Author Topic: Point system for arranging matches ala Warhammer...  (Read 811 times)

Offline Tristan

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 52
  • cRPG Player
  • Listen to wisdom!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Guards)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tristan
  • IRC nick: Guard_Tristan
Point system for arranging matches ala Warhammer...
« on: January 07, 2012, 01:05:07 pm »
Not really sure if this is the appropriate forum. It's not an event yet, nor is a suggestion as I do not want to tweak anything in cRPG. It's more like an idea that needs some input.

Basic idea is to create matches through a point system. Each clan signs up a unit of 5 persons. This unit is assigned a point value.
An aspiring commander feels like showing off his tactical skills and challenges an opponent saying he assembled 1000 points for friday evening... "can you assemble one so we can fight?"

The rigid way to do this is to say that each soldier in unit must be equipped exactly alike.

An example:

Antarian Panzerforce 500 points, 5 troopers
PLate, flamberge blah blah +1 extra trooper 100 points.

Druzhina snipersquad 450 points, 5 troops
Rus bow, bla bla bla

Modifications or variations
a) Each unit is allowed a hero who can equip differently
b) Each unit is allowed to use different equipment, but must always use the same 5 types with which it was first registered
c) Each unit gets more expensive as it has participated in more victories
d) The points value of each unit is done by peer review and calculating costs
e) A ladder for commanders

Does the idea have merit? Or just a waste of time?

He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief. He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened his mouth.

Offline Tomas

• Marshall
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Fallen Brigade Website
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Tomas
Re: Point system for arranging matches ala Warhammer...
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012, 01:47:55 pm »
The idea has merit but the points value system could be simplified.

1) The 2 commanders agree on a points limit between 100 and 1000
2) Everybodies char level is converted into points - each level = 2 points.  So 5 level 30 chars = 150 levels = 300 points
3) Everybodies gear value then gets converted into points - 1000 gold = 1 point.  So 5 people in typical gear with a value of 30,000 = 150000 gold total value = 150 points

So my 5 level 30 chars in typical gear uses up 450 points.  If 450 points was the limit agreed and I wanted to get my level 34 ace player into the game then I would have to sacrifice 8k worth of gear value.

EDIT: Also this way the game can limit equipment on your team according to the chars spawned already.  If the limit is 500 points and the first 4 people spawned have used up 430 of those points then the last person will only be able to use up 70 points.  If they are level 30 then this means they only get 10k worth of gear and can't spawn if they equip more than that.  A points ticker can be added to show people how much they have used up.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 01:50:41 pm by Tomas »

Offline Tristan

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 52
  • cRPG Player
  • Listen to wisdom!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Guards)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tristan
  • IRC nick: Guard_Tristan
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2012, 01:50:54 pm »
That would just make the idea another battle. Basicacly what you are suggesting is just what the autobalance is doing on EU1...

The idea was to hire groups of players with a story...
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 01:52:36 pm by Aemaelius »
He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief. He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened his mouth.

Offline Tomas

• Marshall
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Fallen Brigade Website
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Tomas
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2012, 01:52:43 pm »
That would just make the idea another battle.

The idea was to hire groups of players with a story...

Ok - think i got the wrong end of the stick then.  Not really sure what you are trying to do

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2012, 03:18:53 pm »
Ok - think i got the wrong end of the stick then.  Not really sure what you are trying to do

For everyone who feels the same like Tomas, which is perfectly okay as not everyone know the Warhammer Tabletop game:

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 03:23:59 pm by Joker86 »
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • Renown: 377
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Saracen_Berserkaziz_Amir
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2012, 03:43:46 pm »
I´d rather modify the system.

So for example you "buy" a Soldier for a special amount of points(let´s say 100), and then you can buy equipment for more points.Obviously the Soldier for 100 points should have really basic equipment already, would need to figure that out.

Buying in Units is crap.The Warhammer system is made for much bigger battles with partly far over 100 miniatures.That won´t fit well for Clan battles with maybe 30 persons per side maximum.

One would need to sort out all the costs for all the equipment first, ofc...Hard piece of work, but maybe someone would dedicate him to it :D

Imo, such a System wouldnt be really beneficial for now, because there aren´t THAT many clan tournaments and stuff, and it would require a lot of work.

There are simpler systems by far, which equal nice balance aswell.
Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.
"I don´t believe in anything, I´m just here for the violence."