Author Topic: New Market Rule  (Read 76104 times)

Offline Meow

• Awesome Consulting Detective
  • King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
Re: New Market Rule
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2012, 04:51:58 pm »
+1
I love how we all are (rightfully) screaming about the Patriot act or SOPA, yet somehow doing the exact same thing ourselves isn't a problem.

Really? Patriot act?

Well, you are totally right about the part where this never was a democracy and I will under no circumstances define this rule in a way where people start exploiting possible loopholes.

If there is a dispute between both trade partners and they can not agree on something we will judge the cases individually.
And yes we will decide on what we think is the right thing.

This rule is there to prevent people from ruining other people's game experience.

So instead of common sense just ask yourself: "Would I want to be on the other side of that trade?"

If the answer is no - don't do it.

Smart trading is fine and if you can make money with honest trades on the market there is no problem at all.

I'm fine with this rule personally, I just don't like the fact that nobody points out the problems that can and will emerge when we will have borderline cases. Let's say I fucked up the item selection, and sold my +3 heavy lance instead of my +3 KAS, but for the KAS price. Determining wether I actually got scammed is hard because it depends on the relative value of the HL and KAS.

This is a case where that rules does not apply since it's in no way obvious for your trade partner that you made a mistake.

A "confirmation" option to be added to the seller side would solve this problem and also facilitate trading by eliminating the need of intermediate items and allowing people to choose specific buyers...

This I totally agree on.
Not sure it's gonna be added though.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 04:55:00 pm by Meow »

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • I play now! but I suck =(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RandomDude
  • IRC nick: RandomDude
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2012, 04:54:26 pm »
Good to see this new rule.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2012, 05:12:37 pm »
Really? Patriot act?

Well, you are totally right about the part where this never was a democracy and I will under no circumstances define this rule in a way where people start exploiting possible loopholes.

If there is a dispute between both trade partners and they can not agree on something we will judge the cases individually.
And yes we will decide on what we think is the right thing.

This rule is there to prevent people from ruining other people's game experience.

So instead of common sense just ask yourself: "Would I want to be on the other side of that trade?"

If the answer is no - don't do it.

Smart trading is fine and if you can make money with honest trades on the market there is no problem at all.

This is a case where that rules does not apply since it's in no way obvious for your trade partner that you made a mistake.

This I totally agree on.
Not sure it's gonna be added though.

Good points :)

I put the Patriot act as example because it allows the US government to take grave actions based on very unclear criteria. Just like SOPA that says that any site "helping or enabling" foreign sites to give access to copyrighted material is a site dedicated to theft of US property. The part about helping and enabling is easily the cause of 80% of the fuss about the text.

Nobody needs to be part of the cRPG community, so it is completely legit and probably the best option to run it in a undemocratic manner. Afterall, those that get the job done are the ones that decide what is done. I think this wording is better :

"If there is a dispute between both trade partners and they can not agree on something we will judge the cases individually.
And yes we will decide on what we think is the right thing."

Anyway, best is not making mistakes at all. This new rule will probably give you more work Meow :P

Offline Espu

• The good
  • Count
  • Renown: 261
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Espu
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2012, 05:41:07 pm »
+6
Better rename him Maow.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2012, 07:22:00 pm »
:D
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: POOPHAMMER
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2012, 07:42:02 pm »
+7
my life is over
Uther Pendragon: dont worry i wasnt planning on trusting you anyway

Offline Jacko

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 839
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fffnanguard!
  • Game nicks: Jacko
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2012, 07:43:52 pm »
I don't like the rule. A market is made up by winners and losers, and preying on other peoples mistakes is a valid strategy, regardless of morals. Coming from EVE I have a pretty thick nose when it comes to scams and trickery.

But, this is just a game after all, and maybe it's better to have rules like this to prevent people from getting 'griefed'. I don't have to like it, but I can still agree to it.

Chairman Maow, glorious leader and noobsaver.
Monkeys!

Offline TurmoilTom

• King
  • Renown: 1089
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Doesn't really play that much anymore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2012, 07:55:22 pm »
+3

Offline Kherr

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 1
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Kherr
« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2012, 08:10:31 pm »
Finaly and thanks.
Somnium read this topic lol
I sent Somnium a link of this thread. I know what he does. The new rule was published a few days too late for me...
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 08:14:27 pm by Kherr »

Offline Adalwulf

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 53
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Adalwulf
« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2012, 08:30:20 pm »
+1
if you honestly can't realize the price or offer you want for an item before you press the confirmation button then in all fairness tough luck. This isn't noob friendly jacko....it's stupid friendly.

Offline Rhaelys

• Duke
  • Renown: 509
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: Rhaelys_BlockLeft_of_Chaos
« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2012, 08:33:11 pm »
+1
I don't like the rule. A market is made up by winners and losers, and preying on other peoples mistakes is a valid strategy, regardless of morals. Coming from EVE I have a pretty thick nose when it comes to scams and trickery.

But, this is just a game after all, and maybe it's better to have rules like this to prevent people from getting 'griefed'. I don't have to like it, but I can still agree to it.

Chairman Maow, glorious leader and noobsaver.

I stopped reading after that.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Quote from: Uumdi
sweet of you guys to celebrate my birthday
wait you're talking about that devils lettuce arent you, god damnit
Quote from: Kreczor
yo you want to burn some sweet romaine tonight?
Quote from: Uumdi
yeah i smoke that dirty green shit fuck iceberg

Offline RibaldRon

• Baron
  • Renown: 144
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
  • why do butts
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: LLJK_RibaldRon
« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2012, 08:34:52 pm »
+1
How about putting in a warning saying "THE TRADE YOU'RE ADDING IS PROBABLY A REALLY BAD IDEA" if you request too little gold/pay gold & item for nothing/etc. so that people will actually know beforehand?

That'll take the guesswork and manpower out of trying to deal with the cases of somebody crying because they wanted just a slightly better deal than they settled for initially.

If cases that trigger this rule are obvious enough, it shouldn't be too hard.
signature removed: annoying
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

USA USA USA

Offline Zanze

• Earl
  • Renown: 366
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
  • Game nicks: Raven_Zan
« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2012, 08:55:50 pm »
The majority of the problem wasn't people putting up bad deals, it was people like Somnium preying on loom point trades.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2012, 09:13:56 pm »
+2

Coming from EVE myself, I have to say it is a radically different game and should not be compared in this fashion to the c-RPG game. They are both indeed called "markets" but all similarities end there.

EVE is also built for cut-throat PvP, c-RPG does not have the same player base nor mentalities for that.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 09:14:57 pm by Tears of Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2012, 11:18:17 pm »
+3
good rule.

No people this is not eve or the real life stock exchange, it's a small friendly community of people who want to have fun playing an intense combat game, not people who want to e-thug pretending to be space warlords.

People acting like sharks with scripts to snap up typos on market will wreck this mod.

If the mod had more programmers, they could add a better trading validation system to marketplace, where it gives you a warning when you are about to fuckup, but why should someone like chadz have to spend hours of his time just to prevent a few morons with poor morals from making everyone else unhappy? Better to just ban them when they pull shady shit, most people around here don't want these assholes.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 11:20:00 pm by Turboflex »