Author Topic: 14 kills in the first round - that's amazing and scary  (Read 8215 times)

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
Re: 14 kills in the first round - that's amazing and scary
« Reply #105 on: September 22, 2011, 04:30:38 am »
Meh they do. Hafted blade on the thrust for instance rears a horse.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #106 on: September 22, 2011, 04:36:56 am »
My poleaxe seems to rear them just fine.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Wookimonsta

• Hoopy frood
  • Count
  • Renown: 206
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 22, 2011, 01:43:49 pm »
The single biggest buff to cav was indirect. The simultaneous removal of:

1slot pikes and spears, hidable pikes and spears and non sheathable pikes and spears.

I'm not saying that was all bad, it's just that it didn't come with a big enough nerf to cav to weigh it out.

Effectively that change took away most of the anti-cav counters. Before one could surprise cav with a pike (now long spear), now they don't even engage. The only way to catch them is to hide behind a corner or pretend you don't see them. (Which no cav really buys anymore)

Also since pikes are now a worse 1vs1 weapon, the chance is that more people will just drop them to the ground before they engage the enemy. That means even fewer anti-cav counters on the field.

so the reduced turning range is just in my head? good to know

and to be honest, i can take care of most cav once im downed with my heavy lance, often with my danish great.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
<dexxtaa> I just saw nakey ladies and I left
<@Fasader> dexxtaa is clearly gay

Offline Kophka

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
  • for the final ride
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Kophka/Koschei
  • IRC nick: Kophka
« Reply #108 on: September 22, 2011, 01:54:04 pm »
Pretty funny that even on open plains, you see 2 handers with 50+ armor dominating the scoreboards.  :lol: I like watching them go 15-0 the first round, and 31-0 by the third.

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • I play now! but I suck =(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RandomDude
  • IRC nick: RandomDude
« Reply #109 on: September 22, 2011, 04:21:42 pm »
Some good points made on both sides of the fence.

The days are long gone when 2h could own most shielders (in my case anyway). You cant just circle round them and hit them from behind, or feint them into making a mistake, they got better and they dont fall for it any more. Most kills for most people come from killing unaware people and backstabs, no? Cav can just get there faster.

Its possible with any class to get 14 kills in one round and I believe most people are capable of it when they're "in the zone." You dont even need to solo, just get the killing hit on a lot of nme's as melee.

I would imagine it's harder for ranged than any other class to accomplish but not impossible is it?