• Infamy: 273
  • cRPG Player
  • Feed me your tears!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Knightmare_
Wipe
« on: April 06, 2018, 08:31:22 pm »
+3
Lets do it bannerlord is coming out in 2021 anyway so not much to lose! Pop goes up or dies a little more but the hardcore people will still play

Offline Nickleback

• Hero of The Chamber of Tears
  • Earl
  • Renown: 338
  • Infamy: 263
  • cRPG Player
  • Sheogorath -a Daedra Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Wipe
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2018, 09:20:37 pm »
fuck no wipe go I love you bitch admins are already made their decision.

Offline Novamere

• Duke
  • Renown: 599
  • Infamy: 273
  • cRPG Player
  • Feed me your tears!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Knightmare_
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2018, 10:42:42 pm »
fuck no wipe go I love you bitch admins are already made their decision.

You dont wanna lose your 100 sheckles? sorry

Offline Nickleback

• Hero of The Chamber of Tears
  • Earl
  • Renown: 338
  • Infamy: 263
  • cRPG Player
  • Sheogorath -a Daedra Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2018, 08:27:54 pm »
You dont wanna lose your 100 sheckles? sorry

Yes nigga go hard or go home.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2018, 09:14:28 pm »
+5
Take people's wishes for a more diverse balance team more seriously and there might be a more stable population. My interest in this mod nose dived when Panos's thread about having more balancers was moved to the chamber of tears just because the devs/balancers don't want to have any other input into the development.

A wipe won't help. Its all about the gameplay and perceived bias in the development
If you have ranged troubles use this:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Rando

• Duke
  • Renown: 593
  • Infamy: 183
  • cRPG Player
  • Chairman of the Refuge Against Domestic Violence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2018, 02:44:51 am »
+3
Take people's wishes for a more diverse balance team more seriously and there might be a more stable population. My interest in this mod nose dived when Panos's thread about having more balancers was moved to the chamber of tears just because the devs/balancers don't want to have any other input into the development.

A wipe won't help. Its all about the gameplay and perceived bias in the development

I don't generally agree with the idea that the mod is *rip* because of some deeply set opposition to the finer details of game balance. Maybe for some, yes, but the vast majority of the playerbase that is holding off on playing is doing so because they just don't see enough players in the servers when they check (or, indeed, perhaps no players at all). To substantiate this: the mod has been revived at least 3 times just by avid members of the community setting up "play dates" which set the precedent that the game was alive again, leading to a new life until the next big title comes out, thus causing the mod to fizzle out due to lower player numbers reverse-snowballing into nothingness. And so, the cycle begins anew.
Women cannot be autistic, because that implies otherwise well functioning brain to be impaired in some way. We know that women posses no such thing.

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2018, 06:46:13 am »
+1
I don't generally agree with the idea that the mod is *rip* because of some deeply set opposition to the finer details of game balance. Maybe for some, yes, but the vast majority of the playerbase that is holding off on playing is doing so because they just don't see enough players in the servers when they check (or, indeed, perhaps no players at all). To substantiate this: the mod has been revived at least 3 times just by avid members of the community setting up "play dates" which set the precedent that the game was alive again, leading to a new life until the next big title comes out, thus causing the mod to fizzle out due to lower player numbers reverse-snowballing into nothingness. And so, the cycle begins anew.

he's right. as it has always been, only different by degree. people don't play because there's nobody to play with and there's nobody to play with because people don't play. like, there are probably enough spergs still running around that would play the game if it was 60+ daily population to actually sustain that population for a while. but goddamn dude who wants to join a server thats 5 v fucking 5 and "populate NA1" like i'm some 18 year old trying to get the DoD:S server that his 17 year old friend rented for our sick clan populated or something

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • Renown: 925
  • Infamy: 205
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elderly Woman
  • IRC nick: Nightingale
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2018, 06:51:15 am »
Uh... Tell me who tried to contact one of us to be added to balance discussions or better yet when did we ignore ideas? That literally never happened lol. We even implemented many things that random people had asked for... I only ignore one person and its because they failed to see why their ideas were piss poor... after countless attempts to explain I gave up and decided to ignore him to be the wiser decision.

So color me confused when you say we didn't want any other development input... because I don't even know how many different discussions with countless different people I partook in. the problem is population can't sustain itself when no one joins the server. 

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2018, 07:02:16 am »
Uh... Tell me who tried to contact one of us to be added to balance discussions or better yet when did we ignore ideas? That literally never happened lol. We even implemented many things that random people had asked for... I only ignore one person and its because they failed to see why their ideas were piss poor... after countless attempts to explain I gave up and decided to ignore him to be the wiser decision.

So color me confused when you say we didn't want any other development input... because I don't even know how many different discussions with countless different people I partook in. the problem is population can't sustain itself when no one joins the server. 

you should say i only ever ignore one person Blackbow
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Golem

• Earl
  • Renown: 466
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: rektlessHEMPrincess
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2018, 07:18:42 am »
+1
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2018, 08:16:31 am »
+4

http://forum.melee.org/the-chamber-of-tears/new-balancers-team/

Read that thread. People discuss the balance team and it gets moved to chamber of tears? Look at the poll. I know its Panos starting the thread but that whole situation just looks like a very negative way to deal with the subject imo, especially when the discussion wasn't too inflammatory. It put me off the whole mod personally
« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 08:22:46 am by Grumbs »

Offline Rando

• Duke
  • Renown: 593
  • Infamy: 183
  • cRPG Player
  • Chairman of the Refuge Against Domestic Violence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2018, 10:04:50 am »
+1

Read that thread. People discuss the balance team and it gets moved to chamber of tears? Look at the poll. I know its Panos starting the thread but that whole situation just looks like a very negative way to deal with the subject imo, especially when the discussion wasn't too inflammatory. It put me off the whole mod personally

I want to know who moved this to chamber of tears tbh. It's such a smug, shit-eating board that doesn't belong anymore since the mod has such a low playercount. Take what players say seriously instead of moving their threads to your cuck shed board like a big crybaby f.agg0t. pretty ironic how the board is called chamber of tears, maybe it refers to the tears of the low-T bitch that moves most of the threads there?
Women cannot be autistic, because that implies otherwise well functioning brain to be impaired in some way. We know that women posses no such thing.

Offline Panos_

• იოსებ ბესარიონის ძე სტალინი
  • King
  • Renown: 2006
  • Infamy: 885
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • Come and get couched, Turk!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vyzantion (Palaiologos Era)
  • Game nicks: Panos_the_TurkSlayer
  • IRC nick: THE_PANOS
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2018, 11:12:35 am »
I want to know who moved this to chamber of tears tbh. It's such a smug, shit-eating board that doesn't belong anymore since the mod has such a low playercount. Take what players say seriously instead of moving their threads to your cuck shed board like a big crybaby f.agg0t. pretty ironic how the board is called chamber of tears, maybe it refers to the tears of the low-T bitch that moves most of the threads there?

Uther did.

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2018, 11:45:45 am »

Funny enough, none of the balancers have the power to move topics to chamber of years. Only uthyr, james, or professor could have done that. Professor is the only one of those three that i would count as being on the balance team but really he isnt on it and we just live to serve him

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2018, 12:31:49 pm »
Would have been worse if a balancer did move it, but it just shows that its a waste of time when you look at that poll, the discussion that was going on then someone just hides it away for no reason. Moving that thread there where they move all worthless threads is literally saying its a waste of time discussing the balancer team or the future of the mod.