45 (36.9%)
no
22 (18%)
13 is enough
8 (6.6%)
15 or more
47 (38.5%)

Total Members Voted: 122

Author Topic: [STATS] Steel Pick requirement raise to 14  (Read 4136 times)

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: [STATS] Steel Pick requirement raise to 14
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2011, 04:57:34 pm »
Chances are they've already taken a look at the steel pick, seeing as there's been much talk about it for a long time.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2011, 04:58:55 pm »
How about balance? This is about having an extreme agi build with a steel pick.

no different than agi whores with short fast 2h swords.  Lets raise longsword to 18 STR, thats about how stupid your argument sounds.  People who yield steel pick sacrifice powerstrike for atheltics so they can actually hit with this short piece of junk....THATS the balance already done for you.

Steel pick cant even hit you if you are back pedaling its so short unless they do a right swing, which is a death sentence against any moderately skilled player.

Offline RiPLeY_II

• Knight
  • Renown: 48
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SHoDaN_THe_SHieLDBReaKeR, RiPLeY_THe_TaLeNTeD
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2011, 05:27:23 pm »
Digglez, longsword deals the damage its supposed to deal, in range with other 2h. Steel pick doesn't.Actually building an AGI build is supposed to be sacryficing the damage you deal.

In the situation we have now, you can make a build that it is only efficient with the steel pick. If we remove it from the game, and we tell those agi whores "come, use another weapon", they have a really shitty character.

That's not the case with 2h swords, they deal damage because thery're supposed to do so (and you can tell a 2h agi whore "come use another weapon" and still be efficient, not like 1h 12 str builds ....). Were talking bout a 1h weapon that makes BY ITSELF (with no help of an STR build, just 12 str required) more damage than any other 1h, allowing to make agi builds without sacrifice. Even the lenght is not a drawback, cause the pick allows you to reach 24 or 27 agi at lvl 30 (and thus bypass efficiently the "lenght drawback") easily and that's because of .............. YES! ITS REQUIREMENT!

Anyway i can't see why youre so mad at this, I'm not talking about changing the pick stats, just about raising it requirement ............................ it will still be as damaging as you want, but not for 12 str chars  .....................

PD: saying someone argument is stupid, actually makes yours stupid.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 05:59:45 pm by RiPLeY_II »

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2011, 06:17:30 pm »
Digglez, longsword deals the damage its supposed to deal, in range with other 2h. Steel pick doesn't.Actually building an AGI build is supposed to be sacryficing the damage you deal.

It is with a steel pick as well. Or are you saying that 24 strength and 8 PS Steel Pick char deals the same damage as 12 str 4 PS Steel Pick char?
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2011, 06:20:52 pm »
You can do a 12/27 build with a steel pick and perform extremely well, dealing damage comparable to 24/15 or whatever.  Pretty imbalanced IMO, good suggestion.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2973
  • Infamy: 1936
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2011, 06:22:36 pm »
It is with a steel pick as well. Or are you saying that 24 strength and 8 PS Steel Pick char deals the same damage as 12 str 4 PS Steel Pick char?

From my experience speed bonus is more important than 2 added PS, of course if you can utilize it properly.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2011, 07:11:59 pm »
From my experience speed bonus is more important than 2 added PS, of course if you can utilize it properly.

I don't see how speed bonus would really be all that useful unless you're surprising someone and have the chance to sprint at them.. when you're fighting, you won't really be able to utilize speed bonus, especially with a pick.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2011, 12:35:42 am »
You can do a 12/27 build with a steel pick and perform extremely well, dealing damage comparable to 24/15 or whatever.  Pretty imbalanced IMO, good suggestion.

Same though from me.
Steel pick having only 12str req is... a joke.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline RiPLeY_II

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2011, 01:40:37 am »
I don't see how speed bonus would really be all that useful unless you're surprising someone and have the chance to sprint at them.. when you're fighting, you won't really be able to utilize speed bonus, especially with a pick.

Quick question Xant. Did you ever use a steel pick with 12str  4ps? if not, do it, then swith to whatever 1h sword or axe you like. Then tell the difference
It's unplayable with every weapon ... but a steel pick.

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2011, 02:09:23 am »
Ripley, you forget that you'll be like paper if you have such low strength and IF. If you decide to wear armor, that defeats the whole point of building up your agi.

IMO, it's more effective to have at least 5-6 PS, even with a pick.

My 55 body armor (non-loomed) character with a (+3) steel pick has around a 3.2 K/D which isn't too shabby. He has 24 strength and 15 agi. Before that, I was doing around the same performance with 12 agi.

I really only want the increase in STR requirement for pick only because it makes sense since it's the highest tier pick. 15 STR requirement is fine imo.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 02:10:39 am by san. »

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2011, 02:52:55 am »
Were talking bout a 1h weapon that makes BY ITSELF (with no help of an STR build, just 12 str required) more damage than any other 1h, allowing to make agi builds without sacrifice. Even the lenght is not a drawback, cause the pick allows you to reach 24 or 27 agi at lvl 30 (and thus bypass efficiently the "lenght drawback") easily and that's because of .............. YES! ITS REQUIREMENT!

Anyway i can't see why youre so mad at this, I'm not talking about changing the pick stats, just about raising it requirement ............................ it will still be as damaging as you want, but not for 12 str chars  .....................

PD: saying someone argument is stupid, actually makes yours stupid.

Laugh, you think steel pick is the most damaging 1H?  Explain why you do not see EVERY SINGLE 1H using STEEL PICK and armies of 1h using it then?  Your observations are grossly incorrect and can be backed up by server log/stats, which they've already done before.  They account for less than 1% of all deaths on EU servers.  Not like Bec's & Longswords that are probably 10-15% between them.

Clearly you've never done 1h for any extent of time. Steel pick is a poor general use weapon and is only useful when dealing with multiple heavily armored opponents.

Offline RiPLeY_II

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2011, 03:05:19 am »

Clearly you've never done 1h for any extent of time. Steel pick is a poor general use weapon and is only useful when dealing with multiple heavily armored opponents.

You're right, not very long, just 10 generations in a row, pure shielder, from beggining to end, till today ... maybe not enough to know more than you about this......

anyway, you know, the poll is there ... and people seem to be seeying it more my way than yours ... we can discuss whatever we want, but this is just made for balancing group to take numbers into consideration, that's all.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 03:14:15 am by RiPLeY_II »

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2011, 11:31:11 am »
Quick question Xant. Did you ever use a steel pick with 12str  4ps? if not, do it, then swith to whatever 1h sword or axe you like. Then tell the difference
It's unplayable with every weapon ... but a steel pick.

Swords and axes aren't as short as steelpick... axes have bonus vs shield..

And no, I'm not stupid, I'd never make a 4 PS 1hander.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline RiPLeY_II

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2011, 12:49:43 pm »
Swords and axes aren't as short as steelpick... axes have bonus vs shield..

And no, I'm not stupid, I'd never make a 4 PS 1hander.

It's ok swords and axes are longer and axe have bonus vs shield ... pick is more damaging ... but then again PICK HAs LESSER REQUIREMENT.

It's not about the pick stats i repeat again, it's about its requirement!

Anda if you weren't so smart, maybe you could discover that a 4ps shielder is perfectly playable and highly effective .... with a steel pick ... but not with any  other weapon, that's what i'm trying to end with.

Just skip the fun with a secondary character and go 12-24 or 12-27 and use the steel pick. Even not loomed, it deals damage like hell, oftenly 1-hitting medium-high armored guys.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 01:01:40 pm by RiPLeY_II »

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2011, 01:06:20 pm »
So make it 15 requirement and then you'll have 15-24 shielders that deal even more damage than those with 4 PS..? Brilliant plan. 4 PS steelpick can be effective yes.... you are trading damage and hitpoints for those athletics.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.