Author Topic: Avengers Endgayme  (Read 3712 times)

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Avengers Endgayme
« on: April 26, 2019, 10:08:35 am »
+5
So have people here seen this? Personally I've never understood why people love superhero movies so much, and I've no idea why the last Avengers movie was the highest grossing movie ever. All these movies follow the same tired clichés, have the same kind of out-of-place shitty predictable jokes, have ridiculously childish and dumb plotlines (and characters and worldbuilding) with zero internal consistency, and awful fight scenes which resemble 80's action movies but just with REALLY powerful dudes and dudettes. In a sentence, they're live-action Disney cartoons. I would've enjoyed them greatly as a ten year old, just like I enjoyed Disney cartoons, but I see all these grown men acting like it's Christmas because a new superhero movie came out. Baffles the mind.

And now people have been insanely excited and hyped about Endgame. Apparently they're crying and laughing and being rendered speechless in the audience.

My question, then, dear readers, is twofold: was Endgame good, and why do you like watching movies like it?
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
Re: Avengers Endgayme
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2019, 01:03:23 pm »
+1
Haven't seen it or the last 5 or 6 of those movies. They pumped out too many of them IMO. The last superhero movie I recall seeing and enjoying was one of the wolverine ones.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2019, 01:12:51 pm »
+3
Superhero movies are meh I agree, I just pirate them when I don't have anything else to watch.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2019, 01:30:08 pm »
+2
I do not watch them either, not at all interested in super heroes. However marvel are good at making movies, they are solid flicks, character, pacing, story seems to always be at a good standard. Avengers was the first one i heard that was exceptionally good, for having so many characters it still handled it well which is very hard to do without making it feel cluttered.

They are pretty much just good popcorn movies, some fanboys get horny over them but most people just casually watch and can be immersed. Consider that we are getting so much garbage in cinema, having something thats consistent and a "universe" so it all kind of blends together, makes it very easy to digest.

Guardians of the Galaxy is one that i did watch and found to be completely watcheable. I didnt watch the second one but it also holds up supposedly. Deadpool was alright too, but not too memorable and a bit cringy.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2019, 01:46:23 pm »
Yeah I enjoyed guardians of the galaxy as well actually.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2019, 02:20:12 pm »
The first Guardians of the Galaxy is probably my favorite superhero movie, as well. It was a pretty fun watch. But even it wasn't anything I'd call amazing, or worth fanboying over. Just a solid 7.5/10 turn-off-your-brain movie. Deadpools were also pretty good, though the humor was a little too first grade at times.

Also the Wolverine taking place in Japan was pretty good, but... it suffered from the same issue as all the superhero movies do, there's never any real challenge, these movies are mostly power fantasies and the characters aren't relatable at all because of it. And the fan service gets cringy at times in scenes that are clearly made to get the target audience* whooping out loud and laughing in giddy excitement about how bad ass the superhero is.

*this guy making noises is a perfect example: https://youtu.be/l0dhPm3vbyE?t=399
(also the mandalorian could be really good, sounds like a very interesting premise etc., just not super optimistic that disney will actually do the concept justice)
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2019, 03:31:17 pm »
+1
The people fanboying over superhero movies are the actual stereotype nerds from 90s: overweight, neckbeard, lives w/ mom and showers you in saliva when talking about his favourite alternate universe marvel comic.

And yes, shame for Star Wars franchise because it has a cool ass setting, yet the movies are created just as another superhero movie. They're cool to watch for the visuals, but anything beyond that is eh. Imagine if it had a more adult and complex story..

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2019, 04:24:29 pm »
+1
Star Wars is alright, i never felt too invested in the expanded universe stuff. The originals are just simple fantasy adventure movies, with great characters. Kids movies essentially. Fun alien creatures, weird magic and cool unique looking planets. If youre going to make stuff more mature, you might as well just go for something that is already built on a mature setting. If anything is going to be made, make another adventure movie. Nice visuals, simple relateable characters, evil bad men vs good guys and some straight forward goal. It doesnt have to be so adult, the original trilogy is still the best because its far from adult.

The guy cumming to the mandalorian trailer is so embarrasing, i'll be glad if its a decent movie, but im expecting more garbage.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2019, 05:33:28 pm »
Logan was good.. Really liked gotg, antman and antman and the wasp, thor ragnorock and both deadpool movies too.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 05:37:30 pm by Asheram »
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Panos_

• იოსებ ბესარიონის ძე სტალინი
  • King
  • Renown: 2006
  • Infamy: 885
  • Come and get couched, Turk!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vyzantion (Palaiologos Era)
  • Game nicks: Panos_the_TurkSlayer
  • IRC nick: THE_PANOS
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2019, 07:20:30 pm »
+2
Why the fuck people clap inside the cinema?  :mad:

Offline Thryn

• Meme Artisan
  • Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 1177
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook
  • buff 2h tbh
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Thryn
  • IRC nick: Black Bastards
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2019, 07:46:26 pm »
lord of the rings forever

We may not love corrupt government, but we must love our country.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2019, 09:45:02 pm »
+1
https://clyp.it/3e0b32m3

Murica

[–]linkchomp 86 points 5 hours ago
Guy next to me was laughing at every third sentence, clapping every fifth, commenting every ten. Something slightly exciting happens? He start to jump up, pushing off armrests (which in turn meant shoving the one between us into me as it was loose so it could fold up) and shaking the row. Big excite scene? Shouting “fuck yes, lets go!” While clapping loudly. Any hero has any negative, a paper cut, “oh...oh no! Please no”

–]SishirChetri 69 points 6 hours ago
There's a scene with Captain America in Endgame (you know which) where my theater went completely nuts to the point where I saw some people covering their ears. And it wasn't a momentary thing either, it was a sustained cheer, for a minute, maybe.

This entire thread..... Jesus Christ. Guess it really drives home what kind of people these shitty movies are made for.

https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/bhwp9o/do_people_actually_clap_and_cheer_in_movie/?st=JUZWTB5B&sh=b8f5b373
« Last Edit: April 27, 2019, 09:53:10 pm by Xant »
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2019, 10:29:39 pm »
All i can say is, im glad sweden aint like that. So embarrasing

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2019, 12:16:47 am »
+3
Funny I went and yeah people were excited and having a good time but nothing obnoxious and there wasn't an empty seat in the house either. Hope you enjoy your jaded life on top of that high horse you ride.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2019, 12:26:02 am by Asheram »
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2019, 01:10:14 am »
+7
Imagine being such a pathetic person that other people having fun bothers you. This thread is seriously 100% more cringe worthy than anyone excited to see a super hero movie is.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/