Author Topic: New Market Rule  (Read 76293 times)

Offline MrShovelFace

• Baron
  • Renown: 119
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • Nobody cares about who I am or what I think
    • View Profile
Re: New Market Rule
« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2012, 12:05:56 am »
+1
communist cat is in opposition to great captialism
Nobody cares about who I am or what I think

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 328
  • Infamy: 192
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2012, 01:39:02 am »
How about putting in a warning saying "THE TRADE YOU'RE ADDING IS PROBABLY A REALLY BAD IDEA" if you request too little gold/pay gold & item for nothing/etc. so that people will actually know beforehand?

That'll take the guesswork and manpower out of trying to deal with the cases of somebody crying because they wanted just a slightly better deal than they settled for initially.

If cases that trigger this rule are obvious enough, it shouldn't be too hard.

This.

I think it's not hard to write a preview script which would show you your offer and color it accordingly (green for sensible offer, red for both overpriced and underpriced items). Sensible offer could be average offer for said item on market +-100K gold. That way market would stabilize because many people would change their price lower and higher if they are suggested to do it. It would do good for marketplace, inflation is kinda ridiculous atm.

And the biggest gain would be... our dear Meow wouldn't have to deal with dumb on the one side and mean people on the other side.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 185
  • Infamy: 438
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 25, 2012, 01:43:53 am »
What about old trades? Or mistakes rather.

Nothing. We are still fucked.

Offline Cosmos_Shielder

• Baron
  • Renown: 137
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player
  • French Connection Leader
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pecores
  • Game nicks: Roland De Gilead
« Reply #48 on: February 25, 2012, 01:50:08 am »
Also which of the examples do you want specified?

If you do such a trade and do not realize that minutes after seeing the trade happened, you will not get anything back, nor will you if you use that money since the trade will be fully reverted which means the other side of the trade will get his/her gold back as well.

EDIT: Removed some "obviously"s.
It amazes me that common sense seems to be very very rare in this community or some people just try ignore it to make a point.
Personnally i was not trying to make a point at all. I find this new rule very usefull.
I was not really afraid of admin punishing wrongly.
I was just thinking that if the rule are not precise enough , your job will be harder since a lot of people will whine.
And too much work for detective Meow is less efficient Detective Meow!
I am making profit by hiding what i think the true valour of item are.
When I exchange a katana +1 against a german greatsword and 15k gold i definetely know that i make a very good deal and i would never do the reverse deal.
But i think we both dont consider that as scamming, since it is +1 against +1 and a few amount of gold.
Moreover the guy may love Katana , and want to gets rid of his Danish Faster. Our difference in opinion fits us both.
So we can say that i am making unfair deal but your rule doesnt apply to me.
So thats why you need to be precise, so when real people will be scamming it will be easier to close the case fast .

But enough talking i shouldnt just keep criticizing without giving any purposal.
So here may be a rule

for +1 heirloom : Take the 3 lowest heirloom offer. Calculate the average and then divide it by 3
You got your price and you can defintely consider that selling below this price is scamming.
Since forgetting a zero is dividing by ten , every people that try to scam these kind of error will definetely know that they are wrong.

What i suggest is that no one can bypass  these rule,  but you can still be considered as a scammer even if you didnt bypassed them.
So lets consider that "averageoflowest/3" is equal to 110k and someone make a mistake and type 115k instead of 315 k. You can still argue that buying it, is scaming even if it did bypassed the rule.

What is the interest of this rule ? : It will help closing obvious case faster. You just have to say you bypassed Cosmos Shielder Rule (i love that name , dont you? :P) of averageof3lowest/3
And common sense still need to be applied for people who want to sell below averageof3lowest/3 weird item like +1 smokebomb
You can get this strange item by missclicking when you heirloom them...
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 01:58:12 am by Cosmos_Shielder »

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #49 on: February 25, 2012, 02:20:48 am »
Can we also have a Wall of Shame for people being banned for this?
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Meow

• Awesome Consulting Detective
  • King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2012, 02:25:35 am »
Personnally i was not trying to make a point at all. I find this new rule very usefull.
(click to show/hide)

Haha, I was mainly answering Kaffein with what you quoted, your reply looked perfectly fine :mrgreen:

Not sure about extra specific rules yet but I'll check that out tomorrow.

Can we also have a Wall of Shame for people being banned for this?
(click to show/hide)

Well, it kinda happened with the scammers since those mostly happened publicly.
Some people already dropped names here.

Can't say if we will make them public ourselves but you know how it goes when people get ripped off and are angry  :mrgreen:

Offline Cosmos_Shielder

• Baron
  • Renown: 137
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player
  • French Connection Leader
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pecores
  • Game nicks: Roland De Gilead
« Reply #51 on: February 25, 2012, 02:33:22 am »
Haha, I was mainly answering Kaffein with what you quoted, your reply looked perfectly fine :mrgreen:

Not sure about extra specific rules yet but I'll check that out tomorrow.
(click to show/hide)

Well, it kinda happened with the scammers since those mostly happened publicly.
Some people already dropped names here.

Can't say if we will make them public ourselves but you know how it goes when people get ripped off and are angry  :mrgreen:

Dont exactly check the rule as i gave it. It only took my 15 second to find it it need to be adjusted.
We can make it  average of k lower heirloom offer divided by µ

Where :
k is an integer
and µ a Real number

µ can be 3.14 or 2.76 i don t care we need to find something that fit the market.
The lower is this µ the more cases you will close, but the more strict will be the rule.
But in fact i think we can have it below 2 because from what ive seen , you can always sell instantly every +1 item if you put it to 275k. So putting an offer below 275k seems not logical.

And i think Kafein has been a little too harsh , but dont take it for yourself, he is more thinking about a global point of view about economy.
Finding rule for the market is not easy since you need to avoid obsious scam , but you need to allow people to make strange trade that in fact has meaning.
But Thanks god we dont have this for the moment : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Short_%28finance%29
Selling thing you dont have in Crpg Would so baaaad!
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 02:38:38 am by Cosmos_Shielder »

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #52 on: February 25, 2012, 02:58:21 am »
There is no way we can return items that were lost this way before since there was no rule against it.

Bullshit n 100% gay you should rape em an hang em instead of showing mercy not only to pay respect to those who left or rage quit after they got fucked an for the people who have lost countless hours due to some typo...

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 03:11:11 am by Tzar »
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Aseldo

• Baron
  • Renown: 147
  • Infamy: 80
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • you reading this?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Egad_Captain_TKoV
  • IRC nick: Egad
« Reply #53 on: February 25, 2012, 05:46:13 am »
instead of punishing players you could just make the system more failsafe. So if somebody gives away a loom for way less it'd be way more embarrassing because even a monkey could know how much they are going to put it up for on the market. As it stands I always have to count the amount I'm typing in like 3 times just to make sure because I can never be sure how many zeros there are. It would be nice to have something in place to make it easier to notice how much the amount is going to be.

Simple suggestion, when typing in a number right below it will be the number in bright green with commas at appropriate places(every 3 numbers)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 05:48:19 am by Aseldo »

Offline PieParadox

• Count
  • Renown: 219
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: PieParadox
« Reply #54 on: February 25, 2012, 06:14:21 am »
Maybe it should be like writing a check.

You have to input the things twice (price, item, heirloom)... A little more hassle but I think it might help a lot.

Also why hasnt private trading been implemented yet? WHY!?

Offline Meow

• Awesome Consulting Detective
  • King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 150
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #55 on: February 25, 2012, 08:26:53 am »
Bullshit n 100% gay you should rape em an hang em instead of showing mercy not only to pay respect to those who left or rage quit after they got fucked an for the people who have lost countless hours due to some typo...

Not my call.
I'm mainly glad it stops now.

And i think Kafein has been a little too harsh , but dont take it for yourself, he is more thinking about a global point of view about economy.

Haha, no worries, Kaf and I are bros :mrgreen:

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Renown: 1067
  • Infamy: 90
  • Zen
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan Ninja
  • Game nicks: Khorin/Keyoke/Lujan
  • IRC nick: Khorin
« Reply #56 on: February 25, 2012, 09:53:51 am »
+1
Bad parenting is the real monster here.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 25, 2012, 11:25:01 am »
Maybe it should be like writing a check.

You have to input the things twice (price, item, heirloom)... A little more hassle but I think it might help a lot.

Also why hasnt private trading been implemented yet? WHY!?

This might help. Forcing players to write everything twice and maybe even to wait idle during a certain amount of time before they can confirm the offer. I don't think anyone would ever make a mistake on the selected items again if we had to choose them from a list then write the complete name correctly.

Haha, no worries, Kaf and I are bros :mrgreen:

Hey, this is private xD

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #58 on: February 25, 2012, 11:37:44 am »
good news
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline RiPLeY_II

• Knight
  • Renown: 48
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SHoDaN_THe_SHieLDBReaKeR, RiPLeY_THe_TaLeNTeD
« Reply #59 on: February 25, 2012, 12:18:27 pm »
Usually i'm with the devs decision, as they usually have a taste for common sense. But i think this is really a bad idea, as you're directly getting into players interaction and their rights (even the right to make mistakes).

A game without mistakes is not a game. If you make a mistake and you're able to get back before you made the mistake. Where is the game? Even more for a multiplayer game ...

I'm ok with making messages of confirmation about "bad offers" in the market before making them (p.e. 2 times question: "are you sure? this seems to be a bad idea." You go ok, then second question: "Are you sure? This seems like a wrong offer?" then you go ok, the offer is up in the market), but direct "go back" manipulations are not and should not be fair.

Too much direct manipulation from devs in this case.

PD: i've never exploited someone's mistake in the market.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 12:23:55 pm by RiPLeY_II »