Author Topic: Chinese flu - Doomsday 2020  (Read 32292 times)

Offline Nickleback

• Hero of The Chamber of Tears
  • Earl
  • Renown: 338
  • Infamy: 263
  • cRPG Player
  • Sheogorath -a Daedra Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Chinese flu - Doomsday 2020
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2020, 01:19:06 pm »
Those screams from the box omg.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2020, 10:47:40 pm »
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Bittersteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 919
  • Infamy: 199
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Créme
  • Game nicks: Tybalt_von_Krems, Lennart_Bladh
  • IRC nick: Bittersteel
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2020, 08:47:48 pm »
+2
Meh. This is just a slightly worse flu. Kills the same people that completely ordinary flu kills.

Yeah, there's definitely nothing else going on here. It's super normal to coercively quarantine 400 million people over a virus slightly worse than the flu.

Offline Lord_Carlos

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2020, 12:46:45 pm »
It is a bit too much mass Panic. It is not the black Death.

Offline Nickleback

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2020, 01:33:31 pm »
+1

You scandanavian bitch ,u are lving in best place in earth ,it wont fkin hit you anyways u dont need to bother at allll.

Offline Golem

• Earl
  • Renown: 466
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: rektlessHEMPrincess
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2020, 09:50:59 am »
+3

True, it's mostly yellow death
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1481
  • Infamy: 689
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2020, 02:24:34 am »
hard facts bout to be dropped

China and the communist party in disarray because this thing is the most perfect virus ever and they are doing everything they can to stop it. Reported lethality numbers are fudged to avoid widespread panic which makes the general public lose all trust in the government's ability to overcome the crisis and make things ten times worse. its no pride like idiots are claiming like it was portrayed in Chornobyl tv show.

Actually, this family of viruses has between 10 and 20% mortality rate and is airborne as fuck, therefore, global panic happens every time it pops up somewhere on the globe. This strain cannot have a 2% mortality rate.

The first mistake is comparing the current number of infected with current number of diseased. Those who died got it at least ten days prior so it is the number of infected at least ten days prior to the current number of dead. Check these stats:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Out of active cases, ~15% is critical, with severe symptoms aka death candidates. Closed cases give a better picture and there we see almost 20% of those died. So we are not talking about just another flu-like virus.

A few days ago I stumbled upon an article stating this virus can survive up to 9 days on objects, 4 days on average, it is much more resilient than influenza and damp, dark and cold climate helps it lives longer outside the body. 24 hours was clearly bullshit assumption. So far we still believe any mild disinfectant will kill it within a minute. Let's see how that fact stands in a month.

Couple that with other unique features and this virus is a good candidate to finish the Pandemic campaign. So China does what it must to contain it, even if it involves burning billions of dollars.

This will sound mad (worse than above mentioned) but unchecked unless it dies off by itself miraculously I think this virus has the potential to kill between 700 million and 1.5 billion people if it spreads globally. Spanish flu killed 2.5% of its victims, these coronaviruses are much worse. It is the modern discipline, hygiene and medicine we have to thank for. Send this back in time and disaster of biblical proportions happens.

Not sure is the number of reported cases fudged or not, China is going crazy with quarantine measures so could be true.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 02:29:20 am by Leshma »

Offline Golem

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2020, 07:45:28 am »
hmm
« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 11:02:56 am by Golem »
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline Nickleback

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2020, 07:02:32 pm »
hmm

He haven't read it lol.

Leshma those nımber pf deaths would be apocalyptic.Damn can we all crpg community group up and move to antartica!?

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2317
  • Infamy: 1802
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2020, 12:41:50 am »
Lemme tell ya something pal. My momma likes to listen to good old cassette radio or boombox or whatever you call those. Since the year of the Lord numbers 2020, there are no more of those on the market. One we had, 40 year old radio short circuited. We have three old school radio devices: AIWA hifi with huge speakers, some Chinese hifi knockoff and good old cassette radio. I took a peek in all three to see what I can fix.

Chinese hifi has potentiometers which work like the jungle trap, never saw anything like it before. There's a screw and around that screw is a rope which goes over some plastic circle thing which when rotates activates some mechanical switch. Bought that thing on flea market approx. 20 years ago. Design is probably 70 years old...

Cassette radio is slightly newer design but the power supply has so much isolation it really scares me. I mean why the fuck anybody needs 220V for something simple as FM radio?

AIWA was built in Wales which is odd because I expected it to be made in Japan. It is 30 years old model or so. Inside it looks like a modern PC, I swear my PC from 1999 looked like ancient analog computer compared to this hifi. So neatly designed and organized, high quality components everywhere. Aside from 30 years old dust rug, everything is spotless. No rust. Built to last forever.

tl;dr Chinese should close their factories and fuck off so nasty capitalist pigs are forced to finally start making stuff locally like we used to make stuff. Lord is my witness that western made products are so much better than modern Chinesium garbage.

Dont make just merica great again, make entire world great again. Down with the Chinese!
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 12:45:17 am by Leshma »

Offline Nickleback

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2020, 04:24:35 am »
I like the way you relate things lol.

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2020, 01:32:42 pm »
+1
Wash your fuckin hands bros

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2020, 04:49:12 pm »
Wash your fuckin hands bros

yeah but not only with soap but also with some antiviral sanitizer/alhocol, kinda like this
(click to show/hide)

especially during flu time, once I get home from outside, before I do anything else, I wash my hands with soap, dry them and then put some antiviral sanitizer on (dont wash it off,  alcohol dries quickly). My brother uses this at the hospital aswell and you can get it in any drugstore

during spring, summer and autumn soap is good enough though, I only use sanitizer during winter when everybody outside is a walking plague haven. It's also good to clean your door handles/light switches/keyboard/anything you touch regulary from time to time, especially when people who live in your house are sick atm
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 860
  • Infamy: 335
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2020, 05:37:36 pm »
It does not help that much IMHO. Since I was a kid and first time learned about handwashing I kind of god it very seriously so I wash my hands at least a dozen times a day. Which is not so good because not having any pathogens on your hands means you'll be more susceptible to them when you finally catch some. Also, it is not helping the skin just like shampoo washing is not good for your scalp and your hair. I have very thin skin on my hand because of this. But it is past OCD phase and can hardly let it go now.

As for the alcoholic mixture, not sure is that such a good idea. Will kill germs but from what I know alcohol will get absorbed through the skin and it vapor gets in the air so you can inhale it over time. But since it is diluted its not big deal, if it was pure alcohol it could pose a slight problem. I did get headaches cleaning with pure alcohol in larger quantities.

There is a hypothesis that this virus can transport itself as aerosol like paint fumes can travel which I hardly believe because that would make it incredibly hard to deal with. Good thing that one of hypothesis involing those in virus incubation phase spreading it around is debunked because that was really scary as well.

I am doing something many people find disgusting, I eat garlic quite often during flu season. It does help, could be a placebo effect but whenever I get sore throat or semblance of dry cough I eat some garlic and tomorrow I am good as new.

Offline Golem

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2020, 05:59:16 pm »
And here's me  not washing my hands, specifically, almost ever and I can't remember the last time I had a flu or a cold. Let's see who catches the corona first. Me a pig or Leshma a cow.