Author Topic: What are you listening to?  (Read 304057 times)

Offline Tagora

• Duke
  • Renown: 522
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
  • there's bollocks in yr tea
    • View Profile
    • ClickCLICKclickCLICKCLICKCLICK
  • Faction: Dubliners
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2340 on: May 28, 2014, 02:24:22 am »
+2
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

http://steamcommunity.com/id/tagora/

c h e l s e a  b o y s

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #2341 on: May 28, 2014, 05:38:09 am »
+5
how bout some beats

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Tagora

• Duke
  • Renown: 522
  • cRPG Player
  • there's bollocks in yr tea
    • View Profile
    • ClickCLICKclickCLICKCLICKCLICK
  • Faction: Dubliners
« Reply #2342 on: May 28, 2014, 05:42:21 am »
+5

http://steamcommunity.com/id/tagora/

c h e l s e a  b o y s

Offline Tiger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 853
  • Infamy: 57
  • cRPG Player
  • Made In China
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: TigerGirl; MooMooMilk; BobaBubbleTea; TerraCotta; Tuberculosis; BoomStickGirl
« Reply #2343 on: May 28, 2014, 06:34:50 am »
+3
I love the GuQin.
I think the song name is Flowing Water
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 06:39:01 am by Tiger »

"The long united must divide; the long divided must unite."
"How many things, before and after, all melt into gossip and laughter."

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #2344 on: May 29, 2014, 09:54:59 pm »
+2
If you use last.fm a lot to scrobble your music, the "personal radio station" based on your listens is really good. I rarely find myself skipping a song. I like it better than spotify and other music scrobblers because the related artists on a band's page are excellent for finding new music.

« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 12:05:45 am by WITCHCRAFT »

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Kirman

• Duke
  • Renown: 609
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tormatun
  • Game nicks: Kirman/Namrik/Anmirk/Riknam
« Reply #2345 on: May 29, 2014, 10:35:50 pm »
+4

Offline vipere

• Marshall
  • Renown: 793
  • Infamy: 73
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Lunasa
« Reply #2346 on: May 30, 2014, 12:26:45 am »
+4

Offline Chosen1

• Noble
  • Renown: 23
  • Infamy: 1016
  • cRPG Player
  • din do nuffin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Castile
  • Game nicks: Chosen1, Matteo, El_Cid
« Reply #2347 on: May 30, 2014, 12:39:26 am »
I'm sorry I hurt your feelings cmp, I would feel pretty bad too if I was a useless no life virgin who spent his adulthood making video games LOL
its ok though, now i have more time to - all the posters i dont like
But I wrote a poem that I would like you all to read

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2348 on: May 30, 2014, 01:38:23 am »
+4
(click to show/hide)

IF YOU WANNA SLAM
THEN WELCOME TO THE JAM

Fun fact: Space Jam and Gangnam Style are played at the exact same number of beats per minute. This means you don't even have to TRY to make a mash-up.

Sadly, there isn't a youtube link to this song. But this is worth clicking the link to listen to. It's the best mash-up ever.

Thomas the Dank Engine - Smoke Coal Every Day

Offline Tiger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 853
  • Infamy: 57
  • cRPG Player
  • Made In China
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: TigerGirl; MooMooMilk; BobaBubbleTea; TerraCotta; Tuberculosis; BoomStickGirl
« Reply #2349 on: May 30, 2014, 03:22:05 am »
+4
Few of my favorite study songs

Second one 4 hours long, I like :D

"The long united must divide; the long divided must unite."
"How many things, before and after, all melt into gossip and laughter."

Offline Ramza

• Earl
  • Renown: 344
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
  • @aeonslife
    • View Profile
    • Aeonslife
  • Faction: Remnant
  • Game nicks: Trisection_Ramza
« Reply #2350 on: May 30, 2014, 09:33:48 am »
+2
Next Music From Tokyo is a music tour across Canada featuring bands from Japan: playing in Toronto, Montreal, and finally Vancouver. It was started by Steven Tanaka; he pays out of his own pocket to fly these bands out and spread music from the underground Japanese scene. If you're in Canada, I'd highly recommend going to see this show. It happens at least once a year, and I promise the music transcends any sort of language barrier there may be.

I had the pleasure of seeing these Japanese bands live in Vancouver last week. It was truly one of the best nights of my life; everyone played amazingly well. The songs inspired me so much and gave me a new musical passion at a time when I thought I was going to give up on it.

Kinoko Teikoku - Taikutsu Shinogi (which translates to boredom, or killing time)
The song means a lot to me and got me started into listening Japanese music, and luckily enough they opened their set with this song. Even though I don't understand Japanese, the melancholic tone to the lyrics is enough to give me a very surreal feeling. I was just overwhelmed with emotions when they were playing their set. I got a chance to meet their drummer when I went up to buy their albums, and they all seemed so humble and genuine on stage. I was so happy to finally hear them live.

Uchu Conbini - Pyramid
The sweetness of the vocals really blew me away. They have a lot of sound for a 3-piece band; their instrumentals are very rich and lush. Every song was so beautiful. I was in a dark, intimate venue but they made me feel like I was standing in a park during a sunny day. I'm definitely a huge fan now.

Jizue - 「sun」
My ears were won over by the uniqueness of their sound. They have so much variety in their music, from post-rock guitars to jazzy piano scales and drums. It was a breath of fresh air; they all have so much technical ability and band chemistry. When they went from a drum solo, to a piano solo, to a guitar solo, to a bass solo during one of their songs, I was in awe of what they managed to pull off musically.

Happy!Mari - kids
These guys were full of energy, their sound was so creative and in-the-moment. They mentioned that it was their last tour in Canada and that the band might be breaking up. Hearing that was very sad, since no one really sounds like them. The one thing I think that might be holding them back from mainstream popularity (at least in Japan) is their high-pitched, raspy vocals, which may take a second listen to understand where the vocalist is coming from. I've grown to appreciate his ability to convey raw emotion, and his versatility to go from melodic and soft, to intense and explosive.

« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 09:42:16 am by Ramza »

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2351 on: May 30, 2014, 10:20:53 am »
+3
Ramza, my brother is really into Japanese stuff. He took four years of Japanese in college, and used to host a Japanese music blog for English-speakers with lots of obscure and underground music. It was ruined when the hosting site he used (rapidshare/megashare I think?) got completely shut down and all the album links were lost. If you're interested send me a PM and I'll see if he can hook you up with some really cool shit you'd otherwise never hear.

I got into Japanese music when I used to watch anime with him, so I can share some Japanese artists I like. They're great and unique compared to anything US-based, but if you want more send me that PM. I'll ask him for some recommendations.

I've posted some of these before, but here's the shit:

Sorry the last two have cheesy awful anime music videos. Couldn't find a youtube link without one. But I love both of those songs.

Geskia! is good if you like ambient electronic stuff, but I can't find anything on youtube for my favorite tracks.

Offline Yarl

• Count
  • Renown: 173
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Yarl
« Reply #2352 on: May 30, 2014, 10:43:25 pm »
+2

Offline the real god emperor