Author Topic: Few questions about map editor  (Read 1215 times)

Offline Chagan_Arslan

• Earl
  • Renown: 372
  • Infamy: 155
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Chagan_Arslan
Few questions about map editor
« on: February 01, 2011, 12:36:02 am »
Hey, i have two questions about map editor

1. Is it possible to do something like ctrl+c ctrl+v on groups of obcjects or at least single object ?
2. Is it possible to remove object's "special ability" like underwater vision from "water_river" ?

P.S. i discovered a way to implement forced kinda-fog effect that i think would work even on cRPG servers, put object "water_river" way above battlefield and everything below it will be in fog/underwater whitout impact on movement so its basicly fog ;]

Offline Kong Ming

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Strength is but only one aspect of power.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Eastern Tsardom
  • Game nicks: Barely_Legal, Anastasia, Hua_Xiong
Re: Few questions about map editor
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 12:41:26 am »
Unfortunately, as far as I know, the editor doesn't have any kind of copy and paste functionality (and boy I wish it did).  Hunt around on the taleworlds forum though because I'm not sure about this.  As for the water, you'd probably have to edit the model itself to alter any of its characteristics.  I like your forced fog idea though, maybe I'll steal it  :wink:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline CtrlAltDe1337

• Knight
  • Renown: 31
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
  • Victoria aut mors
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ATS / Northern Empire
  • Game nicks: Kataphraktos, Muffins, CtrlAltDelete, Haleth
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 12:52:29 am »
Doing the water thing gives a blue ugly haze afaik...doesn't sound like a good idea.
Quote from: IRC
<abearirl>crtlaltdel shut up | you are the worst | sperglord | i hate you so much | if i could ban goatee or ban you | i'd ban you
<Wylker|work>man if i was locked in a bunker with einstein, stalin, and CtrlAltDelete and had a gun with only 2 bullets | I'd shoot CtrlAltDelete twice

Offline Kong Ming

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2011, 01:53:46 am »
Not a good idea unless........YOUR MAP IS IN SPACE!   :P

Offline Kung Fu Jesus

• Noble
  • Renown: 23
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2011, 02:02:19 am »
The only way I know to copy an object is to right click. Not sure what else you are trying. Unfortunately, I don't think there is a way to group objects together and copy them as a whole. I made a wheat field by placing each plant. I almost went insane.

FYI, you can delete a ton of objects at once by shift-left clicking them in the object list, then hit delete. I had to delete a wheat field also. :cry:
"My belt holds up my pants and my pants have belt loops that hold up the belt. What the fuckĀ’'s really going on down there? Who is the real hero?" - Mitch

Offline Chagan_Arslan

• Earl
  • Renown: 372
  • Infamy: 155
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Chagan_Arslan
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2011, 02:22:47 am »
Not a good idea unless........YOUR MAP IS IN SPACE!   :P

yeah well, i played around a bit with it, made a hill with watchtower, lots of torchers around it so that people would know the general idea where to run, as light of torchers is visible in those conditions ;] looked a little like scenery of "Aliens" hehe

but now i come back to other map and i once again tried that water_river object, and somehow it works correctly? i mean it doesnt give this effect after reloading a map(but my other map even after reloading gives this effect) so i dont know whats the deal with it, maybe its a glitch and not feature

The only way I know to copy an object is to right click. Not sure what else you are trying. Unfortunately, I don't think there is a way to group objects together and copy them as a whole. I made a wheat field by placing each plant. I almost went insane.

FYI, you can delete a ton of objects at once by shift-left clicking them in the object list, then hit delete. I had to delete a wheat field also. :cry:

i was asking if its possible ;] anything close to grouping is selecting multiple objects while holding ctrl, god damn if you could just ctrl+c that it would save A LOT of time ;] but yeah im also putting each grass one click after another ;/

Offline Kong Ming

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2011, 04:44:37 am »
Yeah, it's pretty slow going.  The best i've found is to just turn on the random rotation and scaling options and then just plop them down like crazy.