Author Topic: New Market Rule  (Read 76350 times)

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
Re: New Market Rule
« Reply #150 on: June 01, 2012, 10:42:28 pm »
Solved :mrgreen:

Gweat Reader Chailmehn Meow Its Bahk
I don't know enough

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline jordomeister

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Baroney
« Reply #151 on: June 07, 2012, 05:57:32 pm »
Its a small enough community as it already is. We dont need more players quitting due to being scammed. This is good.

Offline Gomer

• Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 368
  • cRPG Player
  • Skill Crutcher
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Gomer
« Reply #152 on: June 08, 2012, 07:32:14 am »
*COUGH* Move to marketplace thread *COUGH*

Offline oohillac

• Marshall
  • Renown: 724
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player
  • boys don't cry
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 23, 2012, 08:23:52 pm »
Legio_Vel3no - bought my +3 Huscarl for 150k (not 1.5mil -.-) - RETURNED!  Thanks a bunch!

Merc_Eye_Less_Boxxy - bought +3 Shortened Military Scythe for same 150k. - RETURNED

Messaged both via marketplace.

Thanks, Meow!
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 08:57:33 pm by oohillac »

Offline Toffey

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 17, 2012, 08:22:53 pm »
Could this be put in the market place? I just made what I thought was an amazing trade, only to learn that it's against the rules.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 02:40:17 am by Toffey »

Offline zottlmarsch

• King
  • Renown: 1114
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems (Founder)
  • Game nicks: Eberhart & Juta von Krems
  • IRC nick: Dan
« Reply #155 on: November 19, 2012, 09:42:40 pm »
+3
Need some advice regarding this 'new' market rule,

I was on the market the other night when I saw this +1 Rus Bow being sold at 130K. Being pretty sure the guy had made a mistake (and probably meant 310k) I accepted the offer and immediately sent him a pm offering the item back for my 130k as I have done before in this situation. Usually I get a reply saying yes I made a mistake and a nice thank you mate when I give it back  :), however after 5 days this guy hasn't replied, I think he hasn't even read my messages! So what do I do next? Is there some sort of time frame in which the item would legally become mine or do I just hold it in my inventory until I get a reply, whenever that may be!

Here are the messages I sent
(click to show/hide)

[EDIT] After waiting a week I still have no reply at all, so I'm guessing there isn't a problem with this trade, Gonna trade it now.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 09:04:31 am by zottlmarsch »

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #156 on: November 20, 2012, 07:29:29 pm »
+3
OGG_Marijuana
I think I know why this guy isn't replying...

Offline juv95hrn

• Baron
  • Renown: 149
  • Infamy: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 16, 2013, 04:36:04 am »
+1
If you have made an honest mistake (and a very stupid trade) is there any way to get to know who you traded with (if you forget his name) to plead with him to let the trade go back? I realize the chances are slim but maybe he's a decent guy if I just can get hold of his name.

I accepted this trade and obvisouly I thought I would be the one to gain the 150k. Not pay the guy so he could get exactly what he wanted. :-(

Trade   16/01/2013 03:52:05   Lordly Lamellar Vest vs.    Lordly Sarranid Guard Armor and 150,000 gold

Yes, I know I am an idiot for not being able to read the Auction House right but it is one of my first trades and I took for granted the person asking for an armour would pay a fee to be able to change to what he wanted to. Not the other way around.

Thanks...

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 16, 2013, 08:45:43 am »
+2
juv95, put an offer on the market, stones for 75 k and I'll accept it. And try to contact with Meow -> http://forum.meleegaming.com/profile/?u=2477

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #159 on: January 16, 2013, 12:19:50 pm »
+1
If you have made an honest mistake (and a very stupid trade) is there any way to get to know who you traded with (if you forget his name) to plead with him to let the trade go back? I realize the chances are slim but maybe he's a decent guy if I just can get hold of his name.

I accepted this trade and obvisouly I thought I would be the one to gain the 150k. Not pay the guy so he could get exactly what he wanted. :-(

Trade   16/01/2013 03:52:05   Lordly Lamellar Vest vs.    Lordly Sarranid Guard Armor and 150,000 gold

Yes, I know I am an idiot for not being able to read the Auction House right but it is one of my first trades and I took for granted the person asking for an armour would pay a fee to be able to change to what he wanted to. Not the other way around.

Thanks...
On your character page, in the top left corner next to you gold, is a message button. Click that. Then change "Unread" to "sent" and click search. All your sent messages should be stored there.

When you accept a trade, you automatically send a message to the other guy. When you find that message in the "sent" archive, you can see his name.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1076
  • Infamy: 658
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 16, 2013, 12:26:40 pm »
+1

Thanks...

You can ask the player who accepted the trade to revert it but other than that, you can't force it. That trade is not the reason why this rule exists, it's for the people who lost mw item or more than 500k gold by mistake. 150k isn't enough , I'm sorry.

Offline juv95hrn

• Baron
  • Renown: 149
  • Infamy: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 16, 2013, 03:26:27 pm »
+1
@ Falka:

Thanks!!! Thats a incredibly generous offer! :-)

@ Zapper:

Thanks for the info. I have sent a message to Kukushka although my hopes are very slim he will retract on this (for him) excellent deal.

@ Leshma:

I understand this. But it hurts. A 24 hour automated regret period would be excellent for clumsy players like me. All that remains is to kick myself and start making my own "phising" trades and hope another unfortunate n00b makes the same mistake I did.

Thanks for the info and understanding. I'm sure I'm not the first that made this mistake and at least its good to mention this as a warning example to new people. Hopefully I will get over this soon and get back to grinding back all the money...

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #162 on: January 16, 2013, 04:22:08 pm »
+2
A 24 hour automated regret period would be excellent for clumsy players like me.

"Woho! A new weapon, better respec so I can use it right away! But, wait whats this? It is no longer in my inventory, but I got my gold back but my respec can't be redone :("

(click to show/hide)

Offline Mr_Oujamaflip

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Ouj Reviews!
« Reply #163 on: January 17, 2013, 08:01:31 pm »
Then add a 24 hour returns period for respecs if its added for trades.

Or just don't do either.

Offline mentalcase

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 13, 2013, 05:52:17 am »
What if this happend b4 this rule do we just lose the item? :/