Author Topic: 11 athletics? It's a nice little touch to my footwork. Whole build? Awesome  (Read 2542 times)

Offline Dravic

• Knight
  • Renown: 78
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Not playing
  • Game nicks: Not playing
  • IRC nick: Most likely Dravic
We're talking about this build here:

Level 30 (4 420 577 xp)

Strength: 6
Agility: 33
Hit points: 41
Skills to attributes: 8
Ironflesh: 0
Power Strike: 2
Shield: 0
Athletics: 11
Riding: 0
Horse Archery: 0
Power Draw: 0
Power Throw: 0
Weapon Master: 10
One Handed: 1
Two Handed: 1
Polearm: 190
Archery: 1
Crossbow: 1
Throwing: 1

So I was supposed to use a staff with it.

But then I tried spear.

WOAH. People just die to my stab... I mean, anyone who doesn't use ranged weapon or isn't a cav just can't do shit versus my speed and acceleration (unless he/she uses a lot of athletics either).

LOVE IT.

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
If you like getting 1 hitted all the time, it sure sounds like fun!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline Shrugging Khan

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • Shrug Hard.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shrugger
+1
If you get hit as an AGI build, you're doing it wrong.

I'm too sloppy with my footwork and fencing to run a build like that, but rock on! AGI is the way to go for fun and glory!  :D

RUN FAST. HIT HARD. DEATH AND GLORY!

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
this was a popular build in NA for a long time "The Mayor Build".
6/33 with a spear. You nailed it directly on the head!
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline owens

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 389
  • cRPG Player
  • PK_BALLA
    • View Profile
    • Our Website
  • Faction: Persian Kittens
  • Game nicks: PK's nice guy
  • IRC nick: PK world tour pm to donate
+1
Try this with 2PD 2PS 100 1H and 150archery wpf.

Kiting to the extreme.++++++++

you can use a 30cut weapon!!!!!!!! second tier sabre. This build is of the chain.

I have 1hit one person from full health so far which is ridiculous. They weren't even a peasant
PK is back

PK is a collection of elites from throughout modern and ancient history. Giants of Calradia individually, as a group these gods of combat shatter all expectations and ascend to a higher plain of victory that only a few have seen before.

Offline MAID_AMELIA_BEDILIA

• Baron
  • Renown: 90
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
  • Servant to the almighty GODKING of BIRD CLAN
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BIRD CLAN
+2
this was a popular build in NA for a long time "The Mayor Build".
6/33 with a spear. You nailed it directly on the head!

I am pretty sure that was actually the lawn gnome.  The original mayor was at least pure agi, wasn't he?  3/36.  The mayor's father though, went 3/39 :D
What if the internet was actually full of really nice people, and the nicest thing they could do was not comment?

Offline Ravanger

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MM_Yummjuice
+1
I think you just need to ensure you got enough power strike to actually make a mark on the platers, I went 12/27 awlpiker for a generation and it did splendid, only problem i had to deal with was ranged. Otherwise you end up being glancecity mayor and find you can't find certain foes, even though this is good for anti-archery being able to catch ranged.

Not sure how'd you be able to do much damage with an 11 athletics build, 9ath worked good for me being able to go in and strike then quickly flip away before they could engage in heavy melee combat.

This is what I seen when I played agility piker which is a lot of fun and a interesting playstyle itself.

I am just not sure how you would manage to get good hits on people with 2 powerstrike, even at I beleive 4powerstrike I had to becareful with my stabs otherwise I'd end up glanceing.

Ultimate build in my mind 12/27 for smaller battles and duels like on community, but on NA_1 you have to be extra careful since often you will find yourself always being shot at by archers and will get blackbarred or killed before getting to the melee.

You really have to use a weapon with pierce damage with low powerstrike, a spear or pike is the best choice.

Another thing I enjoyed is that you could backpeddle a whole team and skip around all the heavy STR builds and tag archers and unsuspecting people in duels.

Strength builds to me are really slow and tasking and I can't play any other way besides agility crutching it.

Now I am proably gonna attempt a one handed swashbuckler or bump up the strength and get a good ol'pike.

Also you will make a lot of fucking money with an agility build like this and so forth, thus a +3 weapon is seeming worthwhile as you can recover money loss and pretty much make gold regardless of the multiplyer.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 10:37:06 am by Ravanger »

Offline Dravic

• Knight
  • Renown: 78
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Not playing
  • Game nicks: Not playing
  • IRC nick: Most likely Dravic
+1
I am from EU.

Well I love athletics and I literally hate how slow str characters are.

I also hate when people call me an agi whore... Since when str power builds are the only builds allowed in public servers of cRPG?...

Offline Ravanger

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MM_Yummjuice
+1
I am with you on that Dravic after haveing played for awhile now ony thing that interest me anymore is agility classes as well as piker fighting style. A lot of people are just plateing and strength now which I am unsure how people enjoy playing robotic strength builds.

To be honest it feels like you have control of the fight almost as an agility class being able to circle them go in and attack  and move in and various other tactics.

I may also try your build with a STF to test it out for myself since I am curious about it haveing used some fairly higher strength ones like 12/27,18/18(This was actually lovely as a pikeman and a glaive master.), and now trying a bit higher strength to see how the power strike works on the pikes I use 15/24.

Funny also someone mentioned Lawn Gnome someone said I had a similiar build and playstyle while back.

Finally after long time I think I found my niche to play which is a pikeman/Spearman. Buying a +3 awlpike after haveing a lovely gen with a normal one before.

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
We're talking about this build here:

Level 30 (4 420 577 xp)

Strength: 6
Agility: 33
Hit points: 41
Skills to attributes: 8
Ironflesh: 0
Power Strike: 2
Shield: 0
Athletics: 11
Riding: 0
Horse Archery: 0
Power Draw: 0
Power Throw: 0
Weapon Master: 10
One Handed: 1
Two Handed: 1
Polearm: 190
Archery: 1
Crossbow: 1
Throwing: 1

So I was supposed to use a staff with it.

But then I tried spear.

WOAH. People just die to my stab... I mean, anyone who doesn't use ranged weapon or isn't a cav just can't do shit versus my speed and acceleration (unless he/she uses a lot of athletics either).

LOVE IT.

I can attest to this build being fun as hell.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
9/30 sounds a lot better, and you still have 10 athletics then.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Shrugging Khan

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • Shrug Hard.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shrugger
+1
9/30 sounds a lot better, and you still have 10 athletics then.
Nah, when you've settled for a spear and a high-speed approach, it's better not to compromise your strengths.

RUN FAST. HIT HARD. DEATH AND GLORY!

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
10 athletics vs 11 wouldn't be that noticeable on the battlefield.  At 10 athletics you're going to be faster than everyone else anyways.  But now you have 1 more powerstrike (which is huge) and you can equip up to 9 strength weapons.  The difference between polearms of 6 and 9 strength is pretty terrible to be honest, but at 9 strength you could then use a voulge (which is slow, so probably not a good idea) a light lance (which may be a good weapon with that speed, more damage and reach than a spear) or a quarter staff (which has knockdown and can do blunt damage 3 attack directions, versus the spear only doing pierce on one, but the spear does a lot more damage).

Personally going to 9 strength wouldn't change the fact I'd still use the spear, but I think having the 1 more power strike would be preferable to having 1 more athletics.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
I am from EU.

Well I love athletics and I literally hate how slow str characters are.

I also hate when people call me an agi whore... Since when str power builds are the only builds allowed in public servers of cRPG?...
The problem with you Agiwhores is that you run too much.

But it is alot of fun :P, still gay though..
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
+1
10 athletics vs 11 wouldn't be that noticeable on the battlefield.  At 10 athletics you're going to be faster than everyone else anyways.  But now you have 1 more powerstrike (which is huge) and you can equip up to 9 strength weapons.  The difference between polearms of 6 and 9 strength is pretty terrible to be honest, but at 9 strength you could then use a voulge (which is slow, so probably not a good idea) a light lance (which may be a good weapon with that speed, more damage and reach than a spear) or a quarter staff (which has knockdown and can do blunt damage 3 attack directions, versus the spear only doing pierce on one, but the spear does a lot more damage).

Personally going to 9 strength wouldn't change the fact I'd still use the spear, but I think having the 1 more power strike would be preferable to having 1 more athletics.

1 additional power strike does barely anything, especially with a weapon with low initial damage. 1 additional athletics also has a small affect when you're stacking that much athletics. Still if you have a build built around speed, I'd rather get a little bit more speed than an extra point or two of damage.