Author Topic: Escape from Tarkov  (Read 33216 times)

Offline Golem

• Earl
  • Renown: 466
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: rektlessHEMPrincess
Re: Escape from Tarkov
« Reply #75 on: February 23, 2018, 05:18:40 pm »
Latest patchnotes say "increased image saturation", so they must've left it out last time or are doing it this time that it's noticable even by your pleb eyes, Xant.
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 23, 2018, 06:30:23 pm »
To me these seem like welcome changes to armor: https://goo.gl/eZjT8N (reddit shortened link because this dumbass forum text filters it)

at least as a new player, meeting these forts was pretty frustrating. Didn't play that much lately due to other games, but one factory run had one hatchling with no armor tank several 7.62 bullets (TT pistol), like wut (probably desync or something), if that alone wasn't bad enough he sprints at me and my guy decides to retract his handgun/arms like a true gentleman so this enemy can proceed to hack my face with an axe.

I only lost a pistol but what a frustrating round.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 24, 2018, 05:32:30 am »
TT uses this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7.62%C3%9725mm_Tokarev

"7.62" is deceiving because that sounds like an AK round, but it's still some pistol shit that's awful against armor.

Fort was nerfed too much, makes the high-end firefights too fast. Hopefully changes once they introduce armor plates. The change doesn't help at all when it comes to lower levels either, non-high end AP rounds still take forever to penetrate, whereas it offers almost no protection from 7.62 BP or MK255 now.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 24, 2018, 01:58:02 pm »
Alright, that was stupid of me to think that was an actual rifle 7.62 bullet in a handgun. Often you see only the first dimension of the cartridge and think yeah it's the same bullet. Still though, he had no armor, so there was definitely desync in play. I've shredded hatchlings with less 9x19mm bullets before. But alright, beta and all, I understand. However, your guy really shouldn't pull his arms back when someone is close, at least with a pistol and maybe SMG (good SMG buff as well I guess?). In the worst case he'd retract his gun from point shooting to hipfire.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 24, 2018, 03:37:13 pm »
What do you mean by pull his arms back? They just changed it a couple patches back so that you can shoot people with pistols no matter how close they are. Instead of pointing the gun up or down, you just pull it back towards you.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 24, 2018, 06:13:29 pm »
What do you mean by pull his arms back? They just changed it a couple patches back so that you can shoot people with pistols no matter how close they are. Instead of pointing the gun up or down, you just pull it back towards you.

100% my guy pulled hands back and pointed gun up when the hatchet guy started hugging me

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 24, 2018, 08:25:08 pm »
100% my guy pulled hands back and pointed gun up when the hatchet guy started hugging me
TT was apparently broken, a dev just said that they fixed it
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 25, 2018, 02:01:52 am »
Ah, nice to hear

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 25, 2018, 10:15:10 am »
Is there more "non-linear" games like Escape from Tarkov out there? I've seen a couple vids about Hunt: Showdown but apart from those two... And both still in development.

Offline Radament

• King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • ☑Yes ☒No
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction
  • Game nicks: «Radament» «Miasma»
« Reply #85 on: February 25, 2018, 09:09:28 pm »
+1
hunt needs more content and polish before it becomes interesting for me , at this state i don't think it's worth the money with 2 bosses and 1 map...but it's my perspective.
Tarkov is far from perfect but it has currently 4 maps (another is going to be released soon) , good amount of moddable weapons (if you like guns you know what i mean  :wink:) , faction system (for now it's only aesthetic tho) , scavenging things are not my cup of tea but here is essential , netcode was barely fixed last patch alongside with gamebreaking exploits , performance are mysterious for me in eft (i just know shoreline is still shit sometimes even if it's the best looking map for me) , you get quests from traders , main character progression with a large skilline and last but not last ...sound is amazing.
ok i might be a tarkov fanboy but seriously , there's only one tarkov in this genre around , maybe dayz but yea ...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 27, 2018, 03:08:25 pm »
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deus_Mortis
« Reply #87 on: February 27, 2018, 03:28:58 pm »
hunt needs more content and polish before it becomes interesting for me , at this state i don't think it's worth the money with 2 bosses and 1 map...but it's my perspective.

Hunt is going to be a game with a lot of wasted potential imo. Has so much variety/depth in pve(Already has a lot of different enemies which behave and fight differently not including bosses), yet it focuses only on pvp matches.

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #88 on: February 27, 2018, 05:06:55 pm »
Hunt is going to be a game with a lot of wasted potential imo. Has so much variety/depth in pve(Already has a lot of different enemies which behave and fight differently not including bosses), yet it focuses only on pvp matches.

Eh, they're PvP-PvE matches are they not?, the matches clearly include both aspects and that seems to be the entire point of the game. I think the game will have wasted potential for sure, but for other reasons.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 27, 2018, 05:17:57 pm »
Yeah it's PvP-PvE, though apart from the boss monster, the other creatures don't really seem to present much of a challenge. But that can easily be modified. Dunno, Hunt seems somewhat interesting, but for me to try it it needs way more content and vastly better performance. Apparently right now it's 60FPS max with 1080ti and good processor, no matter what settings you use.