Author Topic: cRPG Tournament, Teambattles - Discussion - Do we need it?  (Read 8480 times)

Offline Leiknir

• Baron
  • Renown: 81
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen of Fenada / SeaRaiders
  • Game nicks: Leiknir
  • IRC nick: Leiknir
Re: cRPG Tournament, Teambattles - Discussion - CLANS CHECK IT OUT!!!
« Reply #45 on: February 01, 2011, 04:49:49 pm »
If there aren't limits on ranged, everyone will take a ranged weapon and there will be no point in bringing cav
So everyone will just bring a pike with their empty slots?

Best way to limit hybrids is by using a low gold limit. 20k per player, but the team might distribute the gold how they want (5 players = 100k, team can give 1 player 50k and the other 4 12,5k). Wont allow everyone to use ranged.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 05:30:29 pm by Leiknir »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Woops

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 01, 2011, 10:33:59 pm »
I will talk to the guys in spartans and see but think we could be in for 5 maybe 7.

I like the idea.
For us money is not a super big issue. but would be nice to be able to use 40k:P

When it comes to classes it would be some problems, but maybe we could be 2 sword and 3spear even though sword and spear is our "thing".

Maps we are very liberal as long as there is no place for roof camp our unreachable spots.

Have only read fast through the other post so tell me if i missed anything

PS: What about server ping? where located?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 10:39:23 pm by Woops »

Offline Torp

• Knight
  • Renown: 66
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • Do evil to others before they do evil to you
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Kenkyaku
  • IRC nick: Torp
« Reply #47 on: February 03, 2011, 01:15:28 pm »
the ninjas would like to participate, but we're gonig to have trobule with the class limit...?

Offline Tristan

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 52
  • cRPG Player
  • Listen to wisdom!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Guards)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tristan
  • IRC nick: Guard_Tristan
Re: cRPG Tournament, Teambattles - Discussion - Do we need it?
« Reply #48 on: February 07, 2011, 03:24:43 pm »
Does this have any interest? With the fallens running the saturday tournaments I am unsure if this hold interest? Maybe the other format works better?

Advantages of doing it with preschedualed and swiss type tournament over a long time:

Many more teams can participate (no limited numbers)
Many more teams have an easier time to find time to participate
More rules options for equipment and maptypes

cons:
People will retire when it is over a long period
there is already clan battles, do we even need another?
Indivudal schedualing is bothersome and not worth it?
etc.

So what do you think?
He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief. He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened his mouth.

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
  • Renown: 427
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
Re: cRPG Tournament, Teambattles - Discussion - Do we need it?
« Reply #49 on: February 07, 2011, 04:33:18 pm »
i think you have to start something to really find out if others want it or not. in the worst case it will be a disaster, but its still better than doing nothing.

i of course personally prefer the format i'm doing: simple funny events done within 1 session and short time (like 2 hours maximum) with simple rules and no or almost no registrations. but i'm quite sure that there will be others that would like to see some other formats that give less luck based results than fallen tournaments. (like a few people complained about "best of one" match in playoffs in last tournament i made hehe)

edit: btw i won't do more than 1 tournament/week and i believe people are greedy for more than 1/14 days all crpg tournament and 1/14 days clan tournament (and if i make cavalry duels sometimes, it means 1/21 days for specific tournament and maybe even more if i find out another tournament format i'd like to try out).

i really believe in 1 session events, this is what i kinda wanted to start up.
since begining i thought that anybody could do exactly the same 1session tournament (or similar with some improvements he'd like to try out) like i do if he likes organizing people and making events (he doesn't even have to be a fallen). i have nothing against giving him a fallen server with our map for that. and when  i introduce finally some ladder system for clans, all these tournaments similar to the format i'm trying out organized by different people could be counted into that (if the guy organizing the event would be fine with that of course...).
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 05:02:23 pm by Beauchamp »
OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!