Author Topic: bots on battle servers  (Read 736 times)

Offline Gurgumul

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
bots on battle servers
« on: March 02, 2019, 12:52:21 pm »
+1
I was contemplating possibility of single player or PvE cRPG, and we already have DTV. But alone you can only defend the initianl peasant waves, past that it gets difficult, also DTV is boring and takes a long time to grind compared to current battle or strat.

So here I propose to put bots on battle servers with very low population, 1-8 players let's say. At minimum of 9 players, bots disappear. Or have battle always have minimum 20 characters, if there are less than 20 players, fill the ranks with bots. Shouldn't be difficult to accomplish since preset bots are already in cRPPG. I'm sure many EU players like me open cRPG tab in browser, check player number on servers and turn it off because no one plays. No one plays because there is no one to play with. But if there are bots to play with, it can be a great way to kickstart cRPG, because what is the other alternative? Join server and just stand there alone, waiting? With bots there will be something to do in the meantime. If you're good enough that you carry your team of NPCs, you even get multiplicator and sense of pride and accomplishment.

Please respond.

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 242
  • cRPG Player
  • Small rain lays great dust
    • View Profile
Re: bots on battle servers
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2019, 04:21:32 pm »
+1
Shouldn't be difficult to accomplish since preset bots are already in cRPPG.

It is. Was discussed many times that bots won't work for battles. They would either require a lot of time to implement and give them basic AI that isn't bugged or it's gonna be just too broken to be played with. Same with duel bots. If you manage to persuade Nditions owner to provide us duel bot code - we'll add it, but I doubt you will.

Warband has no real AI, it uses waypoints for AI. cRPG uses Wyrn AI and it would just get stuck at the vast majority of maps.

Offline Gurgumul

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: bots on battle servers
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2019, 05:03:42 pm »
ok thanks for explaining