Poll

Do you like donkleaps as an admin?

Yeah, he's doing great.
51 (52%)
He's too harsh with his powers.
47 (48%)

Total Members Voted: 98

Author Topic: Boycott the community servers.  (Read 10765 times)

Offline Quallen

• Noble
  • Renown: 21
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kill Cult
  • Game nicks: KC_Quallen
Re: Boycott the community servers.
« Reply #90 on: August 26, 2011, 09:33:02 am »
If an admin on the official servers tells you to shut up, you did something stupid and are toing a kick or a mute.

I have no idea why you are encountering this problem on the official servers, but I highly recommend that you change whatever you are doing behavior wise if admin are telling you such things, though this is rather puzzling as I don't remember your name coming up as a problem child...

Nope, negative, sorry but I'm a stand up guy.  My poor experiences were in the first weeks and I apologize for not knowing the current admin list but multiple KC have had problems reporting goon troublemakers to goon admins.  It might not be true currently but at the time it felt rather like admin roulette.  I'll send you a PM later.

Offline Donkleaps

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 26, 2011, 02:35:42 pm »
New reason to boycott community siege: they turned off banner balance due to whiners.  no reason to play there anymore. cya later

This is 100% inaccurate. We took off banner balance until noon today in order to get some comparative numbers. A suggestion that we thought was excellent with the influx of new players is to rotate days for banner/strict balance on siege. Leave battle1 as perma banner balance and use battle2 to cater to the newer players that are untagged that don't want to be pub stomped all day long and actually learn the game.

Get facts straight before qq time. I want to know what tabloid a lot of you are getting your super mega awesome information from because I want to subscribe to it.

"It's like playing cards with my brothers kids."

*EDIT* Noon Central to clarify.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 02:40:44 pm by Donkleaps »

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #92 on: August 26, 2011, 03:31:44 pm »
We should just boycott NA for a few weeks and force people to use EU ping, then let everyone back in.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #93 on: August 26, 2011, 04:48:30 pm »
cater to the newer players that are untagged that don't want to be pub stomped all day long and actually learn the game.

Pfft.  You big fucking carebear.  Fuck new players and pubbies.  BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Donkleaps

• Peasant
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 26, 2011, 05:10:20 pm »
Pfft.  You big fucking carebear.  Fuck new players and pubbies.  BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

Only worthy skulls are sufficient to decorate such a relic. Khorne laughs at your poor wins. (SEEWUDIDIDTHAR!?!?!?)

Offline Keslord

• Knight
  • Renown: 68
  • Infamy: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 26, 2011, 10:42:16 pm »
+1
One more reason to boycott is the server's refusal to remove broken maps MONTHS after the maps were recognized as totally defective.

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #96 on: August 26, 2011, 10:54:13 pm »
This is 100% inaccurate. We took off banner balance until noon today in order to get some comparative numbers. A suggestion that we thought was excellent with the influx of new players is to rotate days for banner/strict balance on siege. Leave battle1 as perma banner balance and use battle2 to cater to the newer players that are untagged that don't want to be pub stomped all day long and actually learn the game.

Get facts straight before qq time. I want to know what tabloid a lot of you are getting your super mega awesome information from because I want to subscribe to it.

"It's like playing cards with my brothers kids."

*EDIT* Noon Central to clarify.

What do you expect when you post zero information anywhere.  We're not mind readers, instead of just turning something off that players are accustomed to, you could actually post whats going on....perhaps even BEFOREHAND!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I'm not statistician but I dont think shutting it off for a day or a few hours is going to give you very good statistics to measure.

Catering to noobs and beginners isnt going to help any, as this game is extremely harsh on new people.  If people are afraid of a learning curve, this isnt the game for them, banner balance or not.  All you're doing is alienating your base.  Myself and clan play siege to play together.

And like poster above, I'd think getting the poor map rotation in order would be a MUCH higher priority than messing with banner balance.

Offline Classical

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 133
  • Infamy: 62
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 27, 2011, 01:10:08 am »
In all honesty, I know personally that Donk is working on some communal communication aspects to better connect the NA community with the server administration over the community NA servers, so give him a break while this shit comes into fruition.

Offline Jinxits

• Peasant
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
  • Screw off
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BG
  • Game nicks: Jinx, Twistedsickle
« Reply #98 on: August 27, 2011, 01:27:44 am »
Theres a difference between consistent and firm admining and powertripping no humor admins.  Admins that think every remark is a personal attack on them and threaten & intimidate the playerbase like its chocolate chip cookie german or something.  Good admins should be like an invisible hand.

Would be nice if this game was actually modernized like other FPS, so admins can WRITE in comments for a kick/ban without entering in some weird ass code.  Kick should also be your warning in most instances, not this 24/7 'warning state' like it currently exists.  The admins do more typing then playing.
« Last Edit: Today at 20:32:04 by Digglez »

This is one of the issues I am trying to address. It will be done by making sure all admins on the Community servers are on the same page as far as policy goes. I jsut ask for a little time while I try to get everything into place.

Donk I think its going to take more then a little time I understand your postition but some of your admins do rage alot easier then others and throw down their rage when pushed. Not that I do the pushing but I do play alot and notice people on a regular basis push your admins buttons. And some more then others can deal with it. And some just go right for the bans with out the Kicks. Yea I have seen it happen. I dont say anything these players push buttons they deserve what they get. But maybe those admins should hit them with their KICK STICK a few times before they haul them out on their BAN WAGONS for a few hours???? Just sayin...  Does this game only have one level of admin Priv or does it have Several levels that you can shell out??? Like other games? Say CS for example? Im sure Counterstrike has Several Levels of Admining. Im guessing this game only has one.

JINX  :twisted:
Jinx

Offline Mihilist

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: HeyZeus, Steppe, Just1Hand
« Reply #99 on: August 27, 2011, 03:53:04 am »
And like poster above, I'd think getting the poor map rotation in order would be a MUCH higher priority than messing with banner balance.

It should be the highest priority.  There are maps in the rotation that are either broken or completely unbalanced both of which results in a negative gaming experience regardless of player skill or experience.

Don't really care about banner balance either way but I'm not a veteran (started mid April) and you only get better from losing. 

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #100 on: August 28, 2011, 12:01:51 am »
It should be the highest priority.  There are maps in the rotation that are either broken or completely unbalanced both of which results in a negative gaming experience regardless of player skill or experience.

Don't really care about banner balance either way but I'm not a veteran (started mid April) and you only get better from losing.

Agreed. You wouldn't believe the number of CHANGE MAP requests I get in siege.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Keslord

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 28, 2011, 09:50:04 pm »
Tried to ask Donk in game if he had done anything to address the community's concerns  but he refused to answer.

How. Hard. Is. It. To. Change. The. Map. Rotation?

Offline Gash

• Count
  • Renown: 151
  • Infamy: 29
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ATS/Occitan
« Reply #102 on: August 28, 2011, 10:23:23 pm »
Airith is in charge of map rotation - he's pretty busy these days, but you can pester him if you want. Editing/removing maps isn't hard, just time consuming. And people have lives.

He did create a voting system to vote maps off in the Scene Editing section of the forums - not sure if many folks have used it.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 10:24:38 pm by Gash »
CRPG NA Server Admin

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #103 on: August 28, 2011, 11:21:33 pm »
Airith is in charge of map rotation - he's pretty busy these days, but you can pester him if you want. Editing/removing maps isn't hard, just time consuming. And people have lives.

He did create a voting system to vote maps off in the Scene Editing section of the forums - not sure if many folks have used it.

He hasnt read those threads in over 2 months, dude needs to step down if he cant check shit at least once a week.

Offline Keslord

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 29, 2011, 01:18:34 am »
+2
If you want the server to be taken seriously, this shit has got to change.

Example 1  Camelot

Gates are bugged. Map is great for first round. After that, interribad begins.

Sometimes both are open at the start of the round, sometimes only one. When the gate is bugged, it is impossible to close.

Start of Round 2:

-note that only 14 seconds has elapsed
(click to show/hide)

Closed Gate

Open Gate

(click to show/hide)

If the person that changes map rotation is negligent, please find someone else.

That is all
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 01:19:39 am by Keslord »