Do you want to be both shields 0 slot?

Yes
16 (48.5%)
No
10 (30.3%)
I dont care...
7 (21.2%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Author Topic: Bucklers  (Read 969 times)

Offline Golem

• Earl
  • Renown: 466
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: rektlessHEMPrincess
Bucklers
« on: January 14, 2012, 09:06:58 pm »
Hey, I have been playing whith round buckler (0 slot) and then I raised my shield skill an bought a steel buckler. (1 slot) As you can notice I had written number of slots. Why? Becouse it´s not logical either realistic that one of that shield have 1 slot and the other 0. When you look at them they are of the same sizes. They are hanged at the same spot, the only diference is the difficulty, 3 and 5. So, why we have almost same shields whith different numbers of slots?
Feel free to discuss.
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
Re: Bucklers
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2012, 10:08:49 pm »
+3
Ashtray shields should be removed from this game, they're ridiculous. They might even be transformed into a throwing weapon.
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Old_Sir_Agor

• Baron
  • Renown: 85
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: DenBitre_Sir_Agor
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2012, 10:12:08 pm »
this 1 slot steel buckler has 22 more armor, 38 more hp, 1,5 more weight, so it is far more stronger then round steel buckler, so i think no, if steel buckler will be 0 slot, it would be to powerful
shooting at people from a reachable place as last man standing is not delaying. Even if you're on the other side of the map.

Offline Golem

• Earl
  • Renown: 466
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: rektlessHEMPrincess
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2012, 10:19:33 pm »
this 1 slot steel buckler has 22 more armor, 38 more hp, 1,5 more weight, so it is far more stronger then round steel buckler, so i think no, if steel buckler will be 0 slot, it would be to powerful
Yeah but that just reflects the difficulty. It shouldnt account the slots...
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline Stabby_Dave

• Count
  • Renown: 197
  • Infamy: 34
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Stabby_Dave, Squelch, Dave_The_Longbowman, Faggy_Dave
  • IRC nick: Stabby
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2012, 11:50:26 pm »
Makes sense to have it as 1 slot if its much better statwise. That said, with a high shield skill, the round steel buckler is a damn good shield. My +3 one only really breaks in long battles or vs axes.

I never realised before but it also opens the option of some kind of arbalest/1h shield build rather than the usual arbalest + mace that everyone goes for.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 11:51:42 pm by Stabby_Dave »

Offline Chris_P_Bacon

• Count
  • Renown: 195
  • Infamy: 37
  • I'm a pig.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Ser_Chris_P_Bacon_Astralis, an_angry_piglet, A_Canadian_Seal_Clubber_Eh
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2012, 07:09:29 am »
If the issue is that they are of same aesthetic proportions, they should just make the regular buckler one slot. Then there is no difference between them.

Offline Froto_the_Loc

• Count
  • Renown: 252
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • CRaPGame
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Locia
  • Game nicks: Froto_the_loc
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2012, 07:35:47 am »
Let's try not to read stats too hard. With an 18/18 6 shield build, Axes 2 shot my buckler. Arrows went around and kneecapped me. Blades swing around at the right angles. Speed and strength against non "bonus against shield" weapons is all these things have got.

It isn't the size of a kite shield thus less cumbersome.
The point of slots was to keep people from using 4 different, huge, awkward, and encumbersome items.

Now, maybe not 0 slot, but at least 1, for both.
Hooray for customization and hybridization!
Down with monotonous pure classes!

Offline Old_Sir_Agor

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2012, 09:50:09 am »
round steel buckler is to weak to be 1 slot, making it 1 slot and no1 will use it
shooting at people from a reachable place as last man standing is not delaying. Even if you're on the other side of the map.

Offline Armbrust_Schtze

• Knight
  • Renown: 72
  • Infamy: 110
  • cRPG Player
  • (being watched)
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Philip :)
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2012, 09:58:33 am »
it should be atleast, i dont see a bgif difference in the 2 buckler versions.

gosh gnjus is really ugly also in reallife, no matter if this is photoshop overworked or not  O:
This masterwork bolt will send you straight to hell Tincan!

Offline Old_Sir_Agor

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2012, 10:41:12 am »
armbrust you just dont try shielder with this shield right? 60 armor shields are impossible to break with 2h swords and arrows/bolts, but 40 armor shield goes down pretty fast, so 0 slot buckler is weak, but steel 1 slot buckler is much better.

Offline Stabby_Dave

• Count
  • Renown: 197
  • Infamy: 34
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Stabby_Dave, Squelch, Dave_The_Longbowman, Faggy_Dave
  • IRC nick: Stabby
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2012, 02:13:41 pm »
I have a +3 round steel buckler with 8shield skill and archers still get around my shield pretty easily. Making it 1 slot would really make it redundant over the other fast shields like Knightly Kite Shield/Elite Cav Shield.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 02:16:24 pm by Stabby_Dave »

Offline Elmokki

• Count
  • Renown: 192
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: United democratic national whatever
  • Game nicks: elmokki_Krokotiili
  • IRC nick: Elmokki
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2012, 02:24:52 pm »
round steel buckler is to weak to be 1 slot, making it 1 slot and no1 will use it

True, though unless I'm wrong it was nerfed when it was made 0 slot. It used to be about the same as the other buckler. So yeah, that doesn't really matter from that perspective.

I like bucklers. I use the more expensive one since I have high shield skill. It does suck projectiles pretty hillariously well for the size though - that could be nerfed slightly. 0 slot option for a buckler is fine. Low hp and 40 armor make it break quite fast with 3 shield skill anyway against twohanders etc.