Author Topic: Le Awlpike  (Read 1901 times)

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
Re: Le Awlpike
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2011, 03:51:22 am »
Shorter spears like warspears and such were not bad in 1v1. Not sure where you heard that from. Spears are really good in 1 v 1 combat IRL. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_IIHlFOEiI

And if the awlpike got nerfed like that, that would be retarded. Spears are supposed to be able to thrust for high damage. Their swings should be rather poor, though.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 04:07:24 am by Marathon »
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline 7000bc

• Knight
  • Renown: 57
  • Infamy: 10
  • Vae Victus, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Roma
  • Game nicks: Varros
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2011, 04:22:45 am »
Shorter spears like warspears and such were not bad in 1v1. Not sure where you heard that from. Spears are really good in 1 v 1 combat IRL. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_IIHlFOEiI

And if the awlpike got nerfed like that, that would be retarded. Spears are supposed to be able to thrust for high damage. Their swings should be rather poor, though.

Nerf my swing, buff my thrust.

I love you Marathon
For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?

Offline hotcobbler

• Knight
  • Renown: 33
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus or a gun? How about both son?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Knights Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Featherbottom
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2011, 05:03:10 am »
I agree with Marathon as well. However, I would add that the ideal situation would be adding and overhand and underhand thrust, and taking away the overhead "smash" that most polearms have now. I heard that might be hardcoded though.
Damn right I drink beer sideways.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2011, 05:08:54 am »
I agree with Marathon as well. However, I would add that the ideal situation would be adding and overhand and underhand thrust, and taking away the overhead "smash" that most polearms have now. I heard that might be hardcoded though.
No, it would just have to be for ALL pole arms as it is the pole arm overhead animation... and poleaxes doing an overhand thrust is silly. No, it won't happen until WSE if ever.
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.