Poll

Would you like to see less grinding? Which way?

Way 1.
16 (21.9%)
Way 2.
10 (13.7%)
Way 3.
10 (13.7%)
Other way. (Post it, please)
3 (4.1%)
No, I like to grind so much.
34 (46.6%)

Total Members Voted: 73

Author Topic: Grind, grind, grind even more! - nerf!  (Read 4831 times)

Offline Dravic

• Knight
  • Renown: 78
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Not playing
  • Game nicks: Not playing
  • IRC nick: Most likely Dravic
Grind, grind, grind even more! - nerf!
« on: January 22, 2011, 10:25:30 pm »
Ok, here comes my suggestion.

Less grind between 30-31 lvls. Here it takes same time as from 1 to 30 lvl.

Or less grinding in general.

3 different ways:

1. Make amounts of xp needed to lvl up smaller - I think its easy.
2. Make a cap for multipliers bigger. So if your team has good flow, you can hit about x10. Reasonable, should boost opposit team to revenge, because I will lose my x9 as fast as they will win. Some more competition. It would be less grinding, too, if you play good.
3. Make basic xp gain bigger, so we have basically 2000 xp/ 50 gold instead of 1000 xp/ 50 gold.

I come with this kind of suggestion because Im casual player, it means i have max. 2h free time in general. And for now its almost impossible to get to 31 lvl for me - see, its kinda 1-2 months. After 1-2 months I will want other char, and so long grinding will be nothing for me, because after 2 months i might not like this char anymore.

Regards,
Dravic

PS How to add poll?

Offline UrLukur

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Grind, grind, grind even more! - nerf!
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 10:43:57 pm »
Retire then and heirloom item for new character ? :rolleyes:

Playing on lvl 30 is perfectly possible. If you want to have advantage over others (retirement with heirloom), then this is perhaps mod not for you.

Main problem with current retirement is that people who started earlier and retired multiple times have enormous advantage now. Limiting it (making it harder) would be good idea. Perhaps increase lvl needed to retire based upon your generation (1-2 need 31, 3-4 need 32, 5-6 need 33 and so on), this would give those people more grind, and better balanced between characters for others.
"Clava curva pie vinco"

Offline Tai Feng

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2011, 10:46:54 pm »
I'd like to see less grind between 1-30 lvls and more grind from 30 onwards.
Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.

Imperial army: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4muBipy9-Q

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • Renown: 377
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Saracen_Berserkaziz_Amir
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2011, 10:50:55 pm »

What?LESS and MORE grind than now?Are you serious?

Why dont we let new chars start on lvl 30, there you have less grind.
Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.
"I don´t believe in anything, I´m just here for the violence."

Offline sami1337

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2011, 10:52:40 pm »

1 to 30 isn't even that bad.

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2011, 12:07:12 am »
i wouldnt mind if 30 stayed the same, but maybe 31 should take like 7mil exp instead of 8.7 it does seem a bit much.

Offline Dioxete

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Den Bitre
  • Game nicks: Date
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2011, 12:20:51 am »
i think that is good right now, if you play you can retire in 1week and 5 days, in generation 1. I don't see the big problem, it have to be hard :/

Offline Dravic

• Knight
  • Renown: 78
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Not playing
  • Game nicks: Not playing
  • IRC nick: Most likely Dravic
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2011, 12:29:25 am »
Try to retire that fast with 1 hour of cRPG/day. It takes months.

Personally i am all after letting us to have max multiplier 10.

Offline Immolarian

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Immolarious
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2011, 12:40:04 am »
1 to 30 is fine but 30>31 needs way too much exp imo.  :|

Offline Mover76

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • The freedoms you give away will never be returned
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Phoenix Company
  • Game nicks: Spit_Crush / Tuffel_Stiltskin
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2011, 12:43:34 am »
In my ever so humble opinion, the whole point was to build a character that would be "complete" at level 30. With this in mind the distance from 30 to 31 is a chance to play the toon you worked so hard to create. I can understand why a new player would want to weaken the advantage that some of the 10+ Gen's have, but had they not been playing this game for months it wouldn't be here now for the rest of us to enjoy! Perhaps there is an answer that doesn't punish established players.

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2011, 09:30:20 pm »
In my ever so humble opinion, the whole point was to build a character that would be "complete" at level 30. With this in mind the distance from 30 to 31 is a chance to play the toon you worked so hard to create. I can understand why a new player would want to weaken the advantage that some of the 10+ Gen's have, but had they not been playing this game for months it wouldn't be here now for the rest of us to enjoy! Perhaps there is an answer that doesn't punish established players.

I like this guy a lot.

Being cinda low gen myself (atm 4th, retired once on 31, getting to 29 after shifts currently).

Anyways, to your points:
1. it has been like that untill the major patch, so why to revert back? The amount of xp needed to get to 30 is not that harsh anyways, even with 1st gen char and casual play schedule

2. No, no and no...the cap multiplier bigger would not do any good, imagine that you would get on losing team and you would know: damn, now after 10 rounds they have so much more xp and gold than me, that sucks. And yeah, you can try to win, but sometimes its hard with the banner balance :P Also this would encourage the xp farming done on smaller servers in the low-population times.

3.firstly the XP has been 1500/min, it has been nerfed to 1000, i guess the devs had reason for that.

I like the stuff i quoted from one reason: that is exactly what i was thinking when i found the changes they made! Build up my char for lvl 30, enjoy some killing and when ready, retire, get some love for one item and rinse repeat. I see that totally new players are frustrated when they read that veterans are getting more xp on x2 than you on x5, but hey, they play the game for like ages, they should have some advantage.

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2011, 01:16:22 pm »
These would simply make it easy for more "hardcore" players to gain an advantage over the more casual players. I think the system is fine. Grinders can retire in around the same time it took to generate the money to retire pre patch.
Turtles

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deus_Mortis
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2011, 01:21:35 pm »
What is funny is exp needed for lvl 3 onwards but it's still fast if you can get in a team with x2+ modifier.

lvl 1 to 2 needs 3k
lvl 2 to 3 needs 30k

And it keeps on doubling lol.

(Numbers may be not accurate but it's something near of that.)

Offline Grey

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 72
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
  • Hope you like arrows...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: -
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2011, 01:24:36 pm »
WTF are you smoking? getting to lvl 30 takes maybe 5 hrs, so casual players maybe a week tops to get to max level. 31 and retireing is for people who play a lot, they are dedicated to chadzRPG, we have put a lot of our time into it, given a lot of feedback, and why should vetran warriors NOT be better than newbies? This isnt CounterStrike, its a roleplaying game: Oldies, they play the role of hardened veteran warriors, newbies have 2 rolls to choose: The mature way, to say "These guys have been doing it a lot longer, of course they have unique gear and crazy skills, I'll just have to get better" or the option you chose: "Whine whine moan moan whine, Im a bitch and cant hack it".

STOP trying to make the game easier, its stupidly easy as it is. Get better or get the fuck out.
Bamboo Bundle Bowman: 90'' draw, groups at 200 yards.

Offline UrLukur

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2011, 01:39:05 pm »
WTF are you smoking? getting to lvl 30 takes maybe 5 hrs, so casual players maybe a week tops to get to max level. 31 and retireing is for people who play a lot, they are dedicated to chadzRPG, we have put a lot of our time into it, given a lot of feedback, and why should vetran warriors NOT be better than newbies? This isnt CounterStrike, its a roleplaying game: Oldies, they play the role of hardened veteran warriors, newbies have 2 rolls to choose: The mature way, to say "These guys have been doing it a lot longer, of course they have unique gear and crazy skills, I'll just have to get better" or the option you chose: "Whine whine moan moan whine, Im a bitch and cant hack it".

STOP trying to make the game easier, its stupidly easy as it is. Get better or get the fuck out.

Impossible unless you have 329 generation.

Veteran players even on 1st generation are better than newbies. If they are not, nothing will help them except 'i win button'.

Wtf are you smoking.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 01:42:09 pm by UrLukur »
"Clava curva pie vinco"