Author Topic: The Dark Force  (Read 8485 times)

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: The Dark Force
« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2011, 11:33:52 am »
I think this is what Native_ATS is complaining most about.

You clearly made a mistake, making the developers enter the servers and taking influence on the game heavily, something they wouldn't do without a good reason, and all you have to say about this is "I used a game mechanic"?

Perhaps it would have been nice to say "I used a glitch", because that's what it is. Game mechanics are intended to work this way, glitches are not. You used latter.

Everyone has to decide for himself, what to think about a glitch abusing clan leader, but now having your clanmates posting personal attacks against Native_ATS without contributing anything to the discussion doesn't improve this impression.

Obviously you and Native_ATS have some personal... discrepancies... but I think it would be wrong to carry them out on the forum or with entire clans ingame... just my two cents...

Jesus, you are clueless aren't you

Offline Loki

• Count
  • Renown: 228
  • Infamy: 57
  • cRPG Player
  • I don't know karate, but I know crazy.
    • View Profile
    • The Fallen Brigade
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Loki
« Reply #46 on: November 30, 2011, 11:35:51 am »
Obviously you and Native_ATS have some personal... discrepancies... but I think it would be wrong to carry them out on the forum or with entire clans ingame... just my two cents...

Don't drag me into this.  I don't have anything to do with him.

You can see how terrible everybody thought this whole thing was.
http://youtu.be/R1FUke_kmO0
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Camaris

• Count
  • Renown: 223
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Neresto_HRE
  • IRC nick: Neresto_HRE
« Reply #47 on: November 30, 2011, 12:01:56 pm »
+2
Im ok with the punishement.
It´s interessting that fallen was first to get punished in such a way but ok.
Just punish every upcoming exploit even if you didnt state it is one.

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #48 on: November 30, 2011, 12:03:34 pm »
+1
Jesus, you are clueless aren't you

To be honest: yes I am. But if it really was the way I read it here, by using a glitch to prevent someone else from attacking, forcing the developers to take influence on the running game, you don't need to know anything more. I think.

It's obviously no coincidence that only fallens are posting the last few posts here, and it shows that you hold together, but sometimes a little less bias becomes somebody. (Online translator  :? <- "makes him look good")

The more Fallens post here, the more drama will be. The intention of my post was a) to tell that I don't approve(d  :wink: ) glitching, as I think it is important for a community to actively show which behaviours are accepted and which are not, and b) just to give the well meant advice to keep this as civil as possible.

I really don't want to see any heads rolling or the like, you glitched, the developers "punished"* you, IMHO this case is closed. I would just like to see a hotfix which fixes this glitch, as some ppl here are right, it would be unfair to punish the Fallens for this, but someone else, using the same glitch, leaving unpunished.

Don't drag me into this.  I don't have anything to do with him.

You can see how terrible everybody thought this whole thing was.
http://youtu.be/R1FUke_kmO0

This only shows how terrible you found your "punishment", not how terrible the other found the glitching.

* And apprearently the punishment was great fun for you, which I believe. I think it was meant less as punishment than simply to even out the "material relations" a bit.
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 30, 2011, 12:09:50 pm »
Your posts are just random sentences put together, it makes me want to cut myself

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 30, 2011, 12:11:49 pm »
+1
cut your face, it would surely be an improvement
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 30, 2011, 12:12:58 pm »
+1
Your posts are just random sentences put together, it makes me want to cut myself

I believe it's a serious case of ''Derpes''.

Should have it checked up.

Offline Gheritarish le Loki

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 30, 2011, 12:14:38 pm »
+2

Do you know that loki and fallen reported that glitch one month ago, they ask to dev to do something, as you know devs are lazy so they did nothing.
Fallen used that glitch and now devs do something, may be one day they will fix it...

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 30, 2011, 12:20:03 pm »
Do you know that loki and fallen reported that glitch one month ago, they ask to dev to do something, as you know devs are lazy so they did nothing.
Fallen used that glitch and now devs do something, may be one day they will fix it...

This changes things, of course.

But still I say then it was 50% devs fault, 50% Fallen fault, because no answer from the devs (and we know they usually NEVER answer or even read anything the community posts, that's how they make their game) doesn't mean you got the "OKAY" to use a glitch you DID see and reported as a glitch before.

In doubt if something is allowed or not better don't do it. That's what I would do, ofc, you decide for yourself.

Offline LastKaze

• Baron
  • Renown: 126
  • Infamy: 38
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: LastKaze
  • IRC nick: LastKaze
« Reply #54 on: November 30, 2011, 11:57:09 pm »
La mort est le commencement de l'immortalité.
~Maximilien François Marie Isidore de Robespierre

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #55 on: December 01, 2011, 12:07:40 am »
La mort est le commencement de l'immortalité.
~Maximilien François Marie Isidore de Robespierre
Death is the beginning of immortality? Google translator for the win.

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 01, 2011, 12:09:17 am »
I don't speak any French. There never was the need to. When we Germans were in France all French were eager to speak German.  :?

Offline Native_ATS

• Knight
  • Renown: 36
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 01, 2011, 12:44:28 pm »
lol you guys didnt think it was unfair?

Offline kongxinga

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Farmers
« Reply #58 on: December 01, 2011, 01:10:10 pm »
Blow it out the left side of your arse you humourless nincompoop.

This game... oh I mean completely free mod developed with what ever spare time is/was available to the devs is a work in progress.

At least they have a sense of humour, this is both a punishment and a slow clap at the brilliant douche baggery of the fallen. Its fare better that they had the back of the hand slapped for finding this floor and exploiting it.

Just chill Winston, chill.

It is always funny if it is not happening to you right? So it is just a barrel of laughs if your clan gets hit by this?

In game explots arising from incomplete design is best solved with in game methods, not magicking out stuff and deriving enjoyment from the sufferring at others. And I am not even Fallen or symphathize with their clan. They did a number on me and my clan in earlier strategus.

I would not even be too bothered if the devs styled themselves the papal states and could give out excommunications, thus letting other clans attack fallen without needing causus belli or stability drop (Europa Universalis FTW). Or even if they attacked with their own papal troops.

UNfortunately the 'Strategus: A social Networking game' design has not been fixed, so these are not possible. So magick back the conditions. Fallen got extra 24 hours and more equipment , perhaps at a better time. So restore the conditions to what was before by teleporting the reinforcements and stuff back, then let the other clan choose a attacking date and time.

But getting jollies at the expense of other using one's own mod reeeks of the localized korean MMO mod "owners" (more like hired employees) giving themselves advantages by magicking ridiculous equipment just to settle petty in game grudges. To these MMO 'owners', it is their game, they have suckered money in, so they can do whatever they want. And yes, crpg has taken money in the form of donations.

This was in poor taste. Just because one can does not mean one should. Don't you people try to put yourself in other's shoes?
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 01:15:32 pm by kongxinga »

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #59 on: December 01, 2011, 04:50:15 pm »
+4
I feel as if I'm in a twilight universe...

Why are so many non-Fallen so displeased about this? I mean, any NA player knows that Native is a lunatic who makes inventive stories up rather often hence his avatar, but what is everyone elses problem exactly?

Angry that the developers are finally playing their game, and instead of removing a thousand troops via typing in the data base, they chose to have fun and let the Fallen have fun as well? Oh god save us all, the devs made strategus fun! The horror! The humanity!

Or is it perhaps that some of you are realizing that Strategus is finally being watched closely by the devs...

Either way stop crying about it... The Fallen Brigade found the solution to be fun and pleasing, the Hospitallers/Occitan force claim that they found the solution to be fun and pleasing, the devs are happy... Why are so many random people harping on it so bad?

Are you so hellbent on drama that you will create it out of nothing? Considering that the devs just released a patch and recently implemented a kick ass launcher (that auto updates, holy hell) as well as WSE, and considering this is the first time the Fallen Brigade have abused a game feature (and openly addmitted it), the reaction from the community is just sad on how many of you are determined to make a shitstorm about nothing...
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.