Author Topic: 14 kills in the first round - that's amazing and scary  (Read 8213 times)

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
Re: 14 kills in the first round - that's amazing and scary
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2011, 04:16:18 pm »
I made a Skip the Fun lancer, and it's not as easy as I thought it would be. I had stretches of over an hour without a kill (I got more kills after being de-horsed). Granted, that was with a Courser, so 1 crossbow bolt kills my horse. Whenever I found a riderless plated charger on the battlefield, it was On like |)onkey Kong though.

I'm fine with the plated chargers, as long as people are paying the upkeep on them. These <lvl 25 guys with free plated chargers/milanese need to go though. The spirit of that change was to encourage new players to get into CRPG, not so veterans could steamroll people without paying upkeep.

EDIT-Silly devs, try to use the word |)onkey but spelled correctly in a post, it changes it to the Latin genus species.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 04:19:04 pm by Phew »

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2011, 04:19:10 pm »
I'm fine with the plated chargers, as long as people are paying the upkeep on them. These <lvl 25 guys with free plated chargers/milanese need to go though. The spirit of that change was to encourage new players to get into CRPG, not so veterans could steamroll people without paying upkeep.

That's actually a good point. I went through 3-4 different armour/weapon sets on my shielder, some of them very expensive, and it's not even level 25 yet so I can see that being quite possible with plated charger ect. Maybe they could add a mechanic to say that if you have another char above gen 1 you don't get the upkeep taken off new chars.

Offline Jambi

• Earl
  • Renown: 410
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Walks with God.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jambi
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2011, 04:20:17 pm »
+2
GK_MAGANDA - 14 - 0 in the first round. People can say is whine,yes its to illustrate how powerful is cav in hands of skilled player. And when is any nerf about cav, people using them are the first to scream in forums about that reverting anything.

So, something that is already good(cav) is multiplied by a excelent player.

before people saying it was a work of a team, he was the only one GK playing that map, all him.

Also NA server is getting ridiculous with amount of people playing with plated charges and heavy horses whitout paying maintance.. 1 generation under 25 level should not be except of paying maintance, I played my first generation paying maintance and didnt give up  cRPG.. at least they should be paying 50% of normal maintenance..   1 generation would be not a excuse to play 24/7 with plate and heavy horse!.

Meh, there prolly werent any archers on. Usually when i play against GK's there somewhere bottom/middle of the scorelist  :P

All trolling aside. I think cav is still fine atm. But i dont think the horses were the problem.. but the lances are.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 04:25:19 pm by Jambi »
Love will tear us apart.
Also, most fucked up brain of the year award goes to jambi. Well done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX9Cpuj4igk

Offline Mithus

• Noble
  • Renown: 10
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2011, 04:21:00 pm »
Cav is the one class that benefits the most from pubbie servers and teams with no cohesion and coordination. In a flat battle map with unaware people running around by themselves cav will ALWAYS dominate.

And that is the way it should be.

In Strat and coordinated scrims - different story. Nobody wants to be a support character (pike) in a pubbie battle since there is noone to support. When you have designated support characters in a coordinated battle cav is harmless if not for coordinated maneuvers and flanking on their part.

As it should be.

I agree, but only to a certain degree.
Also I like to point something that´s unbalanced, horse legs are made of steel in MB because horse armor apply to their legs, its too much unbalaced and unrealistic, you cannot protect a horse leg, and that´s  a reason why heavy horses are tanks only in Mount and Blade.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2011, 04:21:17 pm »
Meh, there prolly werent any archers on. Usually when i play agaisnt GK's there somewhere bottom/middle of the scorelist  :P

That's because you are annoyingly good at shooting us off horses...I hate being cav when you're playing  :P

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
  • Renown: 983
  • Infamy: 200
  • If you run, you will only die tired...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2011, 04:21:40 pm »
Guys.... 14-0 in first round by maganda. 15-0 or more by Phyrex and all the other awesome 2h ( I won't tell you names because I don't want them to be big-headed ) 8-0 or more by Jambi ( archer is a support class.... who believes in it now... ) Kinngrimm, Kansuke etc. also a lot of kills. I remember even myself when I had 13-0 in the first round as a footman-polearmer. Score like 15-0 means that player is good. it doesn't mean that class is op. If you ever see 30-0 after the first round, it will mean that class is op.

Also I like to point something that´s unbalanced, horse legs are made of steel in MB because horse armor apply to their legs, its too much unbalaced and unrealistic, you cannot protect a horse leg, and that´s  a reason why heavy horses are tanks only in Mount and Blade.

yeah come and try hitting my horse in the legs... Good luck man
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 04:24:25 pm by BlueKnight »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Skyrim UI

Offline Lord_Panos

• Turkish
  • Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 203
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Saracens
  • Game nicks: Abdul_Rashid_PanBaba,Panos
  • IRC nick: Panos
« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2011, 04:44:32 pm »
bithes whinning about cav again...

hey i have an idea,buy a fucking pike.

and Maganda is fucking good,whether u like it or not :)
In this community,if you cheat,which is the ultimate crime to do in a game,you can buy a second cd key and everything is fine,but if you troll you get a permaban and be in danger for a second one,fair isn`t it?

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2011, 05:19:07 pm »
I have seen many other top tier players get those scores. Last night like every night there was 120 people online and it was always full... When you have 60 targets you should expect such scores from some players.

This is not special enough to warrant any kind of buff/nerf.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2011, 05:22:03 pm »
+2
so at what point of crpg history did cav not get nerfed,  but actually buffed?

The single biggest buff to cav was indirect. The simultaneous removal of:

1slot pikes and spears, hidable pikes and spears and non sheathable pikes and spears.

I'm not saying that was all bad, it's just that it didn't come with a big enough nerf to cav to weigh it out.

Effectively that change took away most of the anti-cav counters. Before one could surprise cav with a pike (now long spear), now they don't even engage. The only way to catch them is to hide behind a corner or pretend you don't see them. (Which no cav really buys anymore)

Also since pikes are now a worse 1vs1 weapon, the chance is that more people will just drop them to the ground before they engage the enemy. That means even fewer anti-cav counters on the field.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2011, 05:28:41 pm »
Whenever I check the scoreboard and I see myself in the 2nd or 3rd place on my team with only cav above me, I see myself as the best player on my team that map. Cav can score so much kills with ease that I do not see them as fair competition.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2011, 05:38:38 pm »
Cav kills are comprised of 95% of oppurtinuties. Don't let them have opportunities and they don't kill. Kill their squishy horse from range and they become low-level footmen.

Atm cav is good in pub matches but nearly useless in Strat. If we nerf it more it will be completly useless in Strat.

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2011, 05:41:52 pm »
Whenever I check the scoreboard and I see myself in the 2nd or 3rd place on my team with only cav above me, I see myself as the best player on my team that map. Cav can score so much kills with ease that I do not see them as fair competition.

Agreed. Cav is in another category.
If a melee players gets more than 6 kills in a round, he's good.
If a cav player gets less than 6 kills in a round, he's bad.
Of course, that's in general, not speaking of melee killing 5 peasants, nor a cav killing "only" the top 4 of the other team.
No use comparing them. On a side note, thanks to the useless pierce buff, there's more noobs archers wandering around and shooting at... melee clusterfucks... seriously... How do you want to win when all the range in your team shoots at allies and shielders ?  :rolleyes:
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Lorenzo_of_Iberia

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Peloponnesian League
  • Game nicks: Lorenzo_of_Numidia , PL_Hoplitai_Lorenzo
« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2011, 05:45:22 pm »
14-0 is a good score but its not unheard of... I'm a very average player at best (tbh using Bulzur's definition I am a bad player :P) but if I can kill Maganda then so can anyone else ;) Same applies to other good cav players, all I need to do is concentrate a bit and use my advantages (javelins) wisely and I can at least engage and distract the player for enough time for the 'skilled' 2h's to be unharassed during first few minutes of combat.

Your local Jav Cav

Looking for like Minded Hoplites? Look no further - http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,22631.0.html

Offline Huey Newton

• Duke
  • Renown: 555
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Huey_Newton
« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2011, 05:46:09 pm »
They increased the bump damage on horses, which yes I have seen a ridiculous number of horse bump kills.  I literally watched a guy on plated harger just hold a shield up and never atatck and rack up 25-2 score yesterday.  Another cav guy on same team went 23-2 and the next highest was 8-4.  Puts it in perspective, especially since it was justa  regular map not specifically a cav map.  And the unaware excuse is so old hat.  Most cav kills are not unawares/afks getting hit becasue theya re not constantly turning around witha  pike, they are cav taking advantage of high speed and maneuverability to hit people in the back in the middle of a melee (not exactly conducive to spinning around just in case cav might come) just like other melee try to do but are far too slow.  But with a huge buff to speed bonus damage on the couch and bonus damage multiplier on the bump, the cav just need to run people over most of the time to rack up tons of kills.

Bring back horse bump jostling the rider, actually forced skill on cav, I'm bored with going 18-2 on my cav alt and seeing every joschmoe with a  horse being a hero.  Lets only have the best cav (I dont include myself in that) do well like every other class.

t'was me, therefore not just some guy. it's not like some new cav bought a horse and got that many kills. lets not get too bias here kesh

Nvm I'm new

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2323
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2011, 05:48:52 pm »
14-0 is a good score but its not unheard of... I'm a very average player at best (tbh using Bulzur's definition I am a bad player :P) but if I can kill Maganda then so can anyone else ;) Same applies to other good cav players, all I need to do is concentrate a bit and use my advantages (javelins) wisely and I can at least engage and distract the player for enough time for the 'skilled' 2h's to be unharassed during first few minutes of combat.

I can kill MAGANDA whenever I want, with every weapon I find on the ground :D

I'm slightly bellow average player.