Author Topic: Strategus Battle Archer builds?  (Read 1248 times)

Offline Lorenzo

• Noble
  • Renown: 20
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew Pew!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_SaifaQc
  • IRC nick: Lorenzo
Strategus Battle Archer builds?
« on: January 28, 2011, 09:39:06 pm »
I had not the chance to do many strategus battles and I wish to build my main to be an archer.

I am generation 1 so my first question is : Do you think I should grind to retire a couple of times (in order to get lvl 32+ one day) Or should I go for a lvl 31 gen 1 character (so it's always available at his ''full'' potential when I apply for a battle.

I am going towards the Gen 1 lvl 31 thing so there is a couple of builds I can pick.

Lvl 31
Str : 15
Agi : 24
Hp : 60
----
Converted : 6
IronFlesh : 5
Athletic : 8
PowerDraw : 5
WeaponMaster : 8
WPP (archery) : 174
----
Strong bow, 3XBodkin

OR

Lvl 31
Str : 18
Agi : 24
Hp : 53
----
Converted : 12
IronFlesh : 0
Athletic : 6
PowerDraw : 6
WeaponMaster : 8
WPP (archery) : 174
----
Warbow/Longbow (OR STRONG BOW???), 3XBodkin

OR

Lvl 31
Str : 21
Agi : 21
Hp : 56
----
Converted : 12
IronFlesh : 0
Athletic : 6
PowerDraw : 7
WeaponMaster : 7
WPP (archery) : 165
----
Warbow/Longbow (OR STRONG BOW???), 3XBodkin

I dont know how to calculate the fire rating or the damage of my shots (if someone know I would like it a lot)
I did not tested a higher PD than the bow (with a viable bow) yet... is it really worth it?
I was doing good with the first build before patch (on battle/siege servers) but in strategus (wich is my main focus) I was getting outspamed and headshoted everytime.

Anyway I dont really know what to do and its so long to get to 31... I would like to get it right the first time so please help!

« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 09:07:31 pm by Lorenzo »

Offline Kong Ming

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Strength is but only one aspect of power.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Eastern Tsardom
  • Game nicks: Barely_Legal, Anastasia, Hua_Xiong
Re: Strategus Battle Archer builds.
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2011, 10:32:00 pm »
Well, I haven't played much strategus, but I can speak to Power Draw a little.  Pre-patch power draw penalized your wpf to the degree that it was never beneficial to have more than your bow required.  That has now changed however, and now I would recommend a couple of points of power draw extra, as it appears to increase accuracy rather than the opposite.  The days of the AGI-stacking archer are largely over I believe.  My build that I'll be pursuing once I retire in a few days will probably have 8 PD for my strong bow.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login