Author Topic: What is happening to mount and blade. less than 50 people on NA. is this the end  (Read 14885 times)

Offline Templar_Ratigan

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
+1
ok guys you all hyped me enuff.

installing that... skyram.. skydream.. skycream.

I wouldnt buy or play something JUST because others hype it.

I usually try to get an idea of  the game first and if I will like it before hand. Afterall I got Skyrim for something to just...play, just for fun and to mess around and be creative in.

It's not often I get to enjoy a game like that these days. Although there is always Spore.....penis monsters or not.
He reached for his pants and grabbed the cheese, missing the bees whose honey he needs.

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
I wouldnt buy or play something JUST because others hype it.

I usually try to get an idea of  the game first and if I will like it before hand. Afterall I got Skyrim for something to just...play, just for fun and to mess around and be creative in.

It's not often I get to enjoy a game like that these days. Although there is always Spore.....penis monsters or not.

you're right but i'm still playing arma2 and most of all 7.62 high calibre / bluesun mod. So Skyrim is just a toy compared to these 2 and therefore i'll maybe play it later.

anyway looks like developers keep doing console ports... no more PC games. but even as a native pc game like oblivion, once you see mount&blade fighting system, well... oblivion and skyrim are no match.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
cRPG is still superior to all games, people will be back, dont worry. And if a patch is released soon i will definitely start playing alot more.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Patricia

• Baron
  • Renown: 108
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
+3
I just started playing cRPG two weeks ago and I'm hooked. Actually, I started playing M&B like two years ago or whenever it came out, and I'm astonished that no other company is making something like this. Part of the reason I don't understand people who play archers - the economics of their kill-power aside - is that I like this game because it's like an FPS but way more visceral. I love the clusterfuck melees, poke-sticks and enormous axes and shit flying everywhere. Why would I want to dick around in Call of Duty, Battlefield, or whathaveyou when I can pretend to be a fucking KNIGHT? Playing an archer just seems like a cop-out: I may as well go play Counter Strike.

So if this game dies, when it is quite literally unique (unless I'm missing something big, here; if there's something like M&B out there, other than Die By the Sword, do tell), I will blame it on the lameness of everyone that is not me and this community.

Also: the idea of computer-based RPGs is dumb. Go play D&D like a real man.

Ahhh, the glorious innocence of a new player.

Boy do I miss the time when I saw melee as fun and didn't know about broken game mechanics, rather than everyone abusing everything that's bad about melee such as hiltslash spamming or the laggier than fuck servers with all the long pokey sticks that stabs you through walls or bodies of flesh you're fighting.

Good old days.

Offline Earthdforce

• Earl
  • Renown: 391
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Earth_Geodude_da_Defender, _RageThrower
  • IRC nick: Khalestimo#7613
+1

Boy do I miss the time when I saw melee as fun and didn't know about broken game mechanics, rather than everyone abusing everything that's bad about melee such as hiltslash spamming or the laggier than fuck servers with all the long pokey sticks that stabs you through walls or bodies of flesh you're fighting.

Good old days.
Well you just ruined it for the poor boy. How do you feel?!?!?

Offline BlackMilk

• Polearm Lover
  • Earl
  • Renown: 370
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: el_Banduri
+1
Its probably because battle - due to the amount of ranged - sucks.

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
Its probably because battle - due to the amount of ranged - sucks.

that's why i just have EU_3, EU_2, EU_5 on my fav list  :lol:

Good old days.

why call them "broken game mechanics"... i call em "fighting techniques". oblique overheads at the edge of the block hitting then feet or ankles... overhead block stun, "instant swing" unbalanced animation bug, longspear facehug succesful thrusts...
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 10:24:48 am by Corrado_Decimo »

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
cRPG is still superior to all games, people will be back, dont worry. And if a patch is released soon i will definitely start playing alot more.

Lol u high?

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 04:41:14 pm by Corrado_Decimo »

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2300
  • Infamy: 1602
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
you're right but i'm still playing arma2 and most of all 7.62 high calibre / bluesun mod. So Skyrim is just a toy compared to these 2 and therefore i'll maybe play it later.

anyway looks like developers keep doing console ports... no more PC games. but even as a native pc game like oblivion, once you see mount&blade fighting system, well... oblivion and skyrim are no match.

Dude, Oblivion isn't native PC game. Morrowind was and it was ported to original Xbox, but Oblivion is multiplatform game.

Good old days.

You're right but... there are still moments like these where you take 3 or 4 of those "pro" players just because they are dumb as bricks (and therefore need to learn those "techniques" to be able to compete).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfXvs2jf2DU

Offline Razzen

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Razzen
  • IRC nick: Razzen
+1
Yes, this is the end.

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
killing people with hiltslash is never fun anyway :P kill them like a man!
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Dude, Oblivion isn't native PC game. Morrowind was and it was ported to original Xbox, but Oblivion is multiplatform game.

by native i mean programmed for a core platform. if gets ported to zillion toy consoles, don't mean it is not done mainly for the PC.

but that's not the point. the point is that oblivion/skyrim have the second best fighting gameplay while M&B fighting system is imo the milestone to consider.
the other classic click RPGs can't even fit in cos is just a dice roll. the only RPG i liked for the combat system (way before M&B 1.0) was dark age of camelot. still a roll dice but there was hit chains, riposte attacks, on evade, on block, on parry, positional moves (flanks, front, rear) and stealth moves (front, rear).

Offline godhanger

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: godhanger
C-rpg is our little Valhalla, where we do battle with the same beloved ruffians every day.
People on hiatus will end up back here in due time.