Author Topic: Rename "skip the fun" to "save some time" && fatigue system && family inventory  (Read 1697 times)

Offline Frell

• Baron
  • Renown: 117
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Frell, Valperga
This is pretty much going to be a rant and suggestion in one, so bare with me.

Ive been playing CRPG for quite a while now, and recently came back after 3 months of not really gaming just to realize this game isn't totally logical... If you were going for a more fast paced/skilled game that isn't realistic (like GunZ or COD), you didn't hit it perfectly really.

So to start:

Skip the fun
Since the school year is back and all I never realized how long leveling took. When I first got this game I played constantly 24/7 for a week during the summer, not once making it to 31. 30 was hell enough, and by then I wanted to respec.

In CRPG I pretty much blow until about 25, which is where the ingame speed can finally cope with my reflexes and I can start racking up kills. So WHY... WHYY must I sit through the "peasant stage" over and over again? You know what this makes me do? Play battle, get myself killed, watch TV, repeat.

Also, whats with the high proficiency numbers? Can we not dumb down some stuff to just make it less of a numerical mess? I dont mean mess with the mechanics, just scale the numbers down.

Fatigue system
WAHH WAHH people complain about PO, 2H, and 1H all being over powered, too fast, etc etc, but in reality those things are actually perfect. Its the energy involved that doesnt make sense. I've never seen a sword fighter in real like "fake" swings and change directions almost instantly, and then repeatedly swing with no down time.

We basically just need a simple Fatigue system where for every "swing" (full or not) it exerts energy, being hit takes energy too (but not nearly as much) raising your shield shouldnt exert energy though, seeing as how it is possible to hold up your shield and swing in real life, but ingame you're forced to raise/lower.

For the sake of reaction time, manual blocking shouldn't exert energy either, unless they take a hit, as with shields.

This will basically just tone down the fake swings and spam swings, and actually force players to predict their targets next move, instead of running into a crowd with a PO and smashing everyone.

Family inventory
Allow characters to share one gold pile and inventory, that is all. Theres no consequence here just more convenient.

My view points arent solid, but I feel these need discussing.

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
first woo

A single inventory could result in a flood of items on the market. I know I would flood the market.

Do we really need a fatigue system? Is that going to make you better at the game? Will it make it more strategic and interesting?

I've got no idea! I do know that there is actually a fair amount of depth to the game play.

I personally am in favor of battle mode being improved, like having flags spawn at the start of a round instead of at the end of it, instead of it being a way of dealing with roof trolls it could be a fantastic way to liven up battle mode, and its been said like a million times!
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 09:26:10 am by dangah »
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Frell

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
What? A single inventory wouldn't change anything lol.

The fatigue system would make the game more realistic by punishing swing fakers and spammers, faking was never done in medieval times because it made you "open" as soon as the other person realized you weren't going to take the full swing, and it only partially makes sense for 1h, faking with 2h and po makes no sense.

It will make the game more about predicting and anticipating your enemies next move, not what it currently is with swinging Walmart plastic swords like crazy and fooling people.

I don't want battle to be improved, it helps me get trough the first 25 bullshit levels while being partially afk.

Offline SchokoSchaf

• Knight
  • Renown: 61
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolpertinger
  • Game nicks: Eats grass
  • IRC nick: Schoko
Regarding on how much outcome this discussion will have, it should be moved to the "realism" section.
määääääääääh!

Offline Frell

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Well this isn't real, but more realistic

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
Faking didn't exist? True that was called feinting, so how do to to materialize feinting with the game engine? It's impossible, so we have "fake" attack to represent feinting.

Imo, you whine about ppl owning you with feint (fake), you should learn to do it instead of wanting to nerf ppl that know how to do it.
Btw, if this was implemented this will make the game pretty boring, attack, block, attack, block, attack, block, never ending...

About realism, it has never be a good way to balance a game, there is many many things that are unrealistic but that give better game play, i agree some are retarded but you can't do everything with a game engine.

Offline Frell

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
I don't whine, Its just annoying when people with weapons longer than their bodies can switch directions so easily. PO doing right swing and then instantly changing to a left swing is extremely unrealistic

This is how people act in M&B: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kShlU4gJcms&feature=related

Which is mainly why I prefer Age of Chivalry.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 09:20:40 pm by frell »

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • Renown: 738
  • Infamy: 254
  • cRPG Player
  • In honour of Pepe the kindest baguette
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild, Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
  • IRC nick: Peso
Lol:

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 05:15:50 pm by sF_Guardian »
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
Feinting is part of the game... I would not want to beat the computer on the hardest settings in Native Singleplayer without feinting for that would be boring and long as crap in melee fight...

What next, complain about chambering?
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
CHAMBERING IS OP AND UNREALISTIC O.O

yay, thats next :D

and they want to have 360 degree protection with 2 shields ...

Fuckin nabz with all their stupid suggestions :D
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.

Offline Chen1201

• Noble
  • Renown: 15
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
THE PHYSICS DONT ADD UP MAN THIS SUCKS

Offline duurrr

• Knight
  • Renown: 65
  • Infamy: 97
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: kekeeke
I love when bad players come up with dumb melee suggestions because they suck at it.  :lol:

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I am not at liberty to say.
(click to show/hide)

They've been discussed. Sigh. Just.. sigh.

If you've never been effective until level 25, find a build. try 18/18 - hard to mess that up.

Instead of getting mad, either read guides, or, accept you are going to die.. a lot, and observe how you are dying.

I do not make it a habit of close up observations of swordsman and fatigue in 'reality'. Seems something better left to games.

I like the way you can not make farmer characters for your other ones.
Alas nodachi
remembers glorious spring
a tin can's hatchet.
http://www.moddb.com/members/psychotropicdog

Offline Frell

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Is there any control changes good manual blockers use?

Right clicking + movement and simultaneously using the mouse to steer messes up my blocking alot because ill be trying to move and block at the same time, and JUST wasd is problematic.

Im using the 21/18 build right now, how can people with long PO hit me in between my 2h swings? Or is the common PO build based on Ag?

Could you show me some guides for how to approach other 2hers, spammers, POs, and shielders? When I see other people do it it doesn't seem very tactical, you just need to go berserk and keep pushing at them swinging like crazy

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
I use right klick for blockin. Dont know a decent player who uses somethin else.
Just train blockin a while on duel servers, its very easy to learn and a must have for bein good in melee.

Everyone can hit between ur hits, thats how this game works.
Against a decent player u cant spam, even if hes using a pike or Long Maul
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 10:50:57 pm by sF_Guardian »