Author Topic: 60 min transfer window causing problems  (Read 720 times)

Offline Dehitay

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
60 min transfer window causing problems
« on: October 15, 2011, 12:28:28 am »
You can currently click a button that allows you to open a 60 minute transfer window so that other people can transfer stuff to you. I'm assuming this was done due to that one battle last Strat when one faction dumped tons of useless gear on another faction making it difficult for them to properly equip themselves. It's great that you took precautions, but this particular one is causing a great deal of a handicap. It would work perfectly if everybody you ever needed to trade with played at the exact same time as you, but that's not going to be the case for any clan with more than 5 people. In order for me to hand off troops or equipment, I need the reciever to allow transfer 60 minutes at the most before I can hand over my stuff. Since I'm in a global clan and a lot of these guys are in different time zones, I can go days without being able to transfer depending on which clanmates are near me.

Also, the solution implemented doesn't entirely solve the original problem. In the majority of cases, if somebody is in a battle, they could very well want reinforcements and extra supplies from their allies. It's entirely likely they'll allow transfers. Then the enemy could just as easily crap equipment bomb them. I think a better solution would be to make on and off buttons for allowing transfers. One button to allow transfers from anybody in your faction and one button to allow transfers from anybody. That way people could just turn on their allow faction transfers and leave it on. Then when they want to trade with others, turn on the allow anybody and turn it back off when they're done

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
  • Renown: 789
  • Infamy: 229
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BS
Re: 60 min transfer window causing problems
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2011, 12:34:55 am »
crap equipment is the best people have these days!! Please equip bomb me!
Leader of BS

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2011, 01:26:38 am »
uhh last time i checked, you can transfer freely amongst members of your own faction without having to hit the kesh button. only causes issue when transfer with players who are in a different faction.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2011, 03:01:14 am »
uhh last time i checked, you can transfer freely amongst members of your own faction without having to hit the kesh button. only causes issue when transfer with players who are in a different faction.

:wink:
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Dehitay

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2011, 09:20:23 am »

Turns out you're right, and now I feel like an idiot. Problem was that a significant amount of the clanmates in the village with me aren't in the faction yet. Honestly, you would think Loki would be in Fallen already, but....