Author Topic: Huge Multi-Clan-Team Tournament: Evaluation Thread  (Read 6072 times)

Offline caki

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
  • Diplomat of The Turks'
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Turks
  • Game nicks: Kapikulu_caki, Kapikulu_caki_pokemon, Kapikulu_caki_cavcav, Kebapci_Abuzittin_Usta
  • IRC nick: cakican
Re: Huge Multi-Clan-Team Tournament: Evaluation Thread
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2011, 12:22:05 am »
About the flag thing. If someone can edit the maps for tournament and erase entry points, problem will be solved i guess.

Offline Thovex

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Thovex
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2011, 02:45:45 am »
Suggestion:

What if we change the size from 75 to 50 players per team tops, this way a load less people crash because it seems to happen often on big wars, this will have more teams and hopefully less language barriers, for example if we have a lot of russian clans partipicating I suggest putting those together so they can properly communicate and let European clans stick together. - This way a commander can focus more on speaking one language instead of needing a translator.

More teams, more battles - with less lag/crashes (EU8 surely was far better than EU_Shogunate_Dojo, I had far more crashes on that one  :|)

Could ofcourse be adjusted in various tournaments, maybe an idea?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2011, 02:48:40 am »
I think the idea of a Huge multi clan tournament is better
Turtles

Offline Tristan

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 52
  • cRPG Player
  • Listen to wisdom!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Guards)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tristan
  • IRC nick: Guard_Tristan
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2011, 02:49:47 am »
Suggestion:

What if we change the size from 75 to 50 players per team tops, this way a load less people crash because it seems to happen often on big wars, this will have more teams and hopefully less language barriers, for example if we have a lot of russian clans partipicating I suggest putting those together so they can properly communicate and let European clans stick together. - This way a commander can focus more on speaking one language instead of needing a translator.

More teams, more battles - with less lag/crashes (EU8 surely was far better than EU_Shogunate_Dojo, I had far more crashes on that one  :|)

Could ofcourse be adjusted in various tournaments, maybe an idea?

Duly noted. But not with this tournament I think.

But I agree that in future tournaments 75 players is too much however epic it is. The game can't really handle it.
We do this to the finish, with the bugs and what not it brings. And take those lessons and carry on to the next event that will be created.

He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief. He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened his mouth.

Offline Thovex

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2011, 02:52:57 am »
Nono, not this tournament, it's going fine so far I think with only 7 crashes, compared to last time 50v50 in shogunate server with atleast 50 crashes.

Offline Renay

• Earl
  • Renown: 493
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Every Clan, but mostly Ninja!
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Renay
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2011, 03:02:27 am »
I think 75 players is ok, and now that we done that once, the next battles will surely be better organized and even more epic  8-)
Blackbow is a bad admin,he once told me sandfriend It broked all my desire from the game/forums,i felt devastated,horrible don't know how to fix it.

Offline Loki

• Count
  • Renown: 228
  • Infamy: 57
  • cRPG Player
  • I don't know karate, but I know crazy.
    • View Profile
    • The Fallen Brigade
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Loki
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2011, 03:34:08 am »
Actually I thought it went pretty smoothly for organizing 150 people.  I would like the time limits increased so that we have no draws and more time to maneuver.  I'd actually like to see the teams increased to 100 vs 100, we had lots of people sidelined, wanting to join but couldn't.

If you keep crashing it's time to buy a new computer, this game is fairly old and not very cpu intensive.

Offline Thovex

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2011, 03:39:07 am »
Actually I thought it went pretty smoothly for organizing 150 people.  I would like the time limits increased so that we have no draws and more time to maneuver.  I'd actually like to see the teams increased to 100 vs 100, we had lots of people sidelined, wanting to join but couldn't.

If you keep crashing it's time to buy a new computer, this game is fairly old and not very cpu intensive.

No but it seems to use a crapload of memory, which I appear to run out of very quickly with no other programs on besides Mount & Blade: Warband.  :(

Offline Tristan

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 52
  • cRPG Player
  • Listen to wisdom!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Guards)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tristan
  • IRC nick: Guard_Tristan
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2011, 03:43:02 am »
No but it seems to use a crapload of memory, which I appear to run out of very quickly with no other programs on besides Mount & Blade: Warband.  :(

This is true actually. I have far far fewer crashes using win7 64 instead of 32 bit. Those extra RAM helped A LOT!
He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief. He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened his mouth.

Offline Sharky

• Knight
  • Renown: 44
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Legione Italica
  • Game nicks: LEGIO_Sharkyborn_Sharkatron Legio_Lollia_Paolina Legio_Sharkatrower Legio_SharkaNukes
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2011, 03:52:59 am »
Yeah i didn't crash but i had quite bad stutter and almost sure it depends on the ram. Cpu and Gpu usage wasn't too high but i had 97% of ram taken for most of the game (2gb of ram with a e6600 with a radeon 5770).
Maybe i'll just play on my laptop that have better performance and 4 gb of ram. It's more clumsy but buying 4 gb of the expensive ddr2 for this old pc just doesn't sound right  :o

Offline v/onMega

• Count
  • Renown: 234
  • Infamy: 67
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bearzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_vMega
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2011, 01:03:10 pm »
Haha, i installed another game while playing this battle.

64 bit systems are the way to go + 8 Gb of ram or more.

Server was awful, unable to feint, packetloss etc. Etc. (usually ping around 30 without loss).

Ppl crashed due to faulty c++ libraries and lack of ram.

Idea to do this tournament was great, server issues killed the fun for me...

I think playercount shouldnt exceed 120.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2011, 05:40:56 pm »
Buy more ram. It's cheap  :lol:

I had no real trouble in terms of lag ect. There was the occasional stutter...but on the whole it went much better from that pov than I expected.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 05:42:52 pm by Overdriven »

Offline Thovex

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2011, 06:24:16 pm »
This is true actually. I have far far fewer crashes using win7 64 instead of 32 bit. Those extra RAM helped A LOT!

Pfft and I play with 2 gb ram.

Offline Everkistus

• Marshall
  • Renown: 987
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • No good deed goes unpunished
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Everkistus
  • IRC nick: Everkistus
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2011, 08:49:16 am »
I played on a spare cheap laptop with 4gb of RAM. Didn't crash a single time, and even the server seemed to run pretty smoothly to me. Try playing on DX7 if you have a crappy pc, it should help.

Offline Ming

• Knight
  • Renown: 49
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player
  • Let her distract you!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Shogunate
  • Game nicks: Shogunate_BD_Ming
  • IRC nick: Ming
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2011, 08:45:46 pm »
+1
I think each and every clan should really be responsible for the amount of players they can bring to the battle. Team 3 had constantly around 10 players short than team1 and that's really one of the main reason we lost. I will not point out the particular clan in team3 but...

For example: u signed up for 10 members then u should at least let the team know that you are short of players and need more ppl from other clans to fill up the gap. If u only bring 3 ppl instead of 10 and 12 ppl instead of 20... How the hell do you expect us to win the battle? Even after the shogunate filled up 17 members, team 3 still ended up 10 players shorter than team 1.

This happend also in the previous battle against team4 but it was only the last round. This time this problem appeared in most rounds.

I don't know exactly how can we solve this but i think there should be rules to make this battle more fair and not let some clan overestimate their potential and register too many players, hence letting all the other players down in the team.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 08:51:11 pm by Ming »