Poll

Do you approve?

Yes
404 (64.7%)
No
220 (35.3%)

Total Members Voted: 623

Author Topic: Removal of Strange Armour  (Read 42881 times)

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
Re: Removal of Strange Armour
« Reply #375 on: December 12, 2011, 10:11:01 am »
Maybe I like strawberries on pizza and you shouldn't tell me what to do.

maybe the biggest part of a restaurant's customers vomit if they see someone eating strawberries on pizza, so the restaurant owner will say to you: "uhm well.. can you go home to eat this strawberry pizza please?"

and is basically what's happened  :lol:
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 10:12:11 am by Corrado_Decimo »

Offline Ujio

• Knight
  • Renown: 70
  • Infamy: 59
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: December 12, 2011, 09:40:03 pm »
not really. is not anti-japanese... maybe anti hokuto-no-ken/naruto/shinobi/tokugawa era stuff.
i'm a big fan of kurosawa, miyazaki, otomo, etc.. but a stat bugged black samurai armor with a really low res texture and low poly model, fits cRPG like a strawberry on a pizza.

maybe you like it, maybe you don't... but heh facts are facts.

Well, from what Ive seen, whenever someone suggests Japanese gear, regardless of whether its realistic or not, they get the usual spam of "weeaboo!" and "I'm gay for knights so, fuck off" etc. Im a fan of the Japanese warrior, and I think its ridiculous that we have ninja clans running around on the battlefield in black robes, throwing ninja stars about. 

As a fan of Samurai, I want realistic gear and Im pretty sure theirs a significant amount of Samurai players who want the same thing, but unfortunately we all get painted with the same brush. By the way Im also a fan of Kurosawa :) Brilliant director
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

"By protecting Men, you save yourself."

Offline Anwyl

• Baron
  • Renown: 144
  • Infamy: 66
  • cRPG Player
  • I liked cool avatars before they went mainstream.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Coy
  • IRC nick: Coy
« Reply #377 on: December 12, 2011, 09:52:15 pm »
+1
Well, from what Ive seen, whenever someone suggests Japanese gear, regardless of whether its realistic or not, they get the usual spam of "weeaboo!" and "I'm gay for knights so, fuck off" etc. Im a fan of the Japanese warrior, and I think its ridiculous that we have ninja clans running around on the battlefield in black robes, throwing ninja stars about. 

As a fan of Samurai, I want realistic gear and Im pretty sure theirs a significant amount of Samurai players who want the same thing, but unfortunately we all get painted with the same brush. By the way Im also a fan of Kurosawa :) Brilliant director

Weeaboo!

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #378 on: December 12, 2011, 09:54:12 pm »
I have a weeaboo name.

I expect nothing less.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Candiru

• Knight
  • Renown: 54
  • Infamy: 26
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: 22nd_War_Candiru
« Reply #379 on: December 12, 2011, 09:57:26 pm »
There's no reason to remove them. I had a time in this game when I loved Samurai armor.
Human being to the mob..
What’s a mob to a king? What’s a king to a god?
What’s a god to a non-believer? Who don’t believe in anything?

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Renown: 1067
  • Infamy: 90
  • Zen
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan Ninja
  • Game nicks: Khorin/Keyoke/Lujan
  • IRC nick: Khorin
« Reply #380 on: December 12, 2011, 11:43:34 pm »
Regarding the topic: Removing an armour that many like to use is stupid. I mean, I'm annoyed by silly faces, french armour/weapons, moustaches and that mohawk hat but you don't see me crying for removal.

I take lots of inspiration from Akira Kurosawa:
(click to show/hide)

In any case. Hoods with masks are historically accurate. Lamellar vests are historically accurate. Boots are historically accurate. Katanas are historically accurate. If you have a problem with us combining them, then I apologize for my failure. You shouldn't have seen us in the first place.

- Ninja_Khorin, Keeper of Traditions.

Offline Elmetiacos

• Count
  • Renown: 175
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
  • You've probably teamkilled me
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Hot_Chick_with_a_Sword, Dark_Rose_Knight
« Reply #381 on: December 13, 2011, 01:15:02 am »
Now that the Shogunate is no more, the "Strange" items just use up slots.
The word is "anyway" not "anyways". You are not Gabby Hayes.

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #382 on: December 13, 2011, 01:39:04 am »
Anything that is strange or wacky I say we should keep. Felt caps.. deli caps.. strange colored hair... manly mustaches... strange armor. They bring some spice into the mod and make it more fun.

So basically...

Offline Candiru

• Knight
  • Renown: 54
  • Infamy: 26
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: 22nd_War_Candiru
« Reply #383 on: December 13, 2011, 01:44:47 am »
Now that the Shogunate is no more, the "Strange" items just use up slots.

You make no sense. What slots? I see plenty of people using the samurai gear even though there's no more Shogunate. Oh wait, if I want to make a clan then somone has to create new armors for the sake of it? Cool story!
Human being to the mob..
What’s a mob to a king? What’s a king to a god?
What’s a god to a non-believer? Who don’t believe in anything?

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #384 on: December 13, 2011, 02:32:03 am »

you should not mind the "buhu weeabo!" trolls around. the fact is black armor texture and model sucks too.

for instance the heavier samurai armors are not bad, the helmets are really well done.

Regarding the topic: Removing an armour that many like to use is stupid. I mean, I'm annoyed by silly faces, french armour/weapons, moustaches and that mohawk hat but you don't see me crying for removal.

I take lots of inspiration from Akira Kurosawa:
(click to show/hide)

In any case. Hoods with masks are historically accurate. Lamellar vests are historically accurate. Boots are historically accurate. Katanas are historically accurate. If you have a problem with us combining them, then I apologize for my failure. You shouldn't have seen us in the first place.

- Ninja_Khorin, Keeper of Traditions.

Khorin, following the japanese tradition and mentality of perfection, you should snob those techincally fugly bad modeled / bad textured armors.

anyway i just want to make clear that there is people that troll with the weaboo story, people that call you racist because you don't like a virtual armor and finally people that try to explain where the issue is.

i'm in the last one because i stated several times that the biggest issue for the light samurai armor was the bugged lordly stat applied. the texture and the model is not well done but is not an issue to see that around.

now that the stats are fixed, there is no point in removing it. i would gladly change my vote for the non-removal.

Offline Snoozer

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 58
  • Faction:Knights Hospitaller
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: December 13, 2011, 10:14:11 am »
personally i do not know why light armors dont have the same loom buff as heavy armors

thats just my two cents and so far no one has really givin me a god reason i dont even remember any of them i was like "how the fuck is

the a reason" it should be a boost across the board things shouldnt get less becauss there cheaper to buy you still put the same amount

of looms in it
Good Bye Lost Legion R.I.P Q_Q

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Renown: 1067
  • Infamy: 90
  • Zen
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan Ninja
  • Game nicks: Khorin/Keyoke/Lujan
  • IRC nick: Khorin
« Reply #386 on: December 13, 2011, 10:34:07 am »
Khorin, following the japanese tradition and mentality of perfection, you should snob those techincally fugly bad modeled / bad textured armors.
Zen is not about achieving perfection when playing the game. Zen is about playing the game.

Or like the wise Samurai said:
"They are all puuhfect."
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 10:37:26 am by Ninja_Khorin »

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: December 13, 2011, 12:15:07 pm »
+1
Zen is not about achieving perfection when playing the game. Zen is about playing the game.

Or like the wise Samurai said:
"They are all puuhfect."

no has nothing to do with zen. japanese aim for perfection, everytime for everything. katanas are an example... but also my good old '95 Honda 1.6 VTI is another example of japanese perfection.

Offline Elmetiacos

• Count
  • Renown: 175
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
  • You've probably teamkilled me
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Hot_Chick_with_a_Sword, Dark_Rose_Knight
« Reply #388 on: December 14, 2011, 02:52:34 pm »
You make no sense. What slots? I see plenty of people using the samurai gear even though there's no more Shogunate. Oh wait, if I want to make a clan then somone has to create new armors for the sake of it? Cool story!
The more armours are in play the more resources the mod needs, I believe. The "strange" armours don't fit into the game which is built on a world resembling Europe and Western Asia but they were justified because there was a clan of weeaboos. Now there isn't, so they're not.
The word is "anyway" not "anyways". You are not Gabby Hayes.

Offline Zerran

• Count
  • Renown: 276
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Caita_KUTT, Fellys_KUTT
« Reply #389 on: December 17, 2011, 11:06:33 am »
So basically you want to remove some armor that some people find visually unappealing and that is perhaps slightly low quality, yet you add in GARBAGE like the deli cap and keep black plate and studded leather? I mean... seriously?

I used the strange armor when I first started, it helped me get into the mod. I though "Ok, cool, I can wear something totally different than native here, I'll give it a try." In the mean time i never use it, but I think a lot of new players have the same thought process when they first start playing. It's a good armor set to get new players to try the mod out while they grind through the phase of having a 0:75 kd.

Let's face it, this mod is not fun in the slightest because of gameplay for newer players. For a more experienced player the gameplay by itself is enough to keep them playing, but for a newbie who might get 1-2 kills in their first day or two it can be really frustrating. Letting them have something really and truly DIFFERENT from native to work towards gives them a goal and can help keep them playing.

Honestly I don't get the people saying strange armor is what pulls them out of their immersion when you have people running around naked, wearing bridal dresses, or running through the battlefield with a torch held up, doing no fighting. The strange armor set is a bit weird in a primarily European/Middle Eastern setting, but by no means is it the most abnormal thing you see in any round.

If you really NEED to get rid of something, why not start by taking out black plate (which really is crap quality) and that god damn deli cap? (I really hate that thing, even if I am being a bit hypocritical.)