Author Topic: Suggestion: Level  (Read 800 times)

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
Suggestion: Level
« on: January 24, 2011, 12:56:14 am »
Before you start that thread that you believe offers so much insight into how the game should work, why don't you level up to 30 first and then complain that your toon is gimped vs whatever. Preferably, you will have leveled your toon to 30, then leveled a toon in the build you have a beef with and level it to 30. After you have played both classes at full strength, then come back and make your comments/suggestions> I guarantee your post will be far different, far more informed, and far more likely to be taken seriously by those who have leveled up most class builds to 30.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Ganon

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ganon, Linkk
Re: Suggestion: Level
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2011, 01:01:37 am »
Pretty much agreed, it's been a pain to sort out the nonsense posts from the informed ones.

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2011, 08:01:21 am »
I dare to disagree in one point, the level :P Different builds start to be usefull with different stats, for example: with a 2h char i started scoring kills on lvl 11, with my archer pretty much on the moment i could wear my bow, on the turtle i yet have to kill something on lvl 15(yeah i suck on that), so, it is not needed to get to lvl 30 actually :P

lvl 22+ seems more reasonable, considering it takes just an afternoon to get there.

But other than that, i agree, people should not bitch about something unless they try to play that also :)

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2011, 11:53:58 pm »
No, it must be apples to apples level 30. Whenever you create a build, there is always a point where you have to deal with a weakness to it. The most common is putting everything into strength in order to meet gear requirements and then go after agility. This makes people much slower than they will eventually be. When you are at level 22 and athletics 5, you still wont be able to make use of the final build that calls for athletics 8 and the ability to dance around people like fairy. You still wont have the WPF that shrinks that reticule down to where you are hitting by aiming and not luck. In other words, you still have no experience with that build. Going to college for a year and dropping doesn't give you the education that a degree calls for.
Prior to a level cap, you may have had a valid argument over where the line should be. Now though, we need to be comparing endgame to endgame and stop this "But what about the peasants?" nonsense.  :idea:
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Babelfish

• Knight
  • Renown: 62
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2011, 01:26:56 pm »
Doing my third character to level 30ish atm, this time around i play turtle.

I have some different experiences then one of the previous posters, i could start getting kills on my shielder at level 7+. Did some duels on eu3 at level 12+ and won quite a few, even against people with plate, and obviously superior level aka 30.

But having a character in the class you are complaining about is a good thing, as it actually gives you experience and insight in how it works.