Author Topic: New Market Rule  (Read 76328 times)

Offline Cosmos_Shielder

• Baron
  • Renown: 137
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player
  • French Connection Leader
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pecores
  • Game nicks: Roland De Gilead
Re: New Market Rule
« Reply #60 on: February 25, 2012, 02:35:22 pm »
Usually i'm with the devs decision, as they usually have a taste for common sense. But i think this is really a bad idea, as you're directly getting into players interaction and their rights (even the right to make mistakes).

A game without mistakes is not a game. If you make a mistake and you're able to get back before you made the mistake. Where is the game? Even more for a multiplayer game ...

I'm ok with making messages of confirmation about "bad offers" in the market before making them (p.e. 2 times question: "are you sure? this seems to be a bad idea." You go ok, then second question: "Are you sure? This seems like a wrong offer?" then you go ok, the offer is up in the market), but direct "go back" manipulations are not and should not be fair.

Too much direct manipulation from devs in this case.

PD: i've never exploited someone's mistake in the market.
Yes we can also add the formula of the (averageof k lowest offer)*0.60 to warn people when they try to sell.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2137
  • Infamy: 1519
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 25, 2012, 02:48:54 pm »
+3
We wanted a way to exchange our loomed items. Marketplace happened. People got ripped off. I'm pretty sure we didn't want that to happen.

We just wanted to exchange looms.

Offline PanPan

• Baron
  • Renown: 98
  • Infamy: 70
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 25, 2012, 03:10:31 pm »
+1
fuck that shit I did 2 fail trades and lost all my looms -.- And now this why didn't that was implented before :(

Offline zottlmarsch

• King
  • Renown: 1114
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems (Founder)
  • Game nicks: Eberhart & Juta von Krems
  • IRC nick: Dan
« Reply #63 on: February 25, 2012, 03:53:04 pm »
if you honestly can't realize the price or offer you want for an item before you press the confirmation button then in all fairness tough luck. This isn't noob friendly jacko....it's stupid friendly.

This is true, I've done 100's of trades on the market and never made a  mistake, simply because I check the numbers before I add the trade. Is that really so hard to do?? I'm sorry but if you can't tell the difference between a 6 figure number and a 7 figure number you should really be spending less time playing computer games and more time learning basic mathematics.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 03:54:08 pm by zottlmarsch »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 61
  • Infamy: 1081
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 25, 2012, 03:57:00 pm »
+2
I made my mistake at 3 AM lol. Item went after one minute or so. Of course it was NA player, who else could be....

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 25, 2012, 04:08:06 pm »
I think the main target of this rule is people that run scripts that automatically buy the fail offers, not the real marketplace sharks that actually know something about the value of things.

Offline Chris_P_Bacon

• Count
  • Renown: 195
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • I'm a pig.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Ser_Chris_P_Bacon_Astralis, an_angry_piglet, A_Canadian_Seal_Clubber_Eh
« Reply #66 on: February 25, 2012, 04:20:40 pm »
I made my mistake at 3 AM lol. Item went after one minute or so. Of course it was NA player, who else could be....
Well it could be an EU.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #67 on: February 25, 2012, 04:59:08 pm »
We wanted a way to exchange our loomed items. Marketplace happened. People got ripped off. I'm pretty sure we didn't want that to happen.

This is basically what I wanted to post, word for word.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 25, 2012, 07:30:29 pm »
Usually i'm with the devs decision, as they usually have a taste for common sense. But i think this is really a bad idea, as you're directly getting into players interaction and their rights (even the right to make mistakes).

A game without mistakes is not a game. If you make a mistake and you're able to get back before you made the mistake. Where is the game? Even more for a multiplayer game ...
This post wasn't first in line at the making sense department.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #69 on: February 25, 2012, 07:38:15 pm »

Indeed my friend.

Down with the market exploiters!

For great justice.

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Corwin

• Earl
  • Renown: 499
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Corwin_the_Lazy
« Reply #70 on: February 25, 2012, 08:06:16 pm »
I would like to suggest another rule.

Introduce a time limit for filing complaints for this sort of things, for example one week or one month. Because we have inflation on our hands, and market value of items is not a constant. So, it is possible to imagine that someone complains that he has been cheated because after the patch/several nerfs or buffs, MW Shashka is worth now 2000k, and he sold it for 900k.
Anyway, I suppose this is covered with common sense rule, but I think it wouldn't hurt.
I mean, what have you got to lose? You know, you come from nothing, you're going back to nothing, what have you lost? Nothing!

Offline Cosmos_Shielder

• Baron
  • Renown: 137
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player
  • French Connection Leader
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pecores
  • Game nicks: Roland De Gilead
« Reply #71 on: February 25, 2012, 08:39:53 pm »
Corwin we are speaking about people writting 150k instead of 1500k
Its not about complaining because someone sold something 290 k whereas he could sell it 360k. This is marketting that no rule should apply to that. You are a good trader or your are not.
What Meow want to rule is people exploiting the fact that other people can make stupid error like forgetting a zero, or selling for 10 k gold a +1 heirloom because they forget to put which heirloom they wanted in exchange

Offline Kherr

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 1
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Kherr
« Reply #72 on: February 25, 2012, 09:05:37 pm »
And now some people want to hide... not to take responsibility for their actions.

Somnium did a namechange and his name is DarkOmen now.

So he got mine morningstar +3 with an offer by mistake and now he also wants a clean history. Bah!

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: POOPHAMMER
« Reply #73 on: February 25, 2012, 09:13:08 pm »
+1
I think the main target of this rule is people that run scripts that automatically buy the fail offers, not the real marketplace sharks that actually know something about the value of things.

People used scripts? Now thats just lame. It was not hard to hit refresh in-between rounds.
Uther Pendragon: dont worry i wasnt planning on trusting you anyway

Offline zottlmarsch

• King
  • Renown: 1114
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems (Founder)
  • Game nicks: Eberhart & Juta von Krems
  • IRC nick: Dan
« Reply #74 on: February 25, 2012, 09:50:58 pm »
Can I just ask from an innocent buyers point of view, if you buy something that is really cheap. then you PM the seller and get no response, what do you do next? wait or resell and risk getting into trouble at a later date if they decide to 'press charges' against you. I think the introduction of a time frame in which after a certain amount of time the item becomes legally yours would be the best idea. Looks to me like this rule seems to protect sellers, but maybe buyers should get a little protection too?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 10:36:14 pm by zottlmarsch »