Author Topic: hypocritical ruleset  (Read 4258 times)

Offline grimsight

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: hypocritical ruleset
« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2018, 08:28:16 pm »
+2
Yeah I got on native a few days when crpg was dead planning to gk tdm and saw 30 ppl on battle so I went there. The very first rounds had Tsb Ruth, Manry and a few others repeatedly spwn killing. They killed me and a bunch of others then started saying I was tk in spawn and they ban polled me and I was kicked for no fkn reason. So I went and played gk tdm and 5-10 minutes later they showed up there spewing the same crap. I went to check battle pop and it was 8 down from 30 in 5 minutes.
I always prefer battle over tdm or seige but I wont be visiting na battle anymore.

The night you're referring to has already been dealt with. The server died after you left because I arrived and banned multiple team killers, including some regulars.

I'm very sorry you had to endure such an ordeal. Hopefully in time you will be able to move on from the trauma that is Warband teamkilling.

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2018, 08:32:39 pm »
+1
Hopefully in time you will be able to move on from the trauma that is Warband teamkilling.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline nikklenikkle

• Knight
  • Renown: 78
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: OE nikkle the BROWN bat
« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2018, 08:40:50 pm »
Chester ur missing the entire point. Its not about people that make fun of narmin its about the inconsistency of the admins enforcing this rule. Admins appear to not care about the context of whats going on at all, an example is last night, as morris kindly mentioned, I said something ingame along the lines of "why is it people can make fun of narmins religion/culture and not get muted, yet when someone says friend they instantly get muted." and lo and behold I got muted for saying friend. I obviously had no malicious intent yet this doesn't appear to matter to admins. Yet when people say wayyy more offensive things such as explicitly making fun of Duckies fairly obviously social problems, narmins race/religion, 911, peoples weight and more its fine.

as stated many times I'm not trying to play the victim card or whatever the fuck u guys think im doing, all I care about is the consistency    of admins enforcing rules.

Offline MercerTheSwellGuy

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 18, 2018, 08:54:41 pm »
Don't worry. Once I get admin I will mute for F-Words and N-Words.
Did you even read what he said or are you trying to sound stupid on purpose? "Maybe if I say something 'funny' I'll get likes even though it has nothing to do with the conversation at all and no one finds it funny."

Offline chesterotab

• Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 634
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 18, 2018, 09:00:18 pm »
+1
Ok so the thread unironically is "I think the admins are doing a bad job, but please be more consistently bad"

▲ ▲

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2018, 09:03:43 pm »
+1
So whats the conversation again, dont be rascist against a muslim who names himself after a shitty terrorist organizationn?
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline nikklenikkle

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2018, 09:07:20 pm »
its literally about being consistent in rule enforcement what am i saying thats so confusing

Offline chesterotab

• Game Admin (trial)
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 18, 2018, 09:25:29 pm »
Ok well if the whole point is just a recommendation for the entire admin team to be truly consistent in how they deal with the broad issue of in game chat racism (and verbal abuse?) I would say your recommendation is unreasonable to expect and more than a little bit naive.

In game administration amounts to little more than in the moment judgement calls that each individual admin makes in an effort to keep people playing while following the basic rules. It will always be case by case, there will never be actual consistency. Remember, admins are just as dumb as you are.

▲ ▲

Offline Morris

• Duke
  • Renown: 507
  • Infamy: 147
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 18, 2018, 09:26:47 pm »
+2
I'm not trying to play the victim card
"free speech! free speech! everyone should be able to say whatever they want without getting muted! friend friend friend friend friend friend friend! friend!"
*gets muted*
"wtf??? why i get muted & no one else does?!?! i demand that you mute those ppl too!!!! it isn't fair!!"

Offline Grytviken

• Practicing Scientologist
  • Duke
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Salad_Fork Raven_Grytviken
« Reply #54 on: October 18, 2018, 09:27:57 pm »
The mean admins are muting people that spam N****** over and over every round. Why can't they just understand the complex and deeper meaning behind these 12 year old autistic outbursts, it's just not fair! I'm allowed to do it in Call of Duty black ops 4 !

Offline nikklenikkle

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 18, 2018, 09:28:56 pm »
very good rebuttal

Offline nikklenikkle

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 18, 2018, 09:35:53 pm »
Ok well if the whole point is just a recommendation for the entire admin team to be truly consistent in how they deal with the broad issue of in game chat racism (and verbal abuse?) I would say your recommendation is unreasonable to expect and more than a little bit naive.

In game administration amounts to little more than in the moment judgement calls that each individual admin makes in an effort to keep people playing while following the basic rules. It will always be case by case, there will never be actual consistency. Remember, admins are just as dumb as you are.
im just giving feedback to the admin team. even morris admitted I have a point in the argument im making. I really hope that every time admins get criticized you dont resort to "we are human too!!!! we make mistakes as well!!!" let me ask this, why is the N word banned? If its something completely unrelated with it being offensive then Ill admit im retarded and just lock the thread, but If it is to do with something along the lines of it being offensive, maybe theres a black member in the community or whatever the fuck reason you give, then id bet that your reasoning can be applied with people making remarks about islam. I feel like the only reason you people are disagreeing with me is because narmins incredibly toxic and you dont wanna shift the rules to help him

edit- i rly didnt expect this to blow up like it did. just trying to help improve this community
« Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 09:39:16 pm by nikklenikkle »

Offline chesterotab

• Game Admin (trial)
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 18, 2018, 09:42:39 pm »
Using that word in the chat is against the rules because the people the created the mod, and the people that currently run the mod decided it is. It being "offensive" is almost irrelevant. They don't even need to make it a specific rule, it neatly fits into the existing "racism" umbrella.

▲ ▲

Offline Meli

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 18, 2018, 09:51:42 pm »
Again, the problem is inconsistency. Either you censor it all or you censor nothing.

Offline nikklenikkle

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 18, 2018, 09:56:34 pm »
chester why do you think the devs decided to ban it? Id say its a safe guess to say that they did so because it was offensive. Which goes back to weve been saying for the past 5 pages, if the CRPG admins are worried about the N word being offensive they should be worried about it all and not pick and choose.

if for whatever reason your confident that the rule is fine as it is then we will stop but i think your logic is flawed