Author Topic: Cavalry is clearly way overpowered  (Read 21957 times)

Offline Kenji

• Baron
  • Renown: 140
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
  • Casual Player
    • View Profile
Re: Cavalry is clearly way overpowered
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2011, 11:33:08 pm »
- shorten the duration of couched lance by half or up the needed speed for that so that only people with super fast loomed horses can couch on terrain which isn't completely flat

And please listen what people have to say cause none of you balancers play this mod enough to know what the current situation is like.
I assume you haven't played Cavalry, at all?

The last thing that Couch Lancers need is a nerf, we are the minorities, here.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2011, 11:35:02 pm »
I went on EU_1 randomly after not playing cRPG all week because my friend BADPLAYER was trying to explain how god awful everyone was against cav.  I hopped on, and proceeded to go about 33-3 on a random town map, with about 5-8 teamkills mixed in.  I've never seen infantry with worse cav awareness in my life.  Also, all the cav were bad and I out lanced everyone despite my north american ping. 

The problem with balancing for EUs is that the skill level there is generally really, really low.  The most advanced tactic I saw was mass camping a roof with 15-20 archers that tried to plink plink at my cataphract as their teammates died one after another.  You shouldn't talk about balance when you haven't played a variety of classes, and when you are obviously bad at the game.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2011, 11:35:56 pm »
+3
I agree with the notion that cav is overpowered. They always top the boards and get more numerous by the day. Not that fond of OP's balancing ideas. I would like to have the horse hooves make about 150-200% more noise, so they will have less of an easy time backstabbing the unaware and engaged foot soldiers. Which is how most get their kills.

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2011, 11:40:01 pm »
Indeed, it is hard to pay attention to cav when the sound of hooves is not even correctly placed...retarded. I hear a horse and i see none around me just to get killed like one minute later by horse i didnt hear at all, wtf.

And gtfo with ur NA elitism, do not say all EU skill is lower, that is pure bullshit. You suck for typing something like this, no wonder no one likes yanks when they have so idiotic ideas and they just keep getting louder and louder, as stoopid people think the more they are loud, the more right they are. Fuck off.

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2011, 11:40:23 pm »
+2
The hooves sound thing has been suggested more than a year ago, and I believe there are engine limitations.

Also, pls ignore the LLJK replies in this thread..

I'd say OP suggestions are too harsh, especially removing couched lance damage. The problem is the horses that are way too maneuverable. Mountain goats is a better description of the horses we have.

Cav do top the charts on almost every map, that's a fact.

I'd say nerf horse maneuverability, and buff HP. That way there is horse terrain, and also inf terrain.

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1455
  • Infamy: 2028
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2011, 11:41:19 pm »
Well I do jump slash and it works on many noobish cav players and I don't qq because it doesn't work on smart cavarly players (that's perfectly resonable, lance should outreach my slash in every case).

I don't mind one or two cavs trying to toy with me.

I don't mind high damage of lance stab at full speed.

But I do mind couched lance simply because it's unblockable and because it gives power to DEM NOOBS!

I do mind speed and I do mind bump damage and bumping in general.

Also I forgot to suggest, make chances that bumps know people down about 30%.

Those are my suggestions.

Cav gives power to noobs and that's what bothers me the most.

I don't like ublockable shit in this game, neither mauls nor couched lance.

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2011, 11:43:12 pm »
Dunno what you are crying about Leshma.. it's not the couched lance that is OP. It's the one-shotting with speed bonus mw lances that hurts.

Nerf cav maneuverability so they have to teamwork like the rest of us. Give horses some HP so they can survive all the ranged they can't avoid.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 11:46:06 pm by Thomek »

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2011, 11:47:00 pm »
+7
I went on EU_1 randomly after not playing cRPG all week because my friend BADPLAYER was trying to explain how god awful everyone was against cav.  I hopped on, and proceeded to go about 33-3 on a random town map, with about 5-8 teamkills mixed in.  I've never seen infantry with worse cav awareness in my life.  Also, all the cav were bad and I out lanced everyone despite my north american ping. 

The problem with balancing for EUs is that the skill level there is generally really, really low.  The most advanced tactic I saw was mass camping a roof with 15-20 archers that tried to plink plink at my cataphract as their teammates died one after another.  You shouldn't talk about balance when you haven't played a variety of classes, and when you are obviously bad at the game.

Offline Classical

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 133
  • Infamy: 62
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2011, 11:48:38 pm »
lol

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2011, 11:49:10 pm »
+1
Cavalry has been nerfed every patch.

Only archers can make that claim legitimately. Now go back to riding your OP POS  :P
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Aleskander

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
  • I swear to drunk ossifer I'm not god
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Aleskander, Alesoy Varsov
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2011, 11:49:43 pm »
Make hooves louder. Lance cav can't hit for shit( Couched or uncouched) if you move, one handed cav has a short range. All it really takes is skill and cav is rendered useless. Make any collision with a horse that knocks the player down stop the horse completely, unless the horse is armored(Even if the horse has armor it should only be able to go through about 3 men).

"Die in Turkish Penis"-Grabber, 14-6-12
Never forget

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2167
  • Infamy: 2368
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2011, 11:51:23 pm »
IYou shouldn't talk about balance when you haven't played a variety of classes, and when you are obviously bad at the game.

I'm gen 10, every gen I change roles. Been lancer twice, 1h cav twice, archer twice, 2h twice, xbow once and polearmer once.

Offline Kenji

• Baron
  • Renown: 140
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
  • Casual Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2011, 11:55:26 pm »
I'm gen 10, every gen I change roles. Been lancer twice, 1h cav twice, archer twice, 2h twice, xbow once and polearmer once.
So you have not dedicated a single generation for couch lancers? You do understand that there's a big difference between couch lancers and lancers, right?

Different moves, different tactics, different risks, much more weaknesses.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2284
  • Infamy: 2066
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2011, 12:04:07 am »
Dunno what you are crying about Leshma.. it's not the couched lance that is OP. It's the one-shotting with speed bonus mw lances that hurts.

I don't mind MW lances and lance stab, you know why? Cause I know to point my mouse down and press right button at the same time...

I agree with Smootrich about one thing, EU players have zero cav awareness. About skill, well I used to play for few days on NA servers when that Tulsa and Lady Gaga were best, I wouldn't say NA is more skilled than EU, not at all. They are very skilled players like Goretooth and Dextraa, which played for some time on EU but in general I think they are less skilled than EU crowd.

I do have solid cav awereness, it would be perfect if I could hear dem hoofs..

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2570
  • Infamy: 2401
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2011, 12:15:10 am »
So you have not dedicated a single generation for couch lancers? You do understand that there's a big difference between couch lancers and lancers, right?

Different moves, different tactics, different risks, much more weaknesses.

I didn't say anything about Great Lance, that thing should be buffed. I want Heavy lance to lose that ability.