Offline Skawtish

• Noble
  • Renown: 15
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Nuffen
« on: August 17, 2011, 06:50:41 pm »
It has been a week since i was banned by nuffen for doing..nothing. I still haven't been informed how long my ban is, despite making a thread in the ban/unban request section. This thread was deleted after i was informed by another admin that my ban was set for 13 months (seriously). Nuffen claimed this was some kind of error, but a week later and i'm still banned.

Nuffen told me i was banned for team killing even though he himself acknowledged that i didn't team kill anyone.
He claimed that i thrust my lance at a teammate, and the teammate blocked. Now even if this were true, which it isn't, does it really warrant a permanent ban? Does it even warrant a kick?

This is what actually happened;  i unintentionally bumped a player with my horse. that archer then proceeded to fire arrows into my horse. I rode towards said archer and thrust my lance in his direction as a warning. I came nowhere near hitting him and he certainly didn't block it (unless you can block with bows now). As i was riding away he fired another arrow into my horse and my horse died. As i was getting up off the ground i was banned.

Not only is my punishment far too extreme, nuffen also lied when i requested a reason. I can't prove that he lied. The only person who could verify my version of events is the bashibazouk archer who killed my horse, though i doubt he will. Irregardless of whether his or my version of events are true, this ban is still completely unreasonable and nuffen has shown that he can't be trusted with his powers.
I didn't have a problem with nuffen before this happened but it has since come to my attention that many players have taken issue with him and his actions, so thats why i am making this thread.

If you are going to post in this thread please remain mature and civil. Also, please refrain from making personal attacks. I'm sure nuffen is a nice bloke. I made this thread because i feel he is a bad admin, not a bad person.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 06:53:52 pm by Skawtish »

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
Re: Nuffen
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 07:00:13 pm »
I fully support this particular case, Skawtish might be a lil trolly time to time, but from what i have played with him, he does not break the rules almost at any time. This ban was unneeded, the action for which it was given, was deserving a WARNING at the most in my eyes.

I felt frustrated when i found out what happened, and i blame Nuffen for that.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 07:33:20 pm by Cepeshi »

Offline Espu

• The good
  • Count
  • Renown: 261
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Espu
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2011, 04:37:15 pm »
Nuffen is not immune (there have been no failed nomination, just closed silly ones). This nomination is valid and will proceed according to the rules (20 unique posters disliking -> voting phase).

I strongly encourage each poster to read the nomination rules before posting support in this thread. Also consider carefully if you really want nuffen to be removed, do not post as a troll or because your mom/friend/seer told you to.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 04:39:33 pm by Espu »

Offline Gheritarish le Loki

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2011, 04:44:01 pm »
Hi,

It's signed,

I can only approved.

Gheritarish.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2011, 05:24:17 pm »
Being banned for a week for no good reason is truly annoying and is very sloppy of an admin.

Based on Skawtish's case I find this a good example of bad adminning, although I'm interested in what Nuffen has to say.

+1

Offline Fluffy_Muffin

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 429
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tribunal
  • Game nicks: Vivec_the_Poet
  • IRC nick: Umbra
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2011, 05:28:01 pm »
+1 on this
Defy me, and you will know what it is to stand against a god.

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2011, 05:31:56 pm »
Hi,

It's signed,

I can only approved.

Prpavi.

And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline nuffen

• Baron
  • Renown: 113
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Nuffen Fallen_Lilith Fallen_Little_Nuff
  • IRC nick: nuffen
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2011, 05:44:27 pm »
Ök, he changed his nomination reason. Seems I gotta write a new answer then.

For anyone who wants to check what this is all about, read here:
http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,13043.0.html

Accusation 1:
I still haven't been informed how long my ban is

Quote from the thread:
"Im gonna set an unban date of 14.08."

Accusation 2:
"but a week later and i'm still banned."
Yes, you were still banned 17.08, because I forgot to check my _manual list on my computer_. You could have send me a pm or contacted me on IRC to remind me, and you would have been unbanned asap. You were unbanned asap when I saw this post and remembered the date, but its really an unpolite way of you to "remind" me of the date.

Accusation 3:
As you can see from the unban request, I never stated that he teamkilled. I only stated that he attempted to, but failed.
The ban itself, on the banlist that he can not see, says teamkill because it doesnt have an option for teamkilling. If this is an abuse, please nominate the dev team, not me.

Then to the case:
Skawtish had been teambumping intentionally for several rounds, running around trying to bump as many as possible while we was camping. Finally, I got his name, and gave him a warning. A few seconds later, he responded by trying to attack a teammate who blocked his thrust and in that way avoided the teamkill.

I understand that skawtish got a reputation to defend and dont want to admit what happened, but that doesnt change what happened.

You have yet to explain what the _abuse_ is. Have I used my power for my own gain? (by banning a teammate, thus reducing my chances of winning) Do you think I did it because I or someone I know dislike you? (I have no idea who you are, I think this is our first encounter).

I have yet to see anyone actually starting an unbiased discussion thread on the general forum trying to argue why teamwounders should be punished less, without trying to lobby for some specific ban, making it hard to believe this is about the general level of punishment, instead of it being about Skawtish thinking he shouldnt be punished at the same level as others.

Leshma: so basicly your saying I was a good admin until some other admins muted and kicked your guys, and then I banned one of them for a totally other reason than the RPing? So you need someone to blame?

+1 Banned 2 players for no reason whatsoever today at about 18:00 on EU1, no warning just banned for 7 days 1 hour.

Several warnings, banned for teamwounding AGAIN (also, Pimp declared on TS that they were gonna tk next roudn every round they won, just to troll).

+1

Lol, I was waiting for that one. You've been bitter sinse I spoke up when you teamwounded a teammate on spawn just to ban him/her when he/she called you an idiot about it. I guess you feel frustrated because you cant ban me for disagreeing with you :D
Anyway Goretooth, to be honest: Ecko removing your admin because what you said about alliances in TS while drunk is BS. :)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 08:53:19 pm by nuffen »

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 500
  • Infamy: 2931
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2011, 05:46:01 pm »
While I always thought that Lilith/Nuffen is good (very active) admin this action of his and previous actions of other administrators and mod maker forced the man who helped me a lot to stop playing this mod which led to destruction of my clan and completely ruined my c-rpg experience.

You see, for  past month or so I've did a lot of roleplaying, dressing like a bandit, ambushing people and was using a little bit of foul language (f words) which are all components of being a true bandit. Many of my clan-mates did the same while not actually breaking any rules (except Panos but I'm not sure), we may annoy other players who roleplay different (noble) characters but that has nothing to do with breaking official rules.

Admin should interfere and warn/kick/ban only when any of rules is broken. Everything game admin does besides that is clearly abuse. That includes using admin chat for trolling, muting other players and such behavior. Many admins do abuse their position in this mod but I didn't give much of a thought to that before.

But now when my play style is in danger, when my clan doesn't exist anymore and when I won't play along my tutor and true legend of this mod I must vote:

+1 for removing Nuffen/Lilith from game admin position

I hope that this will be taken seriously by other admins and mod makers and that in future only truly responsible people will be given admin rights, that we won't see admin trolling and threatening other players just because he feels like it. That goes for every current admin, I really hope they would change for the better.

To make it by the book:

Hi,

It's signed,

I can only approved.

Former_Bandit_Leshma_the_Bicurious.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 05:48:30 pm by Leshma »

Offline djavo

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 120
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Salut
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HDZ_wing
  • Game nicks: Djavo
  • IRC nick: Kebab_Monteno
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2011, 06:08:35 pm »
As a former game admin serving server with more then 2000 players I cannot find any defence for nuffen but I must also warn you guys that most of your efforts to remove him from his position will be futile. Basicly his word is worth more then your guys and you have to collect a lot of noise to make anything happen.
Basicly what happened here is complete obliteration of game rules, and there are many flaws in current game bans because of clear statement what is bannable with how many days. So theres a lot of space to hide, when the rules are not cleary defined, there is many gray area.
So what happens is that anyone can be banned too harsh or too mild because there is no (kick,day ban, permaban) rulebook or chart.
Although I somewhat understand that flaws as a nuffen pardon, that just isnt enough for me to stay aside from this.
Also abuse doesnt have to have anything with personal gain, its enough that person who does that job to make cardinal errors and defies logic and most important looks the users who are the reason he has a job (hobby) from higher ground.
Users arent here because of admin, admin is here because of users.

Signed

Offline Jaundice

• Knight
  • Renown: 28
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Kebab_and_Chips
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2011, 07:21:50 pm »
+1

Banned 2 clan mates earlier at about 18:00 GMT, no previous warning (for being team attacked), no reason given for either, though they were getting team attacked so maybe in some-kind-of-perverse way they deserved it.

I don't think being team attacked and attempting (in vain) to defend yourself is a bannable offence, well at least last time I checked. We'd complained at least twice before about the perp but the admin ignored this and just randomly muted a few of my clan mates, before finally banned 2 clan mates after about another 5 mins of being team attacked.

By the way I'm 36 and my word is my bond, apart from when trolling Chase over his bot hacks.

Edited for clarity and detail, unfortunately I don't have SS's but I know a man who does.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 08:15:39 pm by Jaundice »

Offline Dez Nutz

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deez Nutz
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2011, 07:28:48 pm »
+1 he discriminates against certain clans. ignores admin messages about team killers and wounders and bans people that have done nothing wrong. mutes people that have different opinions then his.   

an insensdent that happened today was we decidede to make skip the fun alts that used xbox and spiked mace. and line up like in mount and musket on maps with houses this worked great.. but ppl where crying about it.  then some people started to team wound and tk us in spawn.. i would type in admin chat is admin here? this person is tking. ect.. 

Nuffen got on the server some time after this and the same team killers where still there team wounding and killing. all complainants to admin team chat where ignored.. and if any team mate  typed anything with the word admin in game chat they where muted.. 2 teammates where banned  at random. (we had similar names) the team mates asked why and nuffen lyed and made stuff up. his story has changed 3 times.. we dont need people like him as a admin. he is a shallow person that hold grudges and only enforces rules when he chooses.

and the proof ujin posted is NOTHING compared to what was going on. we had cav team mates running us over and lancing us.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 12:13:22 am by Dez Nutz »

Offline Guard_Mizari

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2011, 07:29:20 pm »
+1 for removal...Hate to do this as a former fellow clan member but I can testify to what has been said.

Offline Chasey

• Tournament Champion
  • Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Chase
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2011, 07:30:39 pm »
+1 is a good guy but an abusive admin
I like to fart on cold windows and lick the condensation :D