Author Topic: Time to consider strat XP?  (Read 664 times)

Offline Tristan

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 52
  • cRPG Player
  • Listen to wisdom!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Guards)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tristan
  • IRC nick: Guard_Tristan
Time to consider strat XP?
« on: February 12, 2012, 07:06:20 pm »
I think one of the important things to counter in a new version of strat is the zombie/drone/clone efficiency. We want a system where one very active player is better than one who has never played. At the same time we do not want "too_much_grind".

I propose that every time you play in a strategus match you get a specific strategus XP.
With each "level" your strategus char can spend points on things like: Crafting points, recruitment points, Leadership (army size), movement points etc.
Opposite leveling on regular servers the leveling strategus levels are less exponential.

You can also gain points through the cRPG server. Instead of gaining smithing points (3) you get one strat level point. (And obviously current such gains are converted)

What say you?
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 07:09:26 pm by Tristan »
He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief. He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened his mouth.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
Re: Time to consider strat XP?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 10:59:07 pm »
My guess is that this thread is gonna turn into a how easily abused/unfair/stooooopid these points are, even if everyone is gonna have their own view on how it will work.

That being said. I support this suggestion. Yeah, balancing these points and how they work will be a lot of work, but at least it's something and a good suggestion. Ofc, it could be horribly unbalanced/unfair/whatever, but if all goes to shait, we could just remove it, right?

PS: One mini-addition I've been thinking of myself was a once-a-day (or hour) a "look at the ground" feature. It basicly gives you a random chance to find:
  • A mean looking wooden sticks!
  • A bunch of rocks!
  • A woodman's Axe!
  • A cast away Pitch Fork!
  • A shiny golden coin! (lucky are you!)
It wouldn't unbalance the game with it's free stuff, but would mean that the "naked" armies at least have something. Like the looters in single player. Not good stuff by a long shot, but never any fist-only groups.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline engurrand

• Psychopath
  • Earl
  • Renown: 359
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player
  • Trifecta
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Kingdom of Veluca
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 03:38:06 am »
Just remember when you start adding extra constraints you effectively increase the likely hood of there being the "golden build" that everyone MUST have in order to do anything at all. And thus the whole idea becomes redundant, the grind becomes a means to an end that everyone will reach any ways. And thus, no "specialization" will really appear, just more time wasted.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 04:14:59 am »
No one need to be naked, thats a silly choice people make.

49 robes 49 cudgles 10 bamboo spears cost 964 gold, plus troops. Doesn't take long to get some gear together.

I think perhaps it would be good if taking part in strat battles gave you a crafting bonus of some kind. Maybe a 24hour base %increase in your chance of crafting. Would be handy when all the towns are a locked down.
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline RibaldRon

• Baron
  • Renown: 144
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
  • why do butts
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: LLJK_RibaldRon
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2012, 05:02:14 am »
I think  it would be a really cool idea if you implemented the other skills from MB , Trading, Leadership, etc. into it.

Anything that provides a bonus to strategus is a good thing, but you've got to consider that some players will be all over the advantages, and will be able to successfully get in on about any fight they like.

Kind of unrelated:
(click to show/hide)
signature removed: annoying
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

USA USA USA