Author Topic: AI village inventories  (Read 884 times)

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
AI village inventories
« on: October 30, 2011, 07:00:15 am »
Am I the only one that thinks they're really stupid?

For example I'm a thrower, the village provides hundreds of rocks, knives & darts that couldnt possibly all be used in the battle.  So instead of providing useful mid tier throwing items with real STOPPING, village just keeps a bunch of crap that wont ever be used.  Buying these items should be a last resort if village has been getting attacked and no longer has money to buy the items with STOPPING POWER.

Same is true with the spears.  So instead of buying a useful item for dedicated pikeman such as bamboo spear, it buys 300 shit boar spears & shortened spears, which are redundant (fast use with shield hoplite weapons).

Village had something like 150+ throwing knives at a cost of 74k, could have been much better used for daggers, stars, franciscas or regular axes.  Why is village buying darts when noone has armor anyways?

These peasant brawls are getting old real quick, increase revenue so at least mid-tier armor/weapons are available.

Offline Thucydides

• Baron
  • Renown: 129
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • I shat Uranus
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Thucydides
Re: AI village inventories
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2011, 07:25:26 am »
i agree, what the hell is the point of getting a shorten spear anyways? its so goddamn ineffective in a giant gankfest like strat

Offline Plaksteris

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
  • I Potato love.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Latvian Potato Empire
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2011, 09:19:06 am »
These are villages, AND DEFENDERS ARE FARMERS DAMNIT, what the hell you want, plated chargers, armets and gothic plates, with flamberges, throwing lances and siege towers. Armor I think is a bit fucked up, c'mon strange sets? ;D
I Potato Wanna Be.

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2011, 09:26:42 am »
These are villages, AND DEFENDERS ARE FARMERS DAMNIT, what the hell you want, plated chargers, armets and gothic plates, with flamberges, throwing lances and siege towers. Armor I think is a bit fucked up, c'mon strange sets? ;D

Farmers with 74k worth of throwing knives that could have been made into daggers, stars or axes instead of worthless knives.  PT 1,2 & 3 weapons are hardly the shit you mentioned.  Stay of the out of the thread if you cant say something halfway intelligent
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 09:30:41 am by Digglez »

Offline Plaksteris

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
  • I Potato love.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Latvian Potato Empire
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2011, 09:48:14 am »
Farmers with 74k worth of throwing knives that could have been made into daggers, stars or axes instead of worthless knives.  PT 1,2 & 3 weapons are hardly the shit you mentioned.  Stay of the out of the thread if you cant say something halfway intelligent

No, never!

And maybe they "crafted" those knives, why everything is about money.
I Potato Wanna Be.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2011, 02:59:53 pm »
Digglez, you topped the charts last fight against TKoV using those throwing weapons.  You took over half my health every time you threw a dart at me adn 2 killed me.  Youa re fighting other peasants, those throwing darts and knives have more ammo and are far more eeffective agaisnt such a force than the high-end stuff.  Nomad bows and xbows are pretty solid.  Buys ladders and even got a construction site and enough cosntruction material for a healing tent, which i think is a pretty good job for the buying system.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2011, 05:40:05 pm »
villages should have pikes, or at least bamboo spears since these are pretty basic peasant weapons

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2011, 06:11:22 pm »
villages should have pikes, or at least bamboo spears since these are pretty basic peasant weapons
Nope. Those are basic peasants in an army weapons. If it was peasants defeinding their homes, they should have very simple weapons. If they are village "militia", they should have spears, maces and axes. Pikes are for armies.

On the normal topic, though. I think we should instead make custom made equipment for every village. They aren't really gonna get any troops, and this way we could give them ok-mathcing weapons and armour. It could also make the equipment more varied by having different sets for different villages. Also, different "themes" for the different villages? More axes and bows in the north, more spears and xbows in the west, more throwing in the south etc.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Shik

• Duke
  • Renown: 510
  • Infamy: 90
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Gilmore Girls
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2011, 06:18:23 pm »
Also, different "themes" for the different villages? More axes and bows in the north, more spears and xbows in the west, more throwing in the south etc.
nope, kazakh weeaboo pilgrims forever, in every village.

@topic: I think village inventories generally provide usable gear for all classes. throwing knives and stones are widely accessible due to their low requirement, and decent against low armor targets.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 06:20:45 pm by Shik »