game nicks: Pantheon_Haze_The_Hobo Haze_Ze_PewPew
« Reply #95 on: March 04, 2012, 09:07:52 am »
In my opinion, if you can't calculate, go back to school and learn mathematics.
How hard is it to count if there is 3, 4, 5 or 6 zeros?

p.s. You should focus on fixing that annyoing marketplace bug, where it shows me 1,000,000 +1 as cheapest in that category, almost got scammed there!!
(jk)
 :mrgreen: :D
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 09:26:03 am by Von_Hazaa »

Offline Kherr

• Noble
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 04, 2012, 10:21:14 am »
« Last Edit: Today at 10:26:03 by Von_Hazaa »
How hard is it to read your text before you post? That's not meant as an insult, but as example that people make mistakes and there should be the possibility to fix it.
Some buyer of misoffered items had more than luck. They systematically crawled technically the market.
If you take a look around you will see that the law in real life takes account of such things. In cRPG it's often Wild West.

Offline Haze_The_Hobo

• Baron
  • Renown: 139
  • Infamy: 296
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pantheon
  • Game nicks: Pantheon_Haze_The_Hobo Haze_Ze_PewPew
« Reply #97 on: March 04, 2012, 10:37:15 am »
How hard is it to read your text before you post? That's not meant as an insult, but as example that people make mistakes and there should be the possibility to fix it.
Some buyer of misoffered items had more than luck. They systematically crawled technically the market.
If you take a look around you will see that the law in real life takes account of such things. In cRPG it's often Wild West.

How hard is it for a person to realize what means p.s.? POST SCRIPTUM, MEANS IT WAS ADDED AFTER ORIGINAL POST.

Thanks bye mmkay.

p.s. If you wanna talk about laws: in my country if i go shopping and see item underpriced, law orders the place to sell it to me with the price i saw, even if it was 10x lower than they wanted to.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 10:59:04 am by Von_Hazaa »

Offline Kherr

• Noble
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 04, 2012, 10:59:26 am »
How hard is it for a person to realize what means p.s.? POST SCRIPTUM, MEANS IT WAS ADDED AFTER ORIGINAL POST.
Where does p.s. comes from? In a hand- or typewritten text it was not possible to edit the text afterwards. So they used p.s. to say something additionally which the editor forgot.
I did not know the cause of your edit. But again... it was not meant as an insult.

p.s. You caps lock is defect

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #99 on: March 05, 2012, 10:39:45 am »
From now on, exploiting other players' mistakes on the market will be against the rules.

This means that if you find offers that are obvious mistakes you must return those item/gold to the original owner without any personal gain.
You can buy the item and instantly contact the owner so no one else can grab it or you just PM him and make him aware of his mistake.

If you instead decide to keep the stuff or try to get some extra money out of it, we will forcefully return those items/gold and make sure there is a proper punishment.

We had to put this rule in place since lately some players decided that their own gain is more important than the community and we will make sure they change their mind about that.
Players quit over such mistakes and this will not happen anymore.

There is no way we can return items that were lost this way before since there was no rule against it.
Now there is.
So if you get into trouble on the market because you entered some wrong numbers, be assured from now on you will get your stuff back.

If your "trade partner" is not cooperative according to this rule - contact us.

This only goes for obvious mistakes, some examples:
  • Selling heirlooms for a fraction of their actual value. (e.g. selling a +3 item for 1/1500/15000/150000 gold and similar deals)
  • Offering a multitude of their value in gold. (e.g. offering 3 million gold for a +1 Item)
  • Offering a +3 item for a +0 +1 item without requesting extra gold.

As always - common sense applies, cases that fall under this rule will be obvious to everyone.

Do not try to abuse this to revert trades because you could have gotten a better one some minutes later or to get temporary money to do other deals, it will be completely obvious to us.

I once sold my Mw katana for 650k because a market / heirlooming selling veteran "fooled" me, I don't want to say his name because he might get angry :P But He said that he would buy my mw katana for 650k, which he convinced me was a good price, he went afk and i put up and offer for mw katana for 650k and then it was bought 4 min later. The guy who "fooled" me did not buy it but another guy did, and when I said i wanted to buy it back since I did a "BIG" mistake he said he wanted 1.2 mill for it  :|

I now got a mw katana which i have loomed myself and bought looms for, but just wondering if i could get some compensation from whoever etc. When I said it was a mistake he was beeing a real asshat and he even TK'd me at spawn once for "whining" about my mistak.

I'm just saying this because I thought I should say it :D I have gotten a mw katana back but I had to buy 2 looms for it and loom it myself, I lost some looms on this. And when I lost my mw katana which i had used all my crpg time to loom i felt like ".....pfffff" It is quite some time since this happened but, meh. I still got the messages from the market.

P.S I dont realy care if you choose to ignore this, sicne its quite some time back, and I just thought i might tell :P
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 10:40:56 am by IR_Kuoin »

Offline Old_Sir_Agor

• Baron
  • Renown: 85
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: DenBitre_Sir_Agor
« Reply #100 on: March 05, 2012, 12:02:07 pm »
all what i can say about it kuoin, you nOOB )) hehehe
shooting at people from a reachable place as last man standing is not delaying. Even if you're on the other side of the map.

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 05, 2012, 01:54:14 pm »
all what i can say about it kuoin, you nOOB )) hehehe
:cry:

Offline Old_Sir_Agor

• Baron
  • Renown: 85
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: DenBitre_Sir_Agor
« Reply #102 on: March 05, 2012, 02:02:41 pm »
shooting at people from a reachable place as last man standing is not delaying. Even if you're on the other side of the map.

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 05, 2012, 05:31:34 pm »
will you come back in game btw?

Maybe... when I'm tired of my other games :D

Offline Zanze

• Earl
  • Renown: 366
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
  • Game nicks: Raven_Zan
« Reply #104 on: March 05, 2012, 06:42:47 pm »
If it happened before the rule was made, you are screwed. Someone using a script bought my +3 mail mittens during a loom pt trade the day before rule came up. Person refused to return it, admins weren't allowed to help. : /
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 07:12:05 pm by Zanze »