Author Topic: Buying it or nah?  (Read 16643 times)

Offline Golem

• Earl
  • Renown: 466
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: rektlessHEMPrincess
Re: Buying it or nah?
« Reply #60 on: April 02, 2020, 02:34:23 pm »
All in all still enjoying it, but considering it took them 10 years to put this out it's honestly quite embarrassing.

It's super embarrassing. I really hope they can turn it around, or atleast release modding tools asap.
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 02, 2020, 03:39:21 pm »
The game optimization/coding is pretty bad as it was in early Warband (and even late versions, regarding CPU usage, etc).

Having it configured on Ultra settings or Low, is basically the same. Runs really poorly.

Really disappointed so far considering the development time.

Offline Rest_in_Peace

• Count
  • Renown: 171
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild
  • Game nicks: Rest_in_Peace
« Reply #62 on: April 02, 2020, 05:34:12 pm »
200hp horses :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD cancer turks cant even make decent game in 10 yrs of development

Offline Fredom

• Baron
  • Renown: 141
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player
  • Coming from a life of crime.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Fredom ; FredomNumbaNine
  • IRC nick: Steam name: Fredom[NumbaNine]
« Reply #63 on: April 02, 2020, 06:04:11 pm »
I can only side with the previous comments so far.

Optimization is the poorest I´ve seen in quite some time but whatever hope that's gonna get fixed soon. (I meet the minimum req easily /almost recommended)

Fps drops to like 10 fps back up to 100 repeatedly, laggy gameplay and clunky combat. it really IS an Early Access, however I was expecting some kind of "finished game" when it comes to performance...

Still alotta work ahead but who knows how long it's gonna take to get that fixed.

If you put all this aside which can be really hard sometimes, it's still kinda fun.
Fredom, are you British? -> You got an American accent!- Merc_Sjarken

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 02, 2020, 06:23:50 pm »
it really IS an Early Access, however I was expecting some kind of "finished game" when it comes to performance...

We'd expect that something as core as the game engine to be at least presentable before dealing with the extras, after 10 years. 10. Years.

*yells at the clouds*

Offline Bittersteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 919
  • Infamy: 199
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Créme
  • Game nicks: Tybalt_von_Krems, Lennart_Bladh
  • IRC nick: Bittersteel
« Reply #65 on: April 02, 2020, 07:05:48 pm »
They put out this steaming pile of shit after 10 years, referring to "Early Access" and thinking they're gonna make major changes or even fix it in a year is hilarious. It looks exactly like it did when they showcased it back in like 2015 so what the fuck have they been doing for the rest of the time??

Seriously, look at this video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-wYZvApOmE

Looks exactly the same, only the combat looks smoother and more like warband LOL useless cunts

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #66 on: April 02, 2020, 07:26:03 pm »

Some of my shitty gameplay. I really want a duel server to practice on, feeling off when i play, and not really getting the time to focus in skirmishes. Still enjoying the game though, just gotta learn some of the quirks.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Golem

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 02, 2020, 07:35:15 pm »
They really need to bring in the Battle gamemode. Also what's up with only aussies having siege servers?
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline Mlekce

• Earl
  • Renown: 454
  • Infamy: 367
  • cRPG Player
  • Remove kebab
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard, ex Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Mlekce, Sergius
  • IRC nick: Mlekce
« Reply #68 on: April 02, 2020, 10:39:47 pm »
Did they do something? Multiplayer now is not bad at all.
Played for a few maps as a 2h, not bad expirience.
Most annoying stuff are horses, they are so strong like somebody mentioned before.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 02, 2020, 10:52:46 pm »
I wonder what the Dev size and $$$ difference is between Rockstar and TW. RDR2 took the same amount of development time, its single player world feels alive and vibrant with actual voice overs, has mp modes and a co-op/pvp online world and is on all systems, while BL single player feels lifeless.
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #70 on: April 03, 2020, 08:00:59 am »
+1
I wonder what the Dev size and $$$ difference is between Rockstar and TW. RDR2 took the same amount of development time, its single player world feels alive and vibrant with actual voice overs, has mp modes and a co-op/pvp online world and is on all systems, while BL single player feels lifeless.

I'd assume the dev and budget differences are astronomical.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Golem

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 03, 2020, 08:20:56 am »
Did they do something? Multiplayer now is not bad at all.
Played for a few maps as a 2h, not bad expirience.
Most annoying stuff are horses, they are so strong like somebody mentioned before.

It's kinda fun when you learn to play around the glitches. What's most fucked up and easiest to fix is movement speed and friendly fire. Winning 1v4+ is practically impossible, if even one of those people knows what they're doing.

Offline bilwit

• Agent provocateur
  • Count
  • Renown: 275
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The toast is anarchy!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Billy_Whitmore, Andre_Whitmore, Gideon_Stargrave
« Reply #72 on: April 03, 2020, 08:44:23 pm »
+1

Rockstar has 2000+ employees and have budgets well over 100M per game, GTAV being over 250M and was the biggest budget game ever made at the time. TaleWorlds has about 100 employees.

Most of us are currently living off relatives, friends, parttime-jobs or savings, to be able to work as much and cheaply as possible.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 04, 2020, 04:02:58 pm »
50%+ of the budget is spent on marketing for RDR, and 2000 people aren't working on a single game. Anyway, there's a rather large space occupied by thousands of studios between "TaleWorlds & Bannerlord" and "Rockstar & RDR 2." Bannelord doesn't really compare favorably to other similarly sized studios either.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #74 on: April 04, 2020, 08:35:00 pm »
+1
(click to show/hide)

I haven't noticed the stances thing to change too much about combat tbh. In order to hit as fast as possible in warband you'd strafe to your left while swing from right to left, or vice versa. In bl they simply added stances which reinforce that decision, and make strafing left but swinging from left to right an even worse option, which kind of just shoehorns everyone into the same exact playstyle (if you're trying to to play aggressively, anyways). It feels like they added training wheels to the combat which only lowers the skill ceiling by nerfing unorthodox tactics.

I've still yet to adjust to how inconsistent blocking feels, both with and without a shield. Do stances affect blocks as well?

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador