Author Topic: How nice brd  (Read 10610 times)

Offline Adoptagoat

• Count
  • Renown: 237
  • Infamy: 25
  • cRPG Player
  • Know your Goat.
    • View Profile
Re: How nice brd
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2011, 10:23:13 am »
Dear Scrub,
 shut your face and grow up.
Sincerely,
Goat.
Adoptagoat: http://i.imgur.com/p5s51.gif
Voso the Worst: thats you
Adoptagoat: I know.

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2011, 10:27:37 am »
NA     Siege     09/09 11:22     
The Kingdom of Veluca
a:10 s:10 k:0
 Khudan
a:10089 s:10145 k:-56

Ok its a raid so

• 89/14=6+ still >>>3
  • why they take city?

Leave them plundered by 1k per person, and give back the city to neutral faction.  :lol:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2011, 10:29:06 am »
wasnt a raid. we tried to set to raid but it kept defaulting to regular.

Offline Lorn

• Knight
  • Renown: 27
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Lorn
  • IRC nick: Lorn
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2011, 10:32:14 am »
+1
NA     Siege     09/09 11:22     
The Kingdom of Veluca
a:10 s:10 k:0
 Khudan
a:10089 s:10145 k:-56

Ok its a raid so

• 89/14=6+ still >>>3
  • why they take city?

Leave them plundered by 1k per person, and give back the city to neutral faction.  :lol:

chadz never reset the people who had battles and were hacked, why would he reset this?

Who are you? Seriously.

Lordark is Hospitaller's resident terribad troll. Search his posts, you'll probably facepalm a lot.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 10:34:16 am by Lorn »

Offline okiN

• Marshall
  • Renown: 924
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2011, 10:36:17 am »
We are waiting for admin's reactions, what chadz would say.

My guess is he'll say since it didn't actually happen, it's not worth making a big deal out of. For my part, if Goretooth had agreed to the deal, I'd happily ban both him and Matey. FCC definitely has no moral high ground whatsoever after this.

As for the Khudan siege, it's a bug that they were able to attack it in the first place, but the fault also lies with the defenders who didn't show up. Just like with Mercs and their magic siege I guess it might not be overruled, as neither of those factors was caused by TKoV. It's for chadz to decide, maybe he'll just dock some gold or something.

One thing I'm very interested in now is seeing evidence of people signing up against their friends or clanmates on these buggy attacks and either not showing up or just screwing around in order to help the chances of a fluke capture attempt. I'd be glad to hand out some bans for that.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 10:51:22 am by okiN »
Don't.

Offline The_Angle

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player
  • Qaddaffi 4 eva
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2011, 10:38:22 am »
Sometimes I'm really glad to be so far away from this goonery, its like having former LLJK everywhere(and even they've gotten better at not being so trolly, well even though they have afew loose nuts).

In the land of rape and honey, you prey.

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2011, 10:41:11 am »
+2
yeah i freely admit it was a retarded idea. i was giddy after khudan, hyped up on sugar from candy, and somewhat drunk... but it was still a stupid idea, i thought it was funny at the time... but im glad gore was better than that and made it obvious that such things go against the spirit (and rules) of the game.

Offline Loki

• Count
  • Renown: 228
  • Infamy: 57
  • cRPG Player
  • I don't know karate, but I know crazy.
    • View Profile
    • The Fallen Brigade
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Loki
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2011, 11:13:38 am »
No Fallen Brigade members were signed up to defend Curaw, we signed up on FCC's side.  Anyway, I think everybody is getting a bit huffed up about nothing. They attacked a city with 10 troops (which is stupid, I agree)  raiding didn't work so it was a normal battle, and no defenders showed up. It's a glitch.

Offline Tomas

• Marshall
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Fallen Brigade Website
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Tomas
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2011, 02:10:30 pm »
+1
One thing I'm very interested in now is seeing evidence of people signing up against their friends or clanmates on these buggy attacks and either not showing up or just screwing around in order to help the chances of a fluke capture attempt. I'd be glad to hand out some bans for that.

Two things come to mind after all this that i'd like to see implemented

1)  First of all i'd like to see a simple but proper in-game diplomatic system.  Each clan leader sets their relationship with every other clan on a scale of 0 to 4

1 = Ally:  Any number of clan members may sign up to fight for your ally and nobody is allowed to fight against them.  Alliances must be confirmed by both parties and will be public knowledge for all factions.  You may not start a battle against an Ally

2 = Friends/NAP: Clan member are allowed to fight for your friends, however they may not make up more than 10% of your friends battle roster. No clan members may fight against a friend.  This relationship level will not be made public and only the factions involved will be able to see it.  This makes it useable for NAPs.  You may not start a battle against a friend

3 = Neutral: The default setting.  You can fight for or against clans that you are neutral towards so long as your clan members don't make up more than 10% of either sides battle roster.  This relationship status is also private with only the parties involved being able to see it.  You may not start a battle against a neutral faction

4 = Enemies: Your clans members may sign up to any battle against an enemy so long as they don't exceed more than 10% of the battle roster (unless it is your own or an allies battle of course).  You may not fight for an enemy.  even against another enemy.  This relationship status will be made public and must be declared prior to attacking.  If 2 of your allies become enemies you will not be able to fight for either until you cancel one of the alliances.  Declaring someone an enemy automatically changes their relationship state with you to "enemy" as well so that they can immediately fight back.  It does not change your allies relationship states.

EDIT: 0 = Vassal.  Same as Ally, but a Vassal will automatically match the relationship states of their master.  This will need to have a 1 way mechanism to determine the master and the vassal.

These states should be editable by rank 10 people as well so that faction leaders can delegate.  This should help control who everybody is able to sign up for and against and also puts more importance on factionless people as they will be eligible for more battles than people in factions.  This system also hides all but the 2 extreme states from public view which still keeps some mystery in Strategus.

2) The 2nd thing that sprang to mind after reading this is that there should be a way of making sure people are present for battles.

To do this I propose the following;
- First of all, 15 mins before each battle a "Confirm" button should appear at the bottom of the roster for all those who have been accepted.  These people then have 5 minutes to click the button.   Anybody who hasn't confirmed their place at the end of the 5 mins  will be automatically removed from neutral rosters, and will be flagged for faction rosters.
- At the same time (15 mins before each Battle) all those who were pending will have their applications terminated.  However, a "re-apply" button will appear on the roster.
- For neutral rosters, replacements for people removed  after the 5 minute confirmation window, will be automatically selcted from those that have re-applied.
- For faction rosters, commanders will be able to see those that have re-applied and pick who they want.
- Anybody missing the confirmation window will miss out on neutral rosters, however faction commanders will still be able to hire them if they haven't removed them when flagged, or if they re-apply.

That should help ensure that people turn up for Battles.  Of course it does nothing about people who are there for the start of the battle but then go afk or quit, but I can't really think of much to do about them at the moment.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 02:14:40 pm by Tomas »

Offline Goretooth

• Duke
  • Renown: 634
  • Infamy: 237
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2011, 03:34:39 pm »
No Fallen Brigade members were signed up to defend Curaw, we signed up on FCC's side.  Anyway, I think everybody is getting a bit huffed up about nothing. They attacked a city with 10 troops (which is stupid, I agree)  raiding didn't work so it was a normal battle, and no defenders showed up. It's a glitch.
Ya, my bad.  I was the "few" Fallen who signed up for the Curaw defense.  I miss clicked which side I wanted to sign up for. But I soon realized my error and removed myself from the Curaw defenders roster about 5-10 min prior to the battle. Also, very few people signed up for the battle on either side so no one missed a chance to play do to my mistake. Overall, no harm no foul.
there were three to five that i saw through the day signing up and unsigning
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 04:18:38 pm by Goretooth »

Braeden - Clanless maybe? or Free Peasant not sure - Rarely plays, plus might be retarded
Tydeus - Nord EU Scum - Hates adminning

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2011, 04:32:17 pm »
Who are you? Seriously.

A Hospitaller who was kinda a nice guy on the forums, and now after his faction went to shit posts nothing but bitter "U are suckage and stupid and jerkwad" posts at everyone.

I think he is taking it badly.
there were three to five that i saw through the day signing up and unsigning
Onoz, they kept unsigning themselves! Someone smack dem fuckers! How dare new guys sign up or others who don't read orders sign up, and then have the other fallen say "Hey, don't do that, we is on de odder sid foo, unsign NAO!"

I mean, the balls of this guy here is UNBELIEVABLE!
Ya, my bad.  I was the "few" Fallen who signed up for the Curaw defense.  I miss clicked which side I wanted to sign up for. But I soon realized my error and removed myself from the Curaw defenders roster about 5-10 min prior to the battle. Also, very few people signed up for the battle on either side so no one missed a chance to play do to my mistake. Overall, no harm no foul.
How dare you make a mistake, and then dare to fix it? You shiuld be permabanned for trying to not break the rules, how dare you, how dare you... gawd... Fallen these days, I tell you...

Yeah...

Wait, wat? Oh, I stumbled into another drama thread YIPPEEEEE!
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 04:39:02 pm by Tears_of_Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline xKhanxBROMS

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Horde of Khan (xKhanx)
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2011, 04:59:38 pm »
Shame shame.  To the stocks!

Offline Tayzzer

• Knight
  • Renown: 28
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
  • What?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC
  • Game nicks: Zaylo_Unicorns, Zeyro_AoW, Talony_Vanguard_Of_AoW
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2011, 05:04:19 pm »
+3
I find it interesting that a lot of these posts talk of double standards and are bashing brd but no one has considered how ironic this post is. This is dirty politics used to focus negative attention at brd. Anyone reading this post can see it was a casual conversation between two people who knew each other. If it was a formal message sent to random mercenaries that would be a different story. Imagine this, you win the lottery your drunk and hyper and you just want to share the wealth with your friend, you make a joke but the friend doesn't find it funny and then posts it on the forums........ Wait I think I ruined my analogy. Matey apologized and admitted he was inebriated its just a blessing gore tooth took the high road and realized he has never been in this situation...........

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2011, 05:06:01 pm »
+3
I like ya goretooth but I can't really fault brd or matey for taking advantage of game mechanics.  That's what the beta is for.  If you want someone to fault blame the developers for releasing gameplay changes and then not being available for days or weeks to respond to the inevitable issues that arise.

At least in the process they are finding out lots of bugs (which is the point of a beta test).  I still think it's shady that people are still attacking towns with 10 people after finding out about the exploit, but the devs need to address it now.  And it's not just BRD, other factions are doing this now too. Get ready for another wipe.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 05:07:17 pm by CrazyCracka420 »
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Lizard_man

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 153
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Lizard_man, Jinmenju
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2011, 05:22:06 pm »
+1
I guess your old frenemy the Mercs tought you well??

What's this supposed to mean ?