Author Topic: All unbalanced weapons should be unsheathable  (Read 2223 times)

Offline Tomas

• Marshall
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Fallen Brigade Website
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Tomas
Re: All unbalanced weapons should be unsheathable
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2012, 06:40:10 pm »
The smart ones that usually top scoreboards. Dezilagel, Tor, Cooties etc. I would've gotten 2 shield skill instead of 2 IF if I didn't use unsheathable polearms all the time. :)

All the more reason to make the change

NERF TOR, NERF COOTIES :D

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2012, 06:56:17 pm »
A cool idea, but it doesn't really have any point to it as far as game balance is concerned. I mean, the morning star and most of the axes are already underused in comparison to the other great swords as you said before. As far as realism goes, you have a solid argument. Then again, as far as realism goes one shouldn't be able to wiggle a pike through a wall and hit a person on the other side by jumping and wiggling wildly. Plus, unbalanced weapons in general are already slow as all get out.
This community hurts my brains, a lot.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2012, 07:25:06 pm »
The smart ones that usually top scoreboards. Dezilagel, Tor, Cooties etc. I would've gotten 2 shield skill instead of 2 IF if I didn't use unsheathable polearms all the time. :)
Your kinda implying its the shield that makes them top the scoreboard. For these three there are 100 players who can top the scoreboard without a shield. I hate having a shield, I always get caught with my pants do.... my shield out in melee. While it isnt that great for ranged cover anyway. When I am fighting I have to put the shield away, which is 80% of the time. When I am not fighting I can dodge, dodging helps for ranged from all directions and doesn't slow you down.

On topic, this change is just annoying and not beneficial in anyway. I like how it is now that only weapons that are ridiculously long cant be sheathed.