Author Topic: Quick guide to using construction sites  (Read 4994 times)

Offline Phazey

• Count
  • Renown: 222
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Phaz, Merc_Phazh, Merc_Phazhe, Merc_Phazhey and Merc_Phazey
  • IRC nick: Phazh
Quick guide to using construction sites
« on: September 21, 2011, 11:33:23 am »
+9
Hi guys,

Did you know you can use siege equipment and construction sites and construction materials, even in battle mode? You can buy a construction site and construction material on the c-rpg.net page under throwing.

How does it work? Pretty simple; you need 2 guys. One guy brings 1 construction site and 1 construction material and the other guy brings 4 construction material.

Building your first weapon rack:
1) Deploy (throw) construction site (the pile of wood)
2) Select what you want to build by looking at it and pressing F. 1
3) Do that twice so it says 'weapon rack'
4) Deploy (throw) the required 5 construction material on the site3

Your weapon rack is now complete! You will see a small wooden box rise out of the ground. This is the weapon rack. Do not stand on it or too close to it, because that disables use and interrupts other people that are using it. 2

You can now go to your equipment screen and change your equipment loadout. I'd recommend picking your normal gear. Then go look at the weapon rack and press F. If all goes well, you will see an progression bar. Keep F pressed until it completes.
You now have refreshed your equipment and should  have the items selected.

You can now either just go fight and save the weapon rack for later or continue building. To continue building, drop your weapon(s) on the floor, select another construction site and construction material in the equipment screen and use the weapon rack again.

Go and deploy the second construction site. I'd recommend making another weapon rack first, because it's easy and fast to build and a second weapon rack will allow you and your engineer friend(s) to build faster. Repeat if more people are building.

After that, you can build a healing tent or even attempt to build a siege tower. Just deploy yet another construction site, select what you want to build and drop the first construction material on it. Then go to your equipment screen, select 4x construction material and use one of the weapon racks to 'reload' equipment.

There you go, you are building your own siege equipment. You can use this in battle mode, siege and strategus! Select a few siege shields, reload equipment and deploy them. Grab a few ladders if you like. Drop some gear for teammates to use. Build a healing tent. Build a siege tower. Have fun! :D

A few pointers:
- Keep an eye on the clock and your team! No use in building stuff if you're gonna get slaughtered while building!
- Do NOT, i repeat DO NOT stand ON the weapon racks and healing tents.
- Do NOT drop construction materials on a construction site untill the guy that dropped it on the floor has selected what he wants to build. Often, people drop the materials too soon and fixate
- In general, if you're not building, leave the engineers alone. Do not interrupt them. Do not stand on the things they are building. Do not walk in between the construction site and the builder(s). 

That's my quick guide to using construction sites for now. Comments and additions are very welcome. I might edit or expain the guide later on. Have fun building stuff, but be careful. Build only when it makes sense and only on maps where it actually helps your team. On a random plains for example, with both teams camping. Or when one team keeps roofcamping. Discuss your building plans with your teammates.

Good luck building!

1 You can cycle through the following objects:
- Large siege tower (85 construction materials required)
- Weapon rack (5 mats required)
- Healing tent (25 mats req)
- Forward base (? mats req)
- Catapult (45 mats req)
- Small siege tower (55 mats req)

2This can be a bit tricky, just like using a healing tent, because:
- Only one person can use a weapon rack at the time
- If someone is using it, you cannot 'see' or 'use' the weapon rack
- If someone is standing on it, you cannot use it
- If someone hits you or stands on it (or too close to it), you get interrupted and have to try again

3Warning: once you drop materials on a site, it's fixated. You cannot change it anymore.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 12:10:57 pm by Phazey »

Offline Freland

• Count
  • Renown: 172
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Freland
  • IRC nick: Freland
Re: Quick guide to using construction sites
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2011, 01:33:55 pm »
Nice guide. Problem is that it was abused on siege yesterday by building a large siege Tower over the flag. You could not reach the flag anymore as an attacker and hacking down a large siege tower takes quite some time.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

each time you click the button, crpg gains popularity :D

Offline Phazey

• Count
  • Renown: 222
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Phaz, Merc_Phazh, Merc_Phazhe, Merc_Phazhey and Merc_Phazey
  • IRC nick: Phazh
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2011, 05:10:16 pm »
Building a siege tower to block capture of a flag in siege mode is not allowed.

What is allowed, is using a siege tower to siege a wall in siege mode, assault a roof in battle mode or use it for defence if you're camping somewhere. You know, normal usage. Don't use it to block access to flags.

Next time someone uses a siege tower to block access to the flag, see if you can get an admin's assistance. And feel free to tell them it's not allowed to use siege towers or other siege equipment to block access.

You can find us on irc (quakenet #mount&blade-crpg) usually.

Offline Tomas_of_Miles

• Count
  • Renown: 263
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rusty mercenary siege engineer
  • Game nicks: Something with Tomas in it
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2011, 06:20:05 pm »
+2
Great one Phaz! Maybe now I'll have help achieving my dream of using artillery in cRPG and getting a catapult kill on EU1. Maybe one day people will poke me in TS to get a nice barrage on some roofcampers... I can dream.
Professional poop cleaner

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2011, 10:01:25 pm »
+1
can weapon rack get a model that actually looks like a weapon rack instead of some generic unmarked box?

It added alot of depth to siege when my clan started using it.

Offline ArchonAlarion

• Baron
  • Renown: 98
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Late 15th cen. English Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ArchonAlarion, DON'T_WAKE_GRANDPA, NASTY_TURTLE, UNARMED_CLASS_ DON'T_BAN_PLS, et al.
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2011, 01:24:18 am »
Wow I never knew any of this was possible! Anyways, what does the "forward base" look like/do?

Offline Tomas_of_Miles

• Count
  • cRPG Player
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2011, 01:33:07 am »
Wow I never knew any of this was possible! Anyways, what does the "forward base" look like/do?
Spawn point. You hold f on it and it becomes your spawn. No use in battle except maybe as cover from above. Haven't tried its functions in Siege yet.

Offline Assarhaddon

• Knight
  • Renown: 41
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
  • Not with knowledge nor skill, but pure luck baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2011, 01:35:16 pm »
can weapon rack get a model that actually looks like a weapon rack instead of some generic unmarked box?

I was wondering the same thing. There is a model of weapon rack in native, why not use that?

ps. Excellent guide Phazey, thanks!  :D
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 01:36:53 pm by Assarhaddon »

Offline The_danish_lost_viking

• Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • WAR DOGS
    • View Profile
  • Faction: WAR DOGS
  • Game nicks: W_D_Maddane
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2011, 05:23:59 pm »
is there any guides there show how to use a catapult?
If yes i cant find it

Offline Tomas_of_Miles

• Count
  • cRPG Player
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2011, 08:40:28 am »
is there any guides there show how to use a catapult?
If yes i cant find it
I second this.