Poll

Balance Heavy Cav?

Yes
31 (53.4%)
No
27 (46.6%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Author Topic: Heavy Cav  (Read 2820 times)

Offline Snoozer

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 58
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Faction:Knights Hospitaller
    • View Profile
Re: Heavy Cav
« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2012, 06:36:25 am »
this is my first cav gen and imo the majority of people just dont know how to fight cav

i never feared cav unless it was a skilled player like roh and bad(na players theres more of course who are skilled at cav just examples)

even when i was 1h long espada build id just jump stab their bitch asses of there horses with hardly any problems
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Good Bye Lost Legion R.I.P Q_Q

Offline Ganner

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 138
  • The other white meat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Ganner_of_Chaos
« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2012, 09:19:59 am »
As a part time cav im (suprisingly for the first time ever) going to have to agree with Bear on this.  Just going from a destrier to a cata is a huge difference and it makes you play cav a bit differently.  You can afford to be a little careless when you aren't afraid of dying if you go into the melee ball.  On my cata i will charge a group of aware meleers and can usualy come out alive.  On a destrier or anything lighter its suicide.  As an armored horse really the only thing you need to do to avoid pikers is just slow down, they do almost no damage to you if they don't have the speed bonus of you charging them.

The point about the shield bubble is valid as well.  I cant count the number times ive hit a horse no where near the rider, yet the THUMP of a shield hit sounds.  Or the reverse for me on the horse, my shield is aimed directly at the arrow or swing and it thwacks me.  It is buggy as hell and needs to be looked at.

Offline Renten

• Knight
  • Renown: 36
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2012, 04:23:43 pm »
As a long spear user, I continually hit the cavs shield even though I'm behind them and they are facing away from me (jump stabbing). It takes 5-6 stabs to kill a Cata including the first one being a full on charge, and only 3 for the plate dude on top. I've actually started using a long hafted spiked mace and jump swinging at them. 50% of the time I one shot the rider, 25% he one shots me, 25% I just get uselessly bumped for 1/5 my health.

It works better because at least that way they don't avoid me as much.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 04:26:06 pm by Renten »

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2012, 06:53:42 pm »
+1
I agree with the shield forcefield on cav, that thing can be crazy.

But is the solution really to nerf heavy cav outside of that?  Right now ranged has been nerfed into the ground, and now the next big melee threat - heavy cav - is being asked for a nerf? 

Melee has always been completely viable and effective.  Being melee, whether that is shielder/pole/2H, is fucking strong and almost always topping the charts or in the top.  I think doing too much to heavy cav will completely overhaul any sense of class balance. 

So I say focus on re-balancing ranged damage after this last patch and see how much that brings balance into perspective... THEN nerf heavy cav if problems persist.
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345