Author Topic: Agincourt  (Read 79185 times)

Offline Thucydides

• Baron
  • Renown: 129
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • I shat Uranus
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Thucydides
Re: Agincourt
« Reply #90 on: April 15, 2011, 05:30:43 pm »
Ultimately though, the jews won because they owned all the banks :lol:

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Grandmaster Ultimate God Of Swashbucklin'
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridgeburners
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
  • IRC nick: Buff Swashbuckling
« Reply #91 on: April 15, 2011, 07:58:36 pm »
That was until USA and Russian nuked the living shit out of everything.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
The Narwhals, dedicated swashbuckler part of FCC

Stabbing is my speciality and one hitting people, my art

Offline Thucydides

• Baron
  • Renown: 129
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • I shat Uranus
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Thucydides
« Reply #92 on: April 16, 2011, 12:08:54 am »
Then jesus came down to earth and fought mikhail gorbachev, the antichrist, and led all his followers to his kingdom of god in Alabama.

Offline FICO

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandits
  • Game nicks: Bandit_FICO
« Reply #93 on: April 16, 2011, 12:36:42 pm »

A fighter is more dangerous, starved, sick, injured, sleep-deprived, drunk and naked than the normal person is well-fed, healthy, whole, rested, cold sober and armed to the teeth

Offline Roran Hawkins

• Knight
  • Renown: 46
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hedge Knight
  • Game nicks: Roran
« Reply #94 on: April 19, 2011, 11:02:22 am »
 :shock:

Offline woody

• Earl
  • Renown: 407
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Woody, Weebo, Wreky
« Reply #95 on: May 14, 2011, 05:55:10 pm »
English won for the same reason they won Crecy, Poitiers etc etc.

Simple argument: they did large scale real life tests of warbows vs plate knights and they were massacres. End of.

Offline ArchonAlarion

• Baron
  • Renown: 98
  • Infamy: 54
  • Late 15th cen. English Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ArchonAlarion, DON'T_WAKE_GRANDPA, NASTY_TURTLE, UNARMED_CLASS_ DON'T_BAN_PLS, et al.
« Reply #96 on: May 31, 2011, 09:57:18 pm »
Something that annoys me is "bodkin" arrows in Crpg. From what I've read, these were constructed from cheap, soft metal and were not the most effective at piercing armor. They were used for quantity>quality reasons, to increase the chances of hitting unarmored targets. I think they should be cheap and shitty, rather than the epitome of arrows as they are currently.
http://www.royalarmouries.org/what-we-do/research/analytical-projects/armour-piercing-arrowheads

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #97 on: June 07, 2011, 08:20:22 am »
King henry handed out MW xbows to hes 2h/pole infantry just before the epic brave french knights charged their lines..  :lol:
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Blackzilla

• Earl
  • Renown: 451
  • Infamy: 108
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FIDLGB(strat/crpg),Dracul(Friends)
  • Game nicks: Blackzilla_FIDLGB, Helios The Shiny
  • IRC nick: Blackzilla
« Reply #98 on: August 29, 2011, 02:48:00 am »
bump* ;)

Offline MrShovelFace

• Baron
  • Renown: 119
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • Nobody cares about who I am or what I think
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 29, 2011, 04:31:34 am »
some people just cant let a thread lay to rest

and what is the point of bumping a stickied thread?
Nobody cares about who I am or what I think

Offline Grey

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 72
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
  • Hope you like arrows...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: -
« Reply #100 on: August 29, 2011, 05:03:41 am »
Something that annoys me is "bodkin" arrows in Crpg. From what I've read, these were constructed from cheap, soft metal and were not the most effective at piercing armor. They were used for quantity>quality reasons, to increase the chances of hitting unarmored targets. I think they should be cheap and shitty, rather than the epitome of arrows as they are currently.
http://www.royalarmouries.org/what-we-do/research/analytical-projects/armour-piercing-arrowheads

The broadhead and bodkin where of similar value in materials tbh....the BOWS on the otherhand, well, they were imported to England, not native in any way, and so many were needed several parts of Europe suffered terrible damage to the topcover of their forests, infact some monarchs begged the Pope to ban the export of the bowstaves to England. England on the other hand imposed a tax on ANY ship wishing to do business in ANY British port had to bring a number of bowstaves (this went up or down) per tonne of goods.

The longbow cannot be valued enough tbh, it was manditory for all men to practise weekly, and they would start at around age 6, by the time they were 18-20, they could hit a man 8 out 10 times at 200 paces. And that was the average ones.

Realistically: NOT every Frenchman, Knight OR Man-at-Arms, would be able to afford the most cutting edge technology in armour, and some would have only had leathers with a buckler.

Realistically: Most english archers would have had an even more ragtag collection of armour and weapons, EXCEPT that their longbows would have been top fucking notch. They all had decent longbows since the english were realists: Its AWESOME to charge into combat on horseback with your shiney sword, but its archers that win battles. Boring, but you dont die.
Bamboo Bundle Bowman: 90'' draw, groups at 200 yards.

Offline Blackzilla

• Earl
  • Renown: 451
  • Infamy: 108
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FIDLGB(strat/crpg),Dracul(Friends)
  • Game nicks: Blackzilla_FIDLGB, Helios The Shiny
  • IRC nick: Blackzilla
« Reply #101 on: August 29, 2011, 02:33:41 pm »
some people just cant let a thread lay to rest

and what is the point of bumping a stickied thread?
idk... someone linked this page for a conversation we were having on an unrelated topic.

Offline Merten

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • cRPG Player
  • "Well, Pikes are evil ... repeat ... e-v-i-l ..."
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Company
  • Game nicks: Company_Merten_Stallmeister
« Reply #102 on: August 29, 2011, 09:14:12 pm »

Realistically: NOT every Frenchman, Knight OR Man-at-Arms, would be able to afford the most cutting edge technology in armour, and some would have only had leathers with a buckler.

Realistically: Most english archers would have had an even more ragtag collection of armour and weapons, EXCEPT that their longbows would have been top fucking notch. They all had decent longbows since the english were realists: Its AWESOME to charge into combat on horseback with your shiney sword, but its archers that win battles. Boring, but you dont die.

1.) Only a few percents of their horses was armoured, and one arrow strikes really fast a horse in his charge down ... with devastating consequences for the rider.

2.) After their horses fell dead ... the night must avantage a sticky and muddy field (in the night before the battle it have rain cats and dogs) ... for a well armoured Knight, also he is a good damn athletic guy, that would be the hell.
And in this misery you will be rained by arrows (because a english archer would be able to send in 10 seconds 6 - 8 arrows on his way!) ... the consequences ... their attack will lost his coordination and the charge change to a muddy survival trip ... and then they arrive the english lines, full of waiting english men-at-arms ... not funny.

3.) And last but not least ... at the attack of the second wave of french knights (on foot) the archers running out of arrows ... but they not flee ... no with their lighter gear and with his axes and hammers they attacking the tired french knights from the flanks ... swift and dirty ... that was the end of chivalry and it became (once more) a victory for the professional infantry of the late medieval times.
... bleh ...

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Grandmaster Ultimate God Of Swashbucklin'
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridgeburners
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
  • IRC nick: Buff Swashbuckling
« Reply #103 on: August 29, 2011, 09:24:39 pm »
It was not the end, the French used the same strategy at Patay, where they utterly crushed the English.

Edit: You should read up on the Loire Campgain, five straight French victories.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 09:32:42 pm by Bobthehero »
The Narwhals, dedicated swashbuckler part of FCC

Stabbing is my speciality and one hitting people, my art

Offline Merten

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • cRPG Player
  • "Well, Pikes are evil ... repeat ... e-v-i-l ..."
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Company
  • Game nicks: Company_Merten_Stallmeister
« Reply #104 on: August 29, 2011, 09:35:59 pm »
/Sign

... but in these case the french timing was perfect and the english have that not expected ...

EDIT: And i have never would say that the french has nothing know about war in these times  :wink:
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 09:37:39 pm by Merten »
... bleh ...