Author Topic: When will you finally take out retarded things like jump-poking with pikes etc?  (Read 5502 times)

Offline Felix

• Baron
  • Renown: 89
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Red_Pike/Oriental_Red
It's completetly dumb when it comes with shorter weapons then long spear/pike (wich I really don't mind, but it's a support weapon and it should considered only this way) like War Spear/Awlpikes/Ashwood pike etc. Polearms thrust connects faster then any other attack, combined with fast weapon and this silly tactic you can outspam and outreach almost every other weapon, add this to polestagger and you are boss, of course it takes some time to learn this techniques, but it's pretty much gamebreaking. I really don't care about realism, for me it's just retarded.

This i support. Awlpike lighting-speed thrust is soo annoying.

Offline Konrax

• Count
  • Renown: 281
  • Infamy: 107
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Konrax of Chaos
Exactly! You're the one who pulled out the realism card first, and I only tried to tell you how realism does not play much in cRPG. Making only one thing realistic would require a whole lot of changes to game mechanics.

CRPG Forum >> CRPG >> Suggestions Corner >> REALISM DISCUSSION

Not sure if you noticed this.

F*** you Konrax. Get some brains. Pikeman (with 3 m pike NOT the long spear that is till viable for dueling) is extremely vulnerable when being pitted 1 v 1 against some crazy 2hander. He can only block and backpedal which won't last long - either he will get gangbanged or he will get saved.  The only advantage we have is the weapon length - but without jumping and jump spin attacking we can't HIT for shit cause of game physics (blocking a huge 3m pike with a single down block with ANY kind of weapon - be it a huge flamberge or a tiny wooden stick). And we CAN'T raise our pike and try to hit enemies from behind an ally through gaps - cause we will undoubtedly hit an ally or the pike will just do "whiff" sound and it takes a whole fucking second to recharge an attack, then backpedal a bit cause the game doesn't have static weapon damage and we're deprived of the ability to use our weapon's length and weight to sink the pike's point into one's body without using momentum.

Now the only way to actually hit someone is to jump, spin and use the length of your weapon. You gonna blame us for that? And all you need to do is pay some attention, block down in time and MIRACLE you're not hit. If you're hit then you're noob and can't block for shit. Or you shouldn't have chosen this spot on battlefield (like going in some whacky formation against group of 3-4 pikemen and some 2handers + shielders). The pike has ONE goddamn attack and you still whine. Not TWO even. BUT ONE. Even a kid can do that for god's sake  :lol: I am a pikeman and i can easily fight off other pikemen even if they're jump spinning.

F*** you man. You're stupid. This is game. In reality we would have pike formation and nice polished breastplate. STFU. Your blabbering is really disturbing. It's not even a discussion. It's just an one-sided whining.

I'm sorry I just don't pay attention to anyone under the age of 15.

Actually... I'm not sorry.

It's pretty clear your a pike or long spear user, and its funny that a post later you talk about how bs awlpike is because its so fast... well its the same problem just awlpike is more viable 1v1, while pikes and long spears are significantly more dangerous in groups, and thus more difficult to approach because of jump spin stab moves that defy the laws of physics which is exactly why its being discussed on the REALISM BOARD.

Offline Scrambles720

• Knight
  • Renown: 25
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Scrambles_Astralis
Pikes are terrible 1v1 and if anyone ever falls for a jump spin stab move they are just terrible no matter how ridiculous it is.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
Thanks for pointing that out. I guess that means we can talk in here without taking into account the BALANCING part of the game.

Well at least you get it now.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Felix

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Lol, this board is a BS. Why bother discussing REALISM? It's soo clear and blatant, what's the point? Sure, if you want realism, you will get it, but don't whine about game mechanics in realism discussion board then. It's so retarded. It gives the impression that this board is for people who cant deal with the way game runs, but instead of properly discussing and suggesting changes, (like any adequate man would do) prefer to just whine and whine and whine and whine some more. You look like bunch of retards.

I'm sorry I just don't pay attention to anyone under the age of 15.

Lol, find some strength to accept that fact that you came here just to whine like a little b*tch with no intention to discuss whatsoever. And when you're given some solid facts, you close your eyes and make excuses. Age doesn't mean a shit, facts are facts.
And BTW i am 20. So ****you man  :lol:
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 06:47:03 am by Felix »

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
Hey, you got the point of this board! Congrats! :lol:

Offline Felix

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Yeah, shouldn't have even bothered myself posting here. Cya  :lol:

Offline Wookimonsta

• Hoopy frood
  • Count
  • Renown: 206
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
solution, doing any thrust attack (polearm/1h/2h) will massively slow down your turning speed. Also same for Archers, throwers, if they draw back their turning speed is decreased alot.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
<dexxtaa> I just saw nakey ladies and I left
<@Fasader> dexxtaa is clearly gay

Offline Dravic

• Knight
  • Renown: 78
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Not playing
  • Game nicks: Not playing
  • IRC nick: Most likely Dravic
+1
Remove rain.

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
    • mod :D
  • Game nicks: LC
just remove any jump+ action for all classes..

like in MM Russia?

Offline Konrax

• Count
  • Renown: 281
  • Infamy: 107
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Konrax of Chaos
Lol, this board is a BS. Why bother discussing REALISM? It's soo clear and blatant, what's the point? Sure, if you want realism, you will get it, but don't whine about game mechanics in realism discussion board then. It's so retarded. It gives the impression that this board is for people who cant deal with the way game runs, but instead of properly discussing and suggesting changes, (like any adequate man would do) prefer to just whine and whine and whine and whine some more. You look like bunch of retards.

Lol, find some strength to accept that fact that you came here just to whine like a little b*tch with no intention to discuss whatsoever. And when you're given some solid facts, you close your eyes and make excuses. Age doesn't mean a shit, facts are facts.
And BTW i am 20. So ****you man  :lol:

The first thing you said on this thread was a direct attack at me.

Take your own advice and have a real discussion, and if you want to look at logic by all means go back the last 5 pages and look at what I wrote.

Yes I come to this board to whine like a little bitch about borked game mechanics because this game was made by 3 guys and they did all the work including building the engine for it. Congrats its a broken game, and they used poor balancing techniques to amend the broken game engine they HAD to use to get the game out.

For the record jump stabs with pikes can actually hit above and bellow the block threshold thanks to magical pike hit boxes and borked game physics. Anyone who disagrees just wants to sustain a BS element of this game that should have been done away with years ago.

Been lobbying for slowdown + removal of overhead for a long time, but item balancers disagree.
It's way overused now (I use it too)...

Gee looks like pikes are starting to become a very real problem....
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 08:12:30 pm by Konrax »

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
I'm a hoplite and the jump + attack is really dumb. If you're in a 1v1 situation, take your 1h/1slot polearm out. Even some of the KUTT guys like Tanken does fairly well doing that.

To clarify, I think jumping offers too much instantaneous speed, and it helps negate many of the negatives from slow and clunky weapons. I don't jump as much anymore, but I experimented enough with jumping a lot in the past and experienced quite a few gimmicky kills.

The only time I really whine about the jump stuff is when I finally breach through to the piker, and end up having to fight Mr. jumping bean whom I can't always get close to since he jumps away. Pressuring up close isn't really all that effective anymore. This is from my point of view.

In all fairness though, many jump + actions are pretty bogus that I have to abuse. Jump+weapon switch being my most prominent use nowadays.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 08:39:49 pm by san. »

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
Yeah jump+ actions are pretty gimmicky.  I also use the jump+switch weapons in a tight jam if I still have my lance out (or if I'm long spearing), and otherwise would easily get stabbed by trying to switch weapons.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Aleskander

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
  • I swear to drunk ossifer I'm not god
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Aleskander, Alesoy Varsov
Imagine it not as a jump, but more of a backwards/forewards lunge.
Problem solved

inb4 it's OP, downblock

"Die in Turkish Penis"-Grabber, 14-6-12
Never forget